LAWLTA

PlayStation 4 Performance Feedback

We're looking into making our PS4 playerbase experience more enjoyable. We'd like to know what your common performance issues you run into are, and any extra information that you can provide:

• What region?
  • What country?
  • What specific performance issues are you running into?
  • What are your download and upload speeds?  Make sure to specify with Mbs (Megabits) or MBs (Megabytes).
  • How long are your game sessions?
  • Are you noticing the lagging/rubberbanding at the beginning of the play session, or after playing for a while (if after a while, how long)?
  • Are you playing on WIFI or on a LAN (wired) connection?
  • Is there a specific map and mode you're playing on, or is it any map/mode?

Whatever you can provide is feedback we could use!  Feel free to PM your information if you would prefer to not post publicly.

Thanks!

1. Biggest thing to me ps4 performacewise is frame rate.
Mystic (snake and bubble) and LSA are the biggest offenders from my subjective experience. Any map really.

Also the perspective could be zoomed out a little. The hero occupies too much of the screen real estate, especially with mystic snake and wings... Hard to see what's happening... I end up just watching minimap when there is a lot of enemies around me.

What region? What country?
- US East

What are your download and upload speeds? Make sure to specify with Mbs (Megabits) or MBs (Megabytes).
- Down: 49.4 Mbps
- Up: 7.2 Mbps

How long are your game sessions?
- Hours... not days... sheesh... I'm not some kind of nerd golly.

Are you noticing the lagging/rubberbanding at the beginning of the play session, or after playing for a while (if after a while, how long)?

- Less at the beginning of the map but as soon as Mystic has her snake animation and bubble and you try to run and jump around it's pretty hard to handle

Are you playing on WIFI or on a LAN (wired) connection?

- Wired LAN

Is there a specific map and mode you're playing on, or is it any map/mode?

- Any... I can start to see frame rate drop a little with Mystic in private tavern

2. Another is the inventory. There intermittent brief freezing I'm assuming it is cacheing inventory changes or updating the database or something... Happens everywhere but it's worse in the public tavern.

3. Another is when moving your cursor through inventory items or along a list in the scavenger... it tries to load the item details popup immediately even if you are scrolling through, makes moving the cursor through inventory bag take a long time... I think it should NOT attempt to load the popup for a split second so scrolling could be faster, and only attempt to load the popup if you pause on an item for a second or something.

@Lawlta quote:

We're looking into making our PS4 playerbase experience more enjoyable. We'd like to know what your common performance issues you run into are, and any extra information that you can provide:

• What region?
  • What country?
  • What are your download and upload speeds?  Make sure to specify with Mbs (Megabits) or MBs (Megabytes).
  • Are you noticing the lagging/rubberbanding at the beginning of the play session, or after playing for a while (if after a while, how long)?

Whatever you can provide is feedback we could use!  Feel free to PM your information if you would prefer to not post publicly.

Thanks!

US-east, i am located in the US in the DC area.

long load times with high number of characters (typically my deck is over 50, however, load time difference can be seen around 30 characters), this is directly related to a repeatable bug in game where if other players load in and open their chest prior to loading being finished the player with the long load time cannot ready up on the first round.

download > 400 MB up to 800 MB, upload between 60-100 MB (Gigabit internet, ps4 caps upload speed)

Wired connection

This occurs regardless of mode

@Lawlta quote:

• What region?
  • What country?

Thanks!

US East, VA was what my game defaulted to, it says it's nearest but any region I switch to also says (nearest) but it does appear to run the smoothest of the bunch with not bad latency and I'm located in Newfoundland, Canada.

I agree with what oxbowdvcorlone has stated first off. Generally, frame rate issues are prominent, I personally don't run into rubber banding issues myself most of the time, I think it happens at times in public matches but I haven't had it happen in a while. Mostly it seems to just skip if there are issues along with frame rate.

40 MBs down, 10 MBs up average, game sessions between 0-8 hours but there's usually a disconnect from afk in the mix in between long sessions

The lag issues are certainly later on, would have to be several hours in and pretty much any map.

Sometimes in the later hours of mastery generally there is frustration from skippy/blotchy instances of game play that make it difficult to repair/upgrade near dense mobs. 

