Sign in to follow this  
rdeal

latest update broke game on X1X

get a black screen after the intro, tried reinstalling and restarting xbox.

The game works fine on the normal xbox one

Hey Rdeal,

We're currently looking into this and apologize for the inconvenience, but in our testing this appears to be an issue unique to the X1X and we have had some difficulty in obtaining the proper hardware for testing, but we are actively working with Microsoft to rectify the situation.  You confirmed that the previous patch worked on your X1X before this morning's update?

-TimmyTrashTier

yes it was working fine on the X1X before latest patch and thanks for replying at least i now know your looking in to it

@TimmyTrashTier quote:

Hey Rdeal,

We're currently looking into this and apologize for the inconvenience, but in our testing this appears to be an issue unique to the X1X and we have had some difficulty in obtaining the proper hardware for testing, but we are actively working with Microsoft to rectify the situation.  You confirmed that the previous patch worked on your X1X before this morning's update?

-TimmyTrashTier

The game works on the day 1 xbox one

The game works on the xbox one S

The game worked on the xbox one X until the 8/11 update.

I have tried the Public & Alpha dashboard build and both suffer from the black screen.

I have tried Internal & Ext game installs.

---

If you do need any more information from the console I did send in 2 reports through the console for the preview program.

https://forums.xbox.com/en-GB/thread/15b6fceb-ed4e-4a00-96ad-4c4fa423591d

---

For anyone having this problem - visit the bug tracker to find more people having the same problem:

https://bugs.dungeondefenders2.com/home/bug/4219/

same here, new xbox one x doesnt work with this patch (worked fine prior to this patch) my old xbox one seems to work fine though

one of the forum staff members from the xbox preview forum has passed information on to the preview team.

https://forums.xbox.com/en-GB/thread/15b6fceb-ed4e-4a00-96ad-4c4fa423591d

PC user found that this happened when post processing was turned on... Not sure if the latest patch turns it on by default. I know as of right now my menus are working but the screen is just not showing up.

i also have this problem. i keep getting a black screen at the main menu. i clicked A a bunch of times and i somehow got to the tutorial. everything was black there too except the HUD.

@PandynatorDD quote:

How is the frame rate on the new xbox?

no one knows at the moment as the game is broken for the xbox one x :( all we get is a black screen when it tries to load up so its 100% unplayable currently

@Zvenn quote:

@PandynatorDD quote:

no one knows at the moment as the game is broken for the xbox one x :( all we get is a black screen when it tries to load up so its 100% unplayable currently

Ah, I thought it was live for a few days :P

Hopefully you guys get the PC experience.

@PandynatorDD quote:

@Zvenn quote:

@PandynatorDD quote:

was live on the tuesday release of the xbox one x (some may have gotten to play) but then immediately broken on that wednesday patch with the cannonball nerf :( i personally tested a few of the games i like to play when i got my new xbox one x (made sure they loaded and my game saves/items were there) but didnt get into playing it much day of release as i was busy setting it all up...hindsight i should have played as much DD2 as i could since it broke the following day lol

@PandynatorDD quote:

@Zvenn quote:

@PandynatorDD quote:

probably not since the game is probably capped at 30 which sucks. and I'm sure the game wont be updated to a higher resolution.

@super_slayan quote:

@PandynatorDD quote:

@Zvenn quote:

@PandynatorDD quote:

probably not since the game is probably capped at 30 which sucks. and I'm sure the game wont be updated to a higher resolution.

Game isn't capped at 30 last time i had the framerate counter on the tavern was running at 60 and the rest of the game was unlocked framerate

Looks like Trendy has forgotten us X1X owners, it mad how bad they are at keeping the community informed. the game is almost dead on PC and one of the reasons is because the community feels forgotten and have  moved on.

you think they would have someone doing the rounds on the forum every day answering questions and stuff

yeah it would be nice to get at least updates on we are looking into it, or fix coming eta, something...as it stands i try playing once a day only to see a black screen and say well guess ill try tomorrow

A quick update, we're working to get out a fix by the end of the week with early next week at the latest. We'll try to get you an ETA as soon as we possibly can. Sorry for any inconvenience this has caused you.

Can You at least promise us xbox one x players a little compensation for the black screen patch, perhaps double exp for a weekend for everyone. we have waited and appreciate that Your working on a fix but some of us are experiencing dd2 withdrawal lol

@rdeal quote:

@super_slayan quote:

@PandynatorDD quote:

@Zvenn quote:

@PandynatorDD quote:

Game isn't capped at 30 last time i had the framerate counter on the tavern was running at 60 and the rest of the game was unlocked framerate

on xbox?

update is fixed/pending patch release on the bug tracker web site.

https://bugs.dungeondefenders2.com/home/bug/4219/black-screen-xbox-one-x

Still annoying, 1 game out of 1000 games has been giving a black screen for nearly 2 weeks.