30 second build times causing me to peace out

When mastery first came out, it wasn't rage inducing to do solo. I actually really enjoyed the challenge. But now the game has become so difficult to solo that I get extremely irritated to the point where I don't enjoy playing it. I was on vacation for a little over a week and without having any elite friends who are also a week behind, there's no one to help me build the 30 second maps. Which is basically causing me to walk away from the game that I've spent 3 years playing. Pretty sad. 

I´m not trolling, just wanna ask: Why do you need elite friends to help? Anyone who can dps, will make it a lot easier. Have you tried asking in the hub?

Another question: do you need to complete the 30 second challenges?  If you ignore the challenge and get 3 stars, for all 30 second builds, you'll be able to get probably all the hyper shards (I haven't counted, but I think if there are 4 30 second builds per mastery, that is 2*7*4 = 56 missing stars, and this is an overestimate, you can be missing 55 stars and get all rewards except the last half of M7 after the last hyper shard).  I'm not trying to be insulting, I'm just suggesting that if a game mode is hard for you but the reward is minimal, why bother when there is still plenty of game left to play?  You can always go back later and do the 30 second ones if/when you find people to play with.

@tallahassee007 quote:

When mastery first came out, it wasn't rage inducing to do solo. I actually really enjoyed the challenge. But now the game has become so difficult to solo that I get extremely irritated to the point where I don't enjoy playing it. I was on vacation for a little over a week and without having any elite friends who are also a week behind, there's no one to help me build the 30 second maps. Which is basically causing me to walk away from the game that I've spent 3 years playing. Pretty sad. 

It is the same for me. I have 17 DD2 friends and only 1 still plays once in a while. Mastery is all about DPS it seems since our towers are so weak. your heros can hold a lane with little or no defenses and its almost impossible to die lol. I use proton charge to just melt everything in Mc3 and Mc4 . The worst combo is 30 second build timers and dont build more than 1 type of a defense. No upgrading is tough for me as well. You can add me in steam if u want , i am asc lvl 1840 , i only have 415 stars so far and have 4 mystics now for obelisk walls :)

pF.nels

@MaJean quote:

I´m not trolling, just wanna ask: Why do you need elite friends to help? Anyone who can dps, will make it a lot easier. Have you tried asking in the hub?

The DPS'ing isn't the problem. It's the 30 second build times. If it weren't for those I could solo everything. It's next to impossible without help. You said so yourself: Siphon Site D M4!

@lekkin007 quote:

Another question: do you need to complete the 30 second challenges?  

You can always go back later and do the 30 second ones if/when you find people to play with.

Another question answer: YES!! Yes, I do need to complete them all. 

Your second response: I have plenty of friends to play with that would help. Friends who have finished in the top ten in back to back weeks. But I'm not asking for someone to go back and help me. I'm too independent.

The point being: 30 second build time is ridiculous if you want to solo the game. So I'm choosing not to play until it's changed. If it isn't changed, then I just won't play. I'm a very active member of the community and I wanted to voice my concerns and the concerns of others. 

@tallahassee007 quote:

Another question answer: YES!! Yes, I do need to complete them all. 

The point being: 30 second build time is ridiculous if you want to solo the game. So I'm choosing not to play until it's changed. If it isn't changed, then I just won't play. I'm a very active member of the community and I wanted to voice my concerns and the concerns of others. 

Ah, so you are choosing to boycott, not actually looking for any support or suggestions.  That is a completely different matter.  

I have done some of the 30 second ones solo (even the one of each defense).  On some maps I think it's fair, but not all of them for sure.  My guess is that they'll look into changes after the races are over, but not before.  If you don't want to play DD2 that whole time, that is of course your decision, but one that seems silly to me.  I don't really think a boycott will do anything.  A boycott only works if you complain very loudly and in mass numbers, but I don't think you've tried to get people together on this issue in any sort of meaningful way.

