LAWLTA

PlayStation 4 Performance Feedback

• What region? Usa eastern time zone in michigan
  • What country?United States
  • What specific performance issues are you running into? The issue i have is with the Abyss lord- when i put my hyper shards on any other character they work but when i put mass destruction and vicious strikes on my ramsters they are glitched and have less effect then the standard shards.
  • What are your download and upload speeds?  Make sure to specify with Mbs (Megabits) or MBs (Megabytes). 56 mb download, 10 mb upload
  • How long are your game sessions? hours
  • Are you noticing the lagging/rubberbanding at the beginning of the play session, or after playing for a while (if after a while, how long)? some times

• Are you playing on WIFI or on a LAN (wired) connection? lan
  • Is there a specific map and mode you're playing on, or is it any map/mode? the issue happens for both onslought 60 floors and in chaos 7

Whatever you can provide is feedback we could use!  Feel free to PM your information if you would prefer to not post publicly.

Thanks!

@Jaws_420 quote:

Just a quick note - prior to the Barb update, TE addressed crashes on the consoles pretty intensely and the rate of it went way down (so nice!!!!!). Since the last update (after barb, but not today's small patch)  i have had some new crash issues. Now maybe this is just my connection and not an issue in the game, but i wanted to report it just in case. I will follow-up if it happens more often. 

Issue is that 2 times, in only about an hour or two of playing last night, when i beat a stage (was in Onslaught both times i think) and then attempted to go back to the Town, the game kicked me out to the main menu screen and i got a "you have been disconnected from the PlayStation network, check your connection" message. However, no other devices in my house on the same WiFi went down either time as well, and i was able to instantly choose the town option from there and it connected no problem - which should not happen if a network/connection was down. 

I will check in if it happens more. I just wanted to say something in case i am not the only one. 

Had more of this error this weekend. 

@Jaws_420 quote:

@Jaws_420 quote:

Just a quick note - prior to the Barb update, TE addressed crashes on the consoles pretty intensely and the rate of it went way down (so nice!!!!!). Since the last update (after barb, but not today's small patch)  i have had some new crash issues. Now maybe this is just my connection and not an issue in the game, but i wanted to report it just in case. I will follow-up if it happens more often. 

Issue is that 2 times, in only about an hour or two of playing last night, when i beat a stage (was in Onslaught both times i think) and then attempted to go back to the Town, the game kicked me out to the main menu screen and i got a "you have been disconnected from the PlayStation network, check your connection" message. However, no other devices in my house on the same WiFi went down either time as well, and i was able to instantly choose the town option from there and it connected no problem - which should not happen if a network/connection was down. 

I will check in if it happens more. I just wanted to say something in case i am not the only one. 

Had more of this error this weekend. 

and again last night. Last 2 times it happened was coming from initial game startup and trying to go to town. 

I'll provide all the data later. I have a couple questions:

1 - Will we ever be able to see what direction our defenses are facing while placing them? Certain mastery conditions are tough (do not sell defenses) when I don't know where my defense is facing. I have actually created an alt account to keep on hand so I can use that account to see where my defenses are facing. That shouldn't be a requirement IMO.

2 - When will we get to play 2 player local in the 1st part of campaign again? The Barbarian update made it so we cannot play with 2 players local in the 1st few maps of campaign (I think through the throne room).

Please and Thank you for a response.

@Big_D_N_Lil_J quote:

1 - Will we ever be able to see what direction our defenses are facing while placing them? Certain mastery conditions are tough (do not sell defenses) when I don't know where my defense is facing. I have actually created an alt account to keep on hand so I can use that account to see where my defenses are facing. That shouldn't be a requirement IMO.

2 - When will we get to play 2 player local in the 1st part of campaign again? The Barbarian update made it so we cannot play with 2 players local in the 1st few maps of campaign (I think through the throne room).

For 1 I think you can. What do you mean where you face them? When you put down your defence, you can see where is facing and rotate it. And then when you place it you can check by holding L3. What exactly do you mean?

I think he means how pc can rotate the entire cam/hero as he rotates the defense, so you can see an accurate view of the end of range. With vicious deadly full gambit ramsters, trying to place them with their backs to the wall (assault on throne room, upper boss lane for example) usually takes alot of guesswork, a partner directing you, or some other workaround because you can't see the end of the range as you place it to line it up how you want it. You have to place it with the wall in front/to the side of you because you can't get behind it and see the range as you place it.   In mastery you can't sell and rebuild on some, so it's alot harder to place long range defenses when you can't see the last 30% of the range (even without gambit). 

