I suggest increase the amount of Acension points for mastery.

C5 should allow 10
C6- 20
C7- 30

The challenge in Mastery is all ready enough with the limitations we are given in each map and are limited gear values.  Giving us more Ascension will make it more tolerable and make are defenses feel more like defenses again.

I love a good challenge, but when it gets to the point of higher you go in chaos the defenses feeling like paper where you have to rely a lot on heros to point of 4 man groups making it much easier, due to the little HP increase per player, the challenge just don't seem as fun.

Just my opinion I not sure if people feel the same way but I figure I would give my say. 

Yeah, I'm with [[43706,users]] . I also feel like crit scaling may be a bit too high to the point where all but two defenses in the game are just flat out substantially better when built crit. Even worse is how bad non crits feel with a crit build, where you have a streak of zero crits letting enemies by since normal hits do ~50k and crits do ~600k. And running a non crit build doesn't solve the issue anyway, since the damage is so much lower.

If and when Ascension is reset for Onslaught, players may have to farm a minimum of ~60 Ascension before they can progress again.

I wonder what changes, if any, are going to happen with the release of new content.

I love everything that's been said here, i really do, and support it all.

The ascension per chaos level though, i feel should be a tad more smooth and even. Perhaps something Mastery Level x 6 is how much ascension you're allowed, that way you basically get 2 more points in each of the 3 ascension categories in each mastery. Which, 2 more points honestly isnt a lot, but at least by M7 you have most of your def crit chance back, and ever so slightly beefier defenses so it's ever so slightly easier for solo players to actually do this.

Cause ya know trendy, just because you can have 4 players, doesnt mean everyone wants 4 players, some people are more shy or reserved and prefer to play alone, that's where they enjoy the game the most.

While yes this does make sense, it still is supposed to be very difficult. I mean the game mode is called Mastery. 

Just get rid of the caps in Mastery after the competition of course. Mastery would become a lot easier, but it would be more fun and more players would enjoy it. Allow players to beat Mastery fully so that they can fully enjoy the new mode coming soon.

@UnarmedReaper07 quote:

Just get rid of the caps in Mastery after the competition of course. Mastery would become a lot easier, but it would be more fun and more players would enjoy it. Allow players to beat Mastery fully so that they can fully enjoy the new mode coming soon.

Yes, it would be easier but Mastery isn't supposed to be easy. It is meant to be difficult and for more experienced players. This is also why they are releasing the Revised Onslaught Game Mode because it will give a variety of ways to level.

@iBlurryy quote:

@UnarmedReaper07 quote:

Yes, it would be easier but Mastery isn't supposed to be easy. It is meant to be difficult and for more experienced players. This is also why they are releasing the Revised Onslaught Game Mode because it will give a variety of ways to level.

There's easy and almost impossible to solo on console. I'm pretty sure no one on console can solo Mastery, but I could be wrong. Mastery needs to be easier solo, since there haven't been any public Mastery games since Mastery 3/4 for me.  :(

:( i don't want to contradict you, but i disagree. 

From what i know abut Ancient Power, Mastery is going to be easier. So there is no point in making the Mastery game easier by allowing more Ascension cap + Ancient Power. Just wait a few weeks and probably M5 M6 and M7 will feel smoother.

In the game mode you're not supose to play Full Chaos and than Full Mastery and than Full Onslaught. But rather you should finish Chaos 1 and do some Mastery 1 and than go Onslaught 1 ... this is one cycle, now you go to Chaos 2 M2 and O2 ... second Cycle.... and so on. (or corect me if i understood wrong)

Basicly you're struggling WITHOUT  CAPPED power in M6 ... :))) you're not capped.... that's why we struggle (i didn't have time to finish M6 .... yesterday i spent 1 hour trying to solo Forgoten Ruins and ... probably i am doing somthing wrong with my build ) 

And to agree with you ... YES ... Trendy increase the ascension please, make M5 with 7 ascension and make M6 with 12 ascension :) ... i still like this chalange even if i can't solo it completly.