I'm also going add one more scorched earth comment. I feel like TE got together when they were making this game and decided to get rid of EVERYTHING that made DD1 awesome. Trading, unique weapons, unique pets, bosses that actually mattered, storyline, and allowing us to build our towers and weapons the way we wanted by assigning levels to certain categories. Everyone from Fozzie, Mindlessdefender, majean, etc.. all talk about empty servers. Well..

@tallahassee007 quote:

@MaJean quote:

The DPS'ing isn't the problem. It's the 30 second build times. If it weren't for those I could solo everything. It's next to impossible without help. You said so yourself: Siphon Site D M4!

What I mean is, with extra dps you can focus on building just one or two lanes during the initial 30 secs and finish the rest of the building in the wave, while someone dps for you.

@lekkin007 quote:

A boycott only works if you complain very loudly and in mass numbers, but I don't think you've tried to get people together on this issue in any sort of meaningful way.

I hear you! Please don't misunderstand my selfish negativity as criticism toward you or any of the faithful members of this community or game. I'm not boycotting in a "rally the masses" type. I'm choosing not to play because the content isn't what i think it can or should be. As I stated above and as has been stated multiple times over again, this game is just nowhere near what it could/should have been. I wish they'd just remaster DD1 for next gen and call it a day. 

Don't trust those bad bad defenders, they are paid with ice-creams to talk dirty about dd2. Game is doing great Emoji_Kobalt.png

@tallahassee007 quote:

I'm also going add one more scorched earth comment. I feel like TE got together when they were making this game and decided to get rid of EVERYTHING that made DD1 awesome. Trading, unique weapons, unique pets, bosses that actually mattered, storyline, and allowing us to build our towers and weapons the way we wanted by assigning levels to certain categories. Everyone from Fozzie, Mindlessdefender, majean, etc.. all talk about empty servers. Well..

@MamaTata quote:

Don't trust those bad bad defenders, they are paid with ice-creams to talk dirty about dd2. Game is doing great Emoji_Kobalt.png

Those are just my opinions and I've heard them spoken by several players who no longer play the game or have considered putting it down all together. 

This is no diplomatic B.S., I'm glad you still enjoy the game. Because that's what games are supposed to do, bring us entertainment. I'm just becoming frustrated and like the flu, the frustrations of others have finally gotten me sick as well. 

Yep, I would recommend using protection mask when one visits these forums apprentice_small.png

mask-toxic-t.jpg

this is our top-product, it's connected via braintooth to your smartphone to alarm you ahead of any toxic material.... forum posts, discord chats etc

@tallahassee007 quote:

@MamaTata quote:

Those are just my opinions and I've heard them spoken by several players who no longer play the game or have considered putting it down all together. 

This is no diplomatic B.S., I'm glad you still enjoy the game. Because that's what games are supposed to do, bring us entertainment. I'm just becoming frustrated and like the flu, the frustrations of others have finally gotten me sick as well. 

@MamaTata quote:

@tallahassee007 quote:

Leave me out of this. Nobody gave me any ice cream!

Man! this is some gold that you don't see everyday in this forum!

Personally, I think mastery is pretty good, it's one heck of a challenge. 

I'm pretty sure you're have a decent internet connection which is quite lucky. I have put up with getting disconnected during mid-game nearly every match to worry about the 30 sec build phase!

We've said multiple times, and this still holds true, that we will be looking into changes for our game modes after the expansion releases. The forums can be a bit of an echo chamber on certain issues, because the majority of our players don't use the forums, Reddit, or Discord, so you may see the same few people having the same issues, and it could seem like a much larger issue. It most definitely could be a large issue, and to have our bases covered with every bit of feedback we get, at the very least we look into it.  Your opinions and experiences are important to us, we just might not give an immediate response on some feedback. It could be a number of things, from trying to figure out a good resolution, to a change we've made for an upcoming update that we just aren't ready to announce. Just don't forget, you and your opinions matter to us. <3

Side note, completely get that things can be frustrating and venting can offer temporarily relief, but focusing on being constructive always provides better communication and allows us to look into the issues with more clarity. Feedback is always welcome, as long as it is constructive in nature, and not attacking anyone — this includes one another. I know you're all awesome people, so just try to remain awesome. :)

@tallahassee007 quote:

I was on vacation for a little over a week and without having any friends who are also a week behind, there's no one to help me build the 30 second maps.