@specialK quote:

@Big_D_N_Lil_J quote:

For 1 I think you can. What do you mean where you face them? When you put down your defence, you can see where is facing and rotate it. And then when you place it you can check by holding L3. What exactly do you mean?

@MaverickHunter77 quote:

I think he means how pc can rotate the entire cam/hero as he rotates the defense, so you can see an accurate view of the end of range. With vicious deadly full gambit ramsters, trying to place them with their backs to the wall (assault on throne room, upper boss lane for example) usually takes alot of guesswork, a partner directing you, or some other workaround because you can't see the end of the range as you place it to line it up how you want it. You have to place it with the wall in front/to the side of you because you can't get behind it and see the range as you place it.   In mastery you can't sell and rebuild on some, so it's alot harder to place long range defenses when you can't see the last 30% of the range (even without gambit). 

@specialK quote:

@Big_D_N_Lil_J quote:

ah ok, understood

Some days there are minimal issues when playing. Other days are like the one I am having currently. Two bluescreen error crashes in a row; one after re-rolling the lost temple shortly after the map was loaded up and I could move. (Which is an unusual time for it to occur, all previous instances I've faced hasn't happened while physically loaded into a map and started moving). Right after loading the game back up and readying up after map 2 I ran into an error again, which is quite unusual as well for it to happen so close to each other in time.

i have just downloaded dungeon defenders 2 on my ps4 yesterday, i seen my buddy playing it and i was like i wanna play too, well it downloaded and it takes me to the "PRESS ANY BUTTON TO START" menu, then it pops up "initializing game login" which is all fine and dandy until it says "no internet connection found. you must be connected to the internet to play dungeon defenders 2" my buddies who are also playing it on ps4 arent having this problem at all, please help, i tried uninstalling and reinstalling twice now, didn't work, i have rated the game 1 star because of this problem but as soon as i can login i will rate 5 star, i rally liked dungeon defenders 1 so im really frustrated that i cant play 2

Check the options at the main screen and switch servers top right from default to east or west 

You might have an issue with your NAT Type. Try restarting your router. Or talk to whoever fixes your router to open the ports for Playstation network, or enable UPnP if it supports it. Please also note there was a maintenance on the game servers not so while ago today around 9 am EDT so it might be that.

• What region? -> Europe
  • What country? -> Germany
  • What specific performance issues are you running into? Lags, freezes, disconnects on ps4 for around 3 weeks now. no specific map or floor
  • What are your download and upload speeds?  Make sure to specify with Mbs (Megabits) or MBs (Megabytes). -> 40Mbs download atm, 15Mbs upload atm (fullspeed 100Mbs/20Mbs)
  • How long are your game sessions? -> over an hour, around one floor every 2 days
  • Are you noticing the lagging/rubberbanding at the beginning of the play session, or after playing for a while (if after a while, how long)? -> laggs / disconnects / gamefreezes starts second map since floor 75 (now i am 83)
  • Are you playing on WIFI or on a LAN (wired) connection? -> Asus High end WIFI router
  • Is there a specific map and mode you're playing on, or is it any map/mode? no specific map, game freezes let me say every second floor at map 2. Today at floor 83, Map 2 of 3 siphonsite, wave 3 of 5 after 40 Minutes of gameplay, but this also happend an map 3 of 3. Sometmes with the possibility to send a ps4 report, but today the game freezes (ps button took me back to ps4 menu)

i only experience 2 problems wich are very annoying to say the least...

problem 1 bluescreen / game crash, this1 does not happen to often anymore but i assume this 1 happens when freeze gives the correct response ...wich would be an error

problem2 game freeze , this 1 really triggers me and really almost always in floor 3/3 onslaught just after upgrading or placing a defence... happend to me 4 times today on the same floor 65

it doesnt always happen on lost temple but from my experience that map is most sensitive to freeze and error

the other map i had this on 1time is siphon site

im using 2nd version of ps4 1TB version

i have 54.9 MByte download and 7.7Mbyte upload

i never use wifi i prefer a stable connection whitout interfearance

my login time was about 40 to 60minutes yup i relogged before because of a freeze

i was playing solo so i did not experience any lag or lag spikes while playing

i also almost never have lagg on multiplay then again i usually play with people from my country or people from other countrys that i know have good internet, trying to avoid bad connections.

my country is "the netherlands" europe

hope i supplyd all you need, if not contact me ! goodluck

Since the last 2 updates on PS4, i have seen much less crashing, but the instances of game freezing has gone up dramatically. It used to be the game crashed on me at least once per a gaming session, but now it freezes on me about once per a gaming session. 