@The Jason Order quote:

If and when Ascension is reset for Onslaught, players may have to farm a minimum of ~60 Ascension before they can progress again.

I wonder what changes, if any, are going to happen with the release of new content.

I am positive that Ascension will not reset when you prestige in the new update. It goes against everything Ascension stands for. A permanent, minor and incremental power increase. One that makes every moment you play the game contribute towards a permanent goal. One outside the character-specific progress system. Ascension means you're always working towards something tat can't be taken away when gear stats or other things are increased or changed (which in loots games, they will be.) That it always feels "worth it" in regards to progress. Where you can temporarily switch off Ascension points for more challenge if you choose; but you will never actually lose those points. It was modeled after Diablo 3's Paragon system, and it works very well.

The closest thing I can imagine happening would be some sort of "trade," where you have to sacrifice a certain number of Ascension levels each time you prestige. I would still absolutely HATE this myself, but it would at least make it worthwhile to people who can play hardcore enough. As far as I can tell so far, the stuff you would reset when you prestige would be: character XP levels, your armor and weapons, your progress through Onslaught floors and Chaos tiers, etc. Stuff you can regain within some sort of reasonable timeframe, and that you earn wholly in-game of course.

I'm with [[176328,users]] Once we do the prestige thingy a # of times, Mastery should be a bit smoother. I'm only at ch2 gear on PS4. So, I'll be doing Onslaught for awhile before I even try Mastery. :-)

I have to agree somewhat with the OP, ascension limits on mastery feel a little too restrictive having all the first 4 tiers with 0 asc like rly? I understand this mode was made with the hardcore gamers in mind but it should also be possible for more causal players too. As a F2p game there is probably as many or even more casual/semi-casual players as hardcore players and every mode should also be achievable by them. I hope this new version of onslaught is more open to players of all abilities whether thy only play an hour or 2 a month or play all day every day.

I just wish we had at least 20% defense crit chance ascension. Between the pitiful amount of ascension you do get (and only later on) and the fact that your gear is always the chaos tier minus 1, your defenses in mastery almost do nothing. Playing mastery I am forced to make rounds around the entire map because my defenses cannot take any lane reliably unless I completely overkill which is not always possible depending on the DU and whatever challenges are present. Oh and farming for multiple vamps and crit chances is a royal PITA. Mastery makes you feel like an idiot for selling DP shards even though crit is king in the regular game.

I know they wanted it to be a "challenge" but there is something extremely off with this execution. You get yourself an equal amount of players as there are lanes and mastery is incredibly easy. In maps with 4 or 3 lanes I'm almost certain you do not even need defenses if you have players. Defenses are massively restricted, yet the ones you can build often do jack diddly. Solo is a masochist's dream but team play feels way too easy. Mastery removes the tower defense part of the game and all you are left with is the hero play.

@dizzydiana quote:

I have to agree somewhat with the OP, ascension limits on mastery feel a little too restrictive having all the first 4 tiers with 0 asc like rly? I understand this mode was made with the hardcore gamers in mind but it should also be possible for more causal players too. As a F2p game there is probably as many or even more casual/semi-casual players as hardcore players and every mode should also be achievable by them. I hope this new version of onslaught is more open to players of all abilities whether thy only play an hour or 2 a month or play all day every day.

When I think they should have Done is made Mastery 1 the easiest one to do and as you go onto the next Chaos Level make it slightly harder and so on. So with Mastery C1 you gear is capped not as much and your Acs level aint capped but C2 some of your Acs level is capped and the Gear  is capped slightly tighter and so on and so on. So C1 be for the casuals with C7 being only for the HC players.

Yeah having less than 20 points on c6 just doesn't make sense, no one use DP in c6 because it's not worth, I don't care how they fix it, make DP viable or give us more crit chance.

Whats the point of challenge that require us to play with something we are not used to and will never use outside Mastery? Because if you are using DP in C6 Trails you are doing something wrong.