Where are your brains, Trendy?

@MaJean quote:

@Paloverde zfogshooterz quote:

@MaJean quote:

@lekkin007 quote:

@MaJean quote:

It can be soloed. I did, and others too I´m sure.

Good to know!  I do pubs with mastery, so I didn't actually try it solo yet.  Any tips?

One full lane of protons. Remove Frosty protons and go rate+ crit strike(for the extra 15% chance)+ power transfer. Next lane weapon manufacturer with node increase. Last lane LA+LSA+Fissure + Obelisk(I have a totem and use it as a wall). I put a cannonball tower behind the core to take out mobs that survived. One SGT for air. 

Whoa! Awesome! I'm trying that now! Thanks Goodness I bought the EV2 today.

I don´t remember if I had any DU left after that, let me know how it works out:)

Well, I've finally done it! Beaten it solo. But with some changes. Most of your placements were retained. 

The first left lane I placed a 3 nodes of WMs with a volcano as blockade. Next middle lane I placed proton beams with a boost aura (Boosted Grasp, Rippling Explosions & Deadly Strikes) in the middle of it. While the right lane, Fissure - LSA - FA with Obelisk. 

Plus I placed a Flamethrower and a Serpent's coil as back-up in case anyone got through. And a SGT on the innermost lamp post of the middle lane.

Oh yeah! Take that! @baraboolka 

By the way, sorry that I didn't post sooner, It actually took quite a number of attempts to fully learn the strategy, then I have to sleep as it's quite late at where I live. And by the next day (which is today) I've beaten it at my first try of the day.

@MaJean quote:

@MaJean quote:

@lekkin007 quote:

@MaJean quote:

Good to know!  I do pubs with mastery, so I didn't actually try it solo yet.  Any tips?

One full lane of protons. Remove Frosty protons and go rate+ crit strike(for the extra 15% chance)+ power transfer. Next lane weapon manufacturer with node increase. Last lane LA+LSA+Fissure + Obelisk(I have a totem and use it as a wall). I put a cannonball tower behind the core to take out mobs that survived. One SGT for air. 

I don´t remember if I had any DU left after that, let me know how it works out:)

Well, I've finally done it! Beaten it solo. But with some changes. Most of your placements were retained. 

The first left lane I placed a 3 nodes of WMs with a volcano as blockade. Next middle lane I placed proton beams with a boost aura (Boosted Grasp, Rippling Explosions & Deadly Strikes) in the middle of it. While the right lane, Fissure - LSA - FA with Obelisk. 

Plus I placed a Flamethrower and a Serpent's coil as back-up in case anyone got through. And a SGT on the innermost lamp post of the middle lane.

By the way, sorry that I didn't post sooner, It actually took quite a number of attempts to fully learn the strategy, then I have to sleep as it's quite late at where I live. And by the next day (which is today) I've beaten it at my first try of the day.

Congrats and well played! Your brain keeps problemsolving while you sleep, it´s a known psychological phenomenon;) That´s why it only took one try today;)

@MaJean quote:

@MaJean quote:

@MaJean quote:

@lekkin007 quote:

@MaJean quote:

Congrats and well played! Your brain keeps problemsolving while you sleep, it´s a known psychological phenomenon;) That´s why it only took one try today;)

Wow! Didn't know that the brain does that. Sound pretty cool! Thanks for the help! :)

I just can't do the 1st map, tried everything people say on forums and I just can't.

Tried it solo or with 2-3-4 peeps, made all the changes (totem for volcano etc.) and nothing works, those lady orcs always pass everything  no problem.

Must have tried this stupid map over 20 times now.

Trial has been boring AF since months and months ago and mastery is getting to frustrating, no middle fun.

Guess like Fozzie I need to quit or take a long break from this game soon.

The first map was an interesting challenge!

OP, I solo'd it, as did many others.  So don't say it wasn't tested or that it's impossible.

For everyone else, to solo it seems to require a lot of heroes.  I had a volcano and frostbite tower (totem'd) blocking the left lane(near-ish the crystal).  I had an obelisk block the right lane(near-ish the spawn) with weapon man (default 3 nodes).  And I had Proton Beam with frosty, and launching Earthshatter in the middle lane.  I frequently mystic-2'd the intersection of middle and right lane, and occasionally jumped in to help kill off the left lane.

It took some experimentation to fine-tune this build, but once I had, it was pretty easy.

Gotta say, it's WAAAY too difficult to play solo. I have every shard and multiples of most. I think c4 is very difficult. After failing 4 of 5 games, I put it down and played WW2. 

@Hom-Sha-Bom quote:
@baraboolka quote:

Let me repeat that even beginners like you understand what I wanted to say

lol calling MaJean a "beginner"

That's the problem Majean is not a beginner but he thinks because he can solo it everyone can most people have no ideal what to build where to build or what shards to use 

@playertt quote:

@Hom-Sha-Bom quote:
@baraboolka quote:

That's the problem Majean is not a beginner but he thinks because he can solo it everyone can most people have no ideal what to build where to build or what shards to use 

Practise makes perfect. Mastery is supposed to be a challenge, and if people don´t know even the basics of the game, they should play Trials first. By the time they reach C7 they should have a pretty good understanding for the game. 

Some of the maps in M4 were darn challenging to solo, I never even disputed that, but eventually through trial and error, I finally did them all. (Then I saw how SimonB just waltzed through it, with the Dryad, I will definetely try her!)

It will probably take a newer player a long time to do some of the mastery 4 maps solo. You need most heroes  and the right shards with multiple copies. And also learn where and how to place some of the defenses correctly.

@MaJean quote:

@playertt quote:

@Hom-Sha-Bom quote:
@baraboolka quote:

Practise makes perfect. Mastery is supposed to be a challenge, and if people don´t know even the basics of the game, they should play Trials first. By the time they reach C7 they should have a pretty good understanding for the game. 

Some of the maps in M4 were darn challenging to solo, I never even disputed that, but eventually through trial and error, I finally did them all. (Then I saw how SimonB just waltzed through it, with the Dryad, I will definetely try her!)

@Krro quote:

It will probably take a newer player a long time to do some of the mastery 4 maps solo. You need most heroes  and the right shards with multiple copies. And also learn where and how to place some of the defenses correctly.

@MaJean quote:

@playertt quote:

@Hom-Sha-Bom quote:
@baraboolka quote:

You are absolutely right about that. Getting all heroes and shards takes time and effort. It´s all part of the deal with F2P. You gotta walk before you can run, and from a business standpoint it would make little sense, post campaign, to continue adding content which was easily cleared with no time invested in the game.squire_small.png

Yes I just thinking if it is reasonable time you need to invest for Mastery 4? It's kinda strange system with downscaling and "everyone" should be able to play (i think Trendy said hence the downscaling) but a chaos 4 player would have a very very hard time doing Mastery 4. 

@MaJean quote:

@Krro quote:

@MaJean quote:

@playertt quote:

@Hom-Sha-Bom quote:
@baraboolka quote:

You are absolutely right