• What region?
  • What country?
    US - East

• What specific performance issues are you running into?
    Game locks up, failure without error code to submit debug feedback. Only option is to Close Application and restart.

• What are your download and upload speeds?  Make sure to specify with Mbs (Megabits) or MBs (Megabytes).
    11.6 Mbps down, 1.2 Mbps up, ping is below 30ms

• How long are your game sessions?
    Hours (onslaught, trials, incursions)

• Are you noticing the lagging/rubberbanding at the beginning of the play session, or after playing for a while (if after a while, how long)?
    Lock up has happened at all times in a match (last lockup was before 1st wave, before that it was during 4th wave)

• Are you playing on WIFI or on a LAN (wired) connection?
    Wired connection

• Is there a specific map and mode you're playing on, or is it any map/mode?
    Many maps, no pattern.

Can play any other game and *rarely* have any error codes, DD2 sessions are plagued. Really enjoy it, but the play time incinerated without rewards has been frustrating.

@Lawlta quote:

We're looking into making our PS4 playerbase experience more enjoyable. We'd like to know what your common performance issues you run into are, and any extra information that you can provide:

• What region?
  • What country?
  • What specific performance issues are you running into?
  • What are your download and upload speeds?  Make sure to specify with Mbs (Megabits) or MBs (Megabytes).
  • How long are your game sessions?
  • Are you noticing the lagging/rubberbanding at the beginning of the play session, or after playing for a while (if after a while, how long)?
  • Are you playing on WIFI or on a LAN (wired) connection?
  • Is there a specific map and mode you're playing on, or is it any map/mode?

Whatever you can provide is feedback we could use!  Feel free to PM your information if you would prefer to not post publicly.

Thanks!

Europe, Germany , 100mbit/20mbit, wifi.

Just poor fps-performance, especially while browsing through characters when switching and in inventory. 

I'm really loving what I have seen of the expansion so far, but I have had a huge spike in crashes and freezes today. I am playing on US East (PS4) with a wired connection. There have been five graphics freezes (graphics freeze, then sound, and I have to manually close app and restart). I just had one blue screen crash which I reported. I have had crashes in Chaos 7 Expeditions and Onslaught.

Really hope things get better soon!

try to play daily in evening

central time (US midwest, Missouri)

on wired ethernet
Internet path is cable provider 100 Mbps

I have all bag and vault spaces

the more my bags are filled, the more the blue screens (BS) seems to happen

I receive BS nightly

it's quite rare that I have a game session 7pm-11pm without 1+ BS

Happens on all game modes, but c-levels 1-7 shard farming or onslaught are quite common, but that may be just because I play those most.

BS happened day of protean launch (took day off) just as much as prior to expansion

Last night, day after protean launch, still received BS just farming shards.

Though it happens a lot on map load in, that is not the only time it happens. It also happens in the middle of a near complete build, or during an active wave, or at end when I click on chest.

When playing onslaught, its always a roll of the dice to see if the second and third maps are going to even load in or if they do, if we can get beyond that initiall 20 second lag / hiccup that happens

Though much rarer,  I have even seen it happen in mastery and incursions after protean drop, but we hardly ever play those modes these days.

bags have been super full due to all the inventory collection the game has. A resources screen and a counter for each needs to be added to free up inventory space.
Dust should just be a single pile and crafting shards should be just a value of dust... that way, you only have to RNG farm all the shards one time, and after if you save enough dust, you can just build what you need... more RNG after dusting so many for a single chance is ludicrous!

Being able to gild shards is awesome, but silly expensive... hypershards on the other hand, lose their appeal to level up because there is no way to gild them... that's a problem. Hypershards need to be preserved from AP resets just like gilded shards are. We pay so much to level them up - why not just make hyper shards not reset on AP?

it would be great if we could go back to the 3/3 map when the game closes automatically. It bothers me so much. have to do the 3 maps all over again.

@ufolouco quote:

it would be great if we could go back to the 3/3 map when the game closes automatically. It bothers me so much. have to do the 3 maps all over again.

TE is looking into this and one map floors is likely coming, so you should not have to deal with that same issue in the future hopefully. Sharkman_insane.png

I am in Ontario, Canada. I have 60 mbs down and 10 mbs up, wired connection

I recently bought a ps4, coming from xbox one.

I definetly have problems with load times, freezing and random disconnects.. I had none of these issues on xbox.

I know I am far from only person with these issues.

Please address a.s.a.p.

Thank You