If anything else on topic comes to mind I'll be sure to send a PM.

@Blade3291 quote:
The lag issues are certainly later on, would have to be several hours in and pretty much any map. Sometimes in the later hours of mastery generally there is frustration from skippy/blotchy instances of game play that make it difficult to repair/upgrade near dense mobs. If anything else on topic comes to mind I'll be sure to send a PM.

Is this later in your play sessions, or later in the day around what'd be considered primetime for USEast (around 6-9PM)?

@Lawlta quote:

@Blade3291 quote:
The lag issues are certainly later on, would have to be several hours in and pretty much any map. Sometimes in the later hours of mastery generally there is frustration from skippy/blotchy instances of game play that make it difficult to repair/upgrade near dense mobs. If anything else on topic comes to mind I'll be sure to send a PM.

Is this later in your play sessions, or later in the day around what'd be considered primetime for USEast (around 6-9PM)?

I would say that the issues are in prime time for USEast for sure.

Frame rate and load time is the only issues ive ever really had with this game performance wise. 

My download speed is 150 Mbps. 

Upload is 20 Mbps im pretty sure.

Wired connection. 

Ontario, Canada 

A better camera control that allows you to swing the camera around the character like in DD1 would make my game play a lot better, more so then the frame rate to be honest. That is more annoying to me then a low frame rate here n there

my biggest problem is the character is taking to much room on the screen. is there a chance that we ps4 user will be able to zoom out and show more of the map, like the pc version? or is this a permanent fixture? 

My game is currently bugged and unplayable.my big rectangle button is not working it works fine on other game I've tried other controllers and tried uninstalling and reinstalling.im an experienced player asention level 500.i hope this can be fixed soon I was looking forward to the next update.

@GreatlordKamina quote:

i'm not showing up the on the ancient power leader board. PS4 and name is the same. 

Looks like you're there to me:

697f38e7642725812b40d22711f884e2.png

The leaderboards take a little longer to update than Mastery. There have been some minor issues with updating, but those should be cleared up this week :).

I've been playing the game and loving it so far. Only real problem I've had so far is an interface one rather than performance.

Inventory management for your defense upgrades is a tedious nightmare. I absolutely love the one-to-one comparisons, showing what changes, when you hover over any other gear. To compare the totems, medallions, and marks though you have to flip back and forth between the two pages. If there was just some way to select which defense you're trying to equip then do the comparison, that would be great.

Aside from that I've been loving the game. Excellent sequel.

Im playing in ps4 and since the additional content came out i had  to try to make several oustlaght`s floors from floor 55, because my game either freezes or simply the application gives me an error message, also my co-players Have the same issue. I hope u Fix this error because i really love the game a lot, im very active player and this is getting me tired for not being able to move forward and enjoying oustlaght with my friends without these problems.

Cheers guys.

@Lawlta quote:

• What region?
  • What country?

Thanks!

country/region: usa, central

performance issue: game crashes randomly, game has infinite loading screen randomly. 

speed: capped out download/upload for ps4. wired to modem.

session: couple hours. experience about 3-6 crashes every game session. this ONLY happens with this game, not any other ps4 game i play. 

lag: usually not too bad. occasionally lags when many enemies are on screen and lots of animation.

map/mode: been playing onslaught, and trials. random maps. 

please fix, this game has been bugged since alpha, and has always experienced random crashes. 

I've played a ton of onslaught now and can say that the most prominent problem tends to happen during longer sessions. Sometimes I stay in the same game for several hours and am able to be around to avoid the auto disconnect of being afk for too long. 

Typically the blue screen error report page crash is a fairly common issue from my experience. Always on US East here btw. Also infinite loading screens, stuck on the map end after action report screen where hitting continue triggers a "Continuing in XX" down by the timer and results in either a direct crash or just simply being stuck indefinitely on said screen and you're forced to restart manually. 

I'd like to also add a more uncommon issue that leads to a force restart which is at the end of your map after you ready up to end it it wont pop the end screen and it just lets you keep walking around, jumping seems to be blocked in a weird way where when you do it it's a small jump, you can walk around and if you kill yourself you wont respawn and you're forced to manually restart the game.

