Sign in to follow this  
LAWLTA

Dev Log 95 - Power of the Ancients is posted!

@Lawlta quote:
  • Onslaught, our new game mode that is your main focus of progression.

• Ancient Power, our new character progression that allows you to push the limits as defenders and increase your strength.

Ummmm... What?

Didn't you already give us a new game mode this year that is the main focus of progression? (Chaos)

Didn't you already give us a new character progression system to increase our strength this year? (Ascension)

Is Onslaught a replacement for Chaos?

Is Ancient Power a replacement for Ascension?

Will all these things co-exist?

@Hom-Sha-Bom quote:

Is Onslaught a replacement for Chaos?

Is Ancient Power a replacement for Ascension?

Will all these things co-exist?

About onslaught and chaos, the notes say this:

Trials now drop MORE gear and shards than before, making them more rewarding for taking on harder enemies sooner than you would in Onslaught. You can choose to progress through Trials to unlock Onslaught floors, or through Onslaught floors to unlock Trials, which just feels great having the option to go between the two and still progress.

So... the endgame mode we have been promised is easier and less rewarding than Chaos Trials? Am I missing something or not understanding it correctly? Please tell me I'm wrong.

@Hom-Sha-Bom quote:

So... the endgame mode we have been promised is easier and less rewarding than Chaos Trials? Am I missing something or not understanding it correctly?

It seems to scale from campaign to C7 and beyond. 

You beat it once at floor 1.

Them you do floor 2,

then 3, 

and so on.

Mutators, random lane mobs, different number of cores, different number of lanes, every single game. 
Not sure how this will be easier?
What they are saying is, that it will have a better progression system than chaos tiers have currently.

So yes, probably initially, it will be faster to reach C7 gear, than it is currently. 

But beyond that, no. Probably will not be easier. 

@PandynatorDD quote:

I said it would be easier based on this:

Trials now drop MORE gear and shards than before, making them more rewarding for taking on harder enemies sooner than you would in Onslaught.

If Trials has harder enemies, that means Onslaught has not as hard aka easier enemies.

@Hom-Sha-Bom quote:

@PandynatorDD quote:

Trials now drop MORE gear and shards than before, making them more rewarding for taking on harder enemies sooner than you would in Onslaught.

If Trials has harder enemies, that means Onslaught has not as hard aka easier enemies.

Well it says sooner.
So progression might be faster in trials, but ultimately harder and more rewarding in Onslaught?

Who knows :D

@PandynatorDD quote:

@Hom-Sha-Bom quote:

So... the endgame mode we have been promised is easier and less rewarding than Chaos Trials? Am I missing something or not understanding it correctly?

It seems to scale from campaign to C7 and beyond. 

You beat it once at floor 1.

Them you do floor 2,

then 3, 

and so on.

Mutators, random lane mobs, different number of cores, different number of lanes, every single game. 
What they are saying is, that it will have a better progression system than chaos tiers have currently.

So yes, probably initially, it will be faster to reach C7 gear, than it is currently. 

But beyond that, no. Probably will not be easier. 

Whoa! A bottomless labyrinth! So awesome!

@PandynatorDD quote:

@Hom-Sha-Bom quote:

@PandynatorDD quote:

Well it says sooner.
So progression might be faster in trials, but ultimately harder and more rewarding in Onslaught?

Who knows :D

That's how I read it as well. Which makes me think the hard counter enemies that people complain about will be in onslaught.  So I guess we need to see how it's implemented.