Sign in to follow this  
mindlessdefender

SimonB should get an item named after him.

Cause he's a legend, first place C4 and C3 mastery SOLO.  That is crazy good!  Ive been playing this game for a long time and I can not even imagine my self winning the leader board solo.  Make too many mistakes and you can kiss first place good bye.

@mindlessdefender quote:

Make too many mistakes and you can kiss first place good bye.

Nah its not like that, I died multiple times on different maps and still was second place for a while before I called it for the night, you do have a chance for the top spot if you rush all maps in one day.

That said, simonb did the same and was ahead like 5 maps in the end before sidewalk and dreamanime finished.

What a beast, and all of that solo.

I wonder what cheese he uses? Can you upload a video SimonB?squire_small.png Oh, and where is Nictus, that dude was killer in leaderboards before masteries....

@MaJean quote:

I wonder what cheese he uses? Can you upload a video SimonB?squire_small.png Oh, and where is Nictus, that dude was killer in leaderboards before masteries....

You can be much faster if you're not upgrading in building time or if you don't use turtle builds even though it's recommended with the mods of the map. If you're not on a think fast map you usually go really slow just due to the fact that you don't wanna fail and have to restart.

Still, 5 maps is an insane advantage but I did die a lot, so if he hasn't failed any maps that's also an explanation.

or he just uses a second/third acct to build other maps while hes running a different one. Boosting through mastery is easy. 

I think those who already got top 10 placements, should let others have a chance. I got 9th last week, so I think I´m done racing. All I wanted was the Grand Master title anyway. 

@MaJean quote:

I think those who already got top 10 placements, should let others have a chance. I got 9th last week, so I think I´m done racing. All I wanted was the Grand Master title anyway. 

yes same, i won last week so I didnt even log in saturday. I may try again for c7 though

@MamaTata quote:

He uploaded his C4 Mastery and posted on DD2 discord.... no tricks except mind tricks upon opponents :D

Ahh it´s the dryad huh.. Too bad I never really took a liking to her.... I guess she´s the fastest. Too bad my fav is Mystic...

I don't mind or care about any of that (crowns or titles) .... personally I like the challenge to be among top 10 bunch. And about your proposal, it would be a lesser achievement if all top 10ers would pull out of the future races.

@MaJean quote:

@MamaTata quote:

I don't mind or care about any of that (crowns or titles) .... personally I like the challenge to be among top 10 bunch. And about your proposal, it would be a lesser achievement if all top 10ers would pull out of the future races.

@MaJean quote:

I know, but it´s not like it´s that big of an achievement anyway, with so few active players. And 90% of them are noobs. Basically it just comes down to who of the top players, can devote 5-6 hours in one sitting. I mean, first time I had time for it, I already get top 10...

I do get what you mean though about being competitive, I can be like that too.

i watched some of that video There's noway i could do that to hectic / he's like a DD2 savant  with that pinpoint control /congratulations to him very highly skilled 

I wish they changed it to # of attempts or something. It's depressing that it's often already finished before I can even start. I managed to finish around ~20-25 every time but there's always a few already finished or most of the way before I can start in earnest. 5-7 hours is also a lot to do in one sitting. With 0 reward for anyone outside of top 10, and with no real reason to continue to hit 10 after they've finished, I can see why there's no real drive for many people to compete.

@playertt quote:

i watched some of that video There's noway i could do that to hectic / he's like a DD2 savant  with that pinpoint control /congratulations to him very highly skilled 

Yeah he´s very dedicated. The first minute of him just refreshing the maps, so he can start the split second it´s unlocked, made me realize, I just don´t want it as bad as him:) I stroll in 10-15 mins after it started. I´m guessing he pees in a bottle under his desk too:)

Am I the only one wondering what happened to Nictus? He dominated the leaderboards before mastery. Well he did untill I -hrm, hrm- took some 1st places away from him. Would be awesome to see him and SimonB duke it out.

@MaJean quote:

Am I the only one wondering what happened to Nictus? He dominated the leaderboards before mastery. Well he did untill I -hrm, hrm- took some 1st places away from him. Would be awesome to see him and SimonB duke it out.

Talked to Nictus a couple days ago.  Like a lot of us he got bored and took a break (there's only so much you can grind before there's just no real motivation to keep going).  Mastery doesn't really hold any interest for him.

@It's An Otter quote:

@MaJean quote:

Talked to Nictus a couple days ago.  Like a lot of us he got bored and took a break (there's only so much you can grind before there's just no real motivation to keep going).  Mastery doesn't really hold any interest for him.

Well Otter, maybe you can step in for him? ;)

You are a solid player 

@PandynatorDD quote:

Well Otter, maybe you can step in for him? ;)

You are a solid player 

Thanks!

I might give it a shot sometime if nothing else is going on but I don't feel much motivation for it.  I utterly hate the mastery system as it stands today.

@It's An Otter quote:

@MaJean quote:

Ah ok. Too bad:)

Good Job on Simon B! The True Grand Master!

What if Trendy made silver crowns for 11-20th place and bronze crowns for 21-30th place [[166314,users]]?