The most frustrating of all is the combination of a 3 map onslaught floor and a crash on the ending of map 2 as soon as you ready up to finish the map  or when you ready up and hit continue (blue error report screen) This tends to be a big issue cause there is no way to save your floor progress at that point, whereas there is sort of a workaround for having progress saved if a crash were to occur at the end of lost temple, Selling an item, opening a shard pack, and hitting to go to tavern are the 3 things I've been trying to remember and do consistently cause it saves your completed floor if you do end up crashing. (for the most part, I think unluckily it still never a couple times for me)

I think that about sums up the major issue, there are some small things not even worth commenting on currently compared to these big time hindering main problems.

Edit 1: It may sound like I targeted onslaught for these issues solely but trials has the same stuff happen.

Edit 2: From my experience continuing in XX bug at end screen doesn't crash you on onslaught but does in trials when continuing to the next map

the wierd stuck in game with no click the rdy button usually happens to me when someone leaves the game early

I'am on the east coast in the US get repeated disconnects while trying to log in the game ,this was not a issue until last update .My ps4 is hooked to a land line at 6-7 mps.And after i  do log in and play a match the game freezes while trying to go back to town .

I've been playing onslaught since the patch prestiged once and now worked my way back to floor 76.

- The game has been getting stuck in the loading page since the beginning of the ancient power onslaught mode. It's frustrating having to start all over from the first floor. This is the greatest current issue that needs to be fixed. 

-Also the Bastille boss almost always gets stuck in the spawner.

-The dragons closest to the hero spawn on lost Temple always glitch out too. 

-The list of enemies and their mutators are also impossible to see when there's multiple lanes coming out of one gate. The Pop up list gets blocked by the other lists. 

Hi, I used to play DD1 on PC and loved it so I bought Early Access DD2 on both pc and PS4, I only use the console to play though and I never play DD2 bc of performance issues.

My country is Germany, I have 25mb down, 2mb up, I don't know what rubberbanding is but I don't think lags were the issue. In every larger map I experience heavy frame drops also in the town.

I used to play the story, using the motion plus feature of my tv to smooth out the stone-age 30fps standard but even with that I had to stop playing DD2 on the story map which is the dark night map Infront of a tavern or something where u have to defend two entries up and down. 

The fps went down correlating to the increased amount of npc until I just literally get sick of it and since then I have tried several times after several updates but it never got any better. Now you guys have another update the ancients that I'm going to try again but if nothing changed then this post will be the last thing I'll contribute to the whole experiment called DD2.

Good luck u trendy people

@Lawlta quote:

• What region?
  • What country?

Thanks!

1. Georgia, USA

2. Mainly heavy FPS lag. In the tavern/hub and larger maps is where I encounter most issues. At one point in the story the maps get much more complex and become nearly unplayable due to it. Once enemies start moving or there are many gems it gets to maybe 10 FPS and I just have to sit there and let my towers work rather than run around due to making me nearly sick. 

3. Download:  38 Mbps, Upload: 30 Mbps

4. Anywhere between 30 mins- 3 hours. Now that the frame rate is so bad on story maps I can barely play more than 1 map before wanting a break

5. Not any lagging or rubberbanding

6. Wired connection

7. All modes/maps and even the tavern has frame rate drops

Another note: I have the first released iteration of ps4, getting it 2 months after release. While age may be a factor, I can play destiny 2 with no lag so my hunch is the game's optimization. 

Just a quick note - prior to the Barb update, TE addressed crashes on the consoles pretty intensely and the rate of it went way down (so nice!!!!!). Since the last update (after barb, but not today's small patch)  i have had some new crash issues. Now maybe this is just my connection and not an issue in the game, but i wanted to report it just in case. I will follow-up if it happens more often. 

Issue is that 2 times, in only about an hour or two of playing last night, when i beat a stage (was in Onslaught both times i think) and then attempted to go back to the Town, the game kicked me out to the main menu screen and i got a "you have been disconnected from the PlayStation network, check your connection" message. However, no other devices in my house on the same WiFi went down either time as well, and i was able to instantly choose the town option from there and it connected no problem - which should not happen if a network/connection was down. 

I will check in if it happens more. I just wanted to say something in case i am not the only one.