Sign in to follow this  
Plasma

RIP Cannons - All Hail Aura Defenders 2

See here:

Patch 1.2.2

https://dungeondefenders.com/2/topic/148747/see-answer

I donno about anyone else, but this might get me to use stun fire only and now ignore Heave cannonball. I really don’t know what Defese Power will do for me! O.o

@SpiderDanX quote:

See here:

Patch 1.2.2

https://dungeondefenders.com/2/topic/148747/see-answer

I donno about anyone else, but this might get me to use stun fire only and now ignore Heave cannonball. I really don’t know what Defese Power will do for me! O.o

I always use stun fire plus heavy cannonball together before the nerf so I don't think this might affect mesquire_small.png

T

@Plasma quote:

30nBAAr.jpg

Ninja nerfed. No longer stuns, damage reduced from 1,250% Defense Power, and chance reduced from 20%. ALSO, they nerfed the spelling of this shard.

I'm sorry Trendy for enjoying anything other than auras. I'll go back to my flame aura and lightning strike builds.

(For clarity, this is mostly a meme post but also a significantly salty one because cannons are my favorite defense and they got nerfed for no reason.)

This is from peoples feedbacks on forum according to trendy that we want mastery even harder lol

@playertt quote:

T

@Plasma quote:

30nBAAr.jpg

Ninja nerfed. No longer stuns, damage reduced from 1,250% Defense Power, and chance reduced from 20%. ALSO, they nerfed the spelling of this shard.

I'm sorry Trendy for enjoying anything other than auras. I'll go back to my flame aura and lightning strike builds.

(For clarity, this is mostly a meme post but also a significantly salty one because cannons are my favorite defense and they got nerfed for no reason.)

This is from peoples feedbacks on forum according to trendy that we want mastery even harder lol

I thought you said that most players dislike mastery, so why would they want it anymore harder?

@Paloverde zfogshooterz quote:

@playertt quote:

T

@Plasma quote:

30nBAAr.jpg

I thought you said that most players dislike mastery, so why would they want it anymore harder?

i believe you didn't read it right reread because im definitely not a mastery fan

@Plasma quote:

Another completely un-needed kick to the nuts that further cements the meta aura builds.  Projectile towers already have massive issues compared to other defenses.

@playertt quote:

@playertt quote:

T

@Plasma quote:

30nBAAr.jpg

i believe you didn't read it right reread because im definitely not a mastery fan

Or it confirms my second suspicions that you're being sarcastic. Or this is from other forums like reddit, and steam which I'm not sure of 'cause I don't browse those.

According to the notes, it was nerfed because it overshadowed Stun Fire and was a must-pick shard (a problem not exclusive to this, but that is another story). The utility of the CC added by the shard was seen as overpowered or unbalanced. I have 2 real issues with this. The first being that Stun Fire is a very weak shard in need of a buff and that Heavy Cannonball is STILL a must pick despite this nerf. I mean in what world would you ever pick stun fire over Heavy Cannonball? RNG stun v.s. Making a previously single target only tower capable of hitting up to 10 enemies. Easy choice there right?

I am absolutely baffled that they looked at these two shards and decided that Heavy Cannonball needs a nerf and not that Stun Fire needs a buff. Does this mean that Trendy thinks this shard has any type of utility? The only instances where you will be using this shard is breaking into c5 and depravity. I guess you could run it in addition to heavy cannonball to mimic the now gone functionality, but at far less damage and less reliability. Not to mention the kicker --- you’re still using heavy cannonball.

In fact, you are better off picking any damage shard over stun fire and using a different defense that is far superior at providing CC. Better to pump more dps into it and let the better defenses do the CC than to cripple your cannon’s damage for a 20% chance to stun 1 guy.

Overall it’s a huge nerf to cannons. Like it or not, heavy cannonball is what makes cannons good. Take it off and they get outclassed by a lot of things and are countered by mobs in 5 different chaos tiers. This nerf will not accomplish the goal of making Stun Fire more viable. It’s a terrible shard. It also doesn’t make people not want to use heavy cannonball. Whether or not it was a overpowered shard is irrelevant to these goals.

@playertt quote:

@playertt quote:

T

@Plasma quote:

30nBAAr.jpg

Or it confirms my second suspicions that you're being sarcastic. Or this is from other forums like reddit, and steam which I'm not sure of 'cause I don't browse those.

Check out patch notes  TRENDY said they listened to forum feedbacks and this is what they said us Dd2 players wanted ? i didn't see   need for it but i guess some wanted it ?

They should of got rid of the stun shard and just kept this with the stun, so pointless for many shards that no one uses, it was suggested too to combine shards so we do not have so many useless ones.

I legit reinstalled Dungeon Defenders 1, because i'm sick and tired of Aura defenders 2, this was the nail in the coffin, the balancing team has no F***ing clue what they're doing.

@xdeviler quote:

I legit reinstalled Dungeon Defenders 1, because i'm sick and tired of Aura defenders 2, this was the nail in the coffin, the balancing team has no F***ing clue what they're doing.

This might be off-topic, but I don't get it, why would someone want to uninstall, and re-installing games over and over again? 

Unless there's limited memory space, that's acceptable.

@xdeviler quote:

This might be off-topic, but I don't get it, why would someone want to uninstall, and re-installing games over and over again? 

Where do you get the idea that he is doing this? All he said is that he reinstalled DD.

@mayhem_zero quote:

@xdeviler quote:

Where do you get the idea that he is doing this? All he said is that he reinstalled DD.

When one said "re-installed" it does mean that one has installed and uninstall, and re-installed.

EDIT : When I said "over and over again" I didn't really meant him, I meant others, that when wants to take a break from the game, he uninstalls, then, after some hiatus, he re-installs. Which he later finds the content inadequate and decided to take a hiatus resulting in uninstalling the game until the hiatus is over and the cycle goes on.

@mayhem_zero quote:

@xdeviler quote:

When one said "re-installed" it does mean that one has installed and uninstall, and re-installed.

Correct. How does that lead you to conclude he is doing it over and over again?

@mayhem_zero quote:

@mayhem_zero quote:

@xdeviler quote:

Correct. How does that lead you to conclude he is doing it over and over again?

I just edited my post, the new paragraph covers your question.