Oh i understand you perfectly ...

Mastery is easy to play the same day it is released ... you just join some public games for the 30 sec maps ... but i am in the same situation... didn't have time in weekend ... and now Mastery is EMPTY ... no one to team up with ... and i don't like to relay on friends "please help me do a map that you already did and you win nothing from helping me" 

I like the chalange, i do NOT want Trendy to make Mastery easier... just to make that 30 second a 45 for solo players that's it !

As a side note (Off-Topic) ... i still have problems at no upgrades maps for solo... that i can't solo AT ALL. 

@tallahassee007 quote:

Your second response: I have plenty of friends to play with that would help. Friends who have finished in the top ten in back to back weeks. But I'm not asking for someone to go back and help me. I'm too independent.

so you want the mode to change to comply with solo ? then no one would play as a team. , i think the whole premise was to get people working together , if for however your saying not enough people are playing mastery at your stage then i agree with you also as i had so many problem trying to complete those 30seconds maps until i had someone kind enough to join me in the endeavour even though they already did it. 

@Paloverde zfogshooterz quote:

Man! this is some gold that you don't see everyday in this forum!

Personally, I think mastery is pretty good, it's one heck of a challenge. 

I'm pretty sure you're have a decent internet connection which is quite lucky. I have put up with getting disconnected during mid-game nearly every match to worry about the 30 sec build phase!

haha i have a friend experiencing the same >.>

@emilian quote:

@tallahassee007 quote:

I was on vacation for a little over a week and without having any friends who are also a week behind, there's no one to help me build the 30 second maps.

Oh i understand you perfectly ...

Mastery is easy to play the same day it is released ... you just join some public games for the 30 sec maps ... 

I've never joined a public lobby. I do them myself. Well, I did do them myself until they made it next to impossible. 

@tallahassee007 quote:

Just want to say that I play solo 99% of the time.  30 second build time is the hardest to cope with.  Even an additional 15 seconds if solo would be a big help [[166314,users]].

Well, the 30 Seconds Timers are those Challenges i just skip for now or try to 3 Star them atleast... until they adjust them a little bit for Solo players and its totally ok, if they wait for the highscore races to be over with...

Its difficult to find players for mastery at all... (PS4) it either just happens and u got people to play with or none at all... u allways have people asking for help within seconds being in town, but if u ask for help, theres just silence lol...

The good thing with mastery is that u really need to up your game and "git gud" (i hate that expression) ... i was cheesing trough c7 for to long and got all repressed... why improve lol? To farm c7 a little bit faster? who cares... but in mastery u need everything u got.

But i need to farm a little bit for now, until i tackle c5+, for shards and to get different dps chars going... also theres probably enough threads to complain about mastery... they will adress it... so all we solo players can do is wait atm.

Also, its kinda annyoing that theres no replay option in the pause menu in mastery, u have to fail to have that option.

@lekkin007 quote:

Another question: do you need to complete the 30 second challenges?  If you ignore the challenge and get 3 stars, for all 30 second builds, you'll be able to get probably all the hyper shards (I haven't counted, but I think if there are 4 30 second builds per mastery, that is 2*7*4 = 56 missing stars, and this is an overestimate, you can be missing 55 stars and get all rewards except the last half of M7 after the last hyper shard).  I'm not trying to be insulting, I'm just suggesting that if a game mode is hard for you but the reward is minimal, why bother when there is still plenty of game left to play?  You can always go back later and do the 30 second ones if/when you find people to play with.

everyone leaves if you don't have 5 stars

@super_slayan quote:

everyone leaves if you don't have 5 stars

What's your point?  I was clearly talking about settling for 3 stars if you are doing solo, in which case there is no one to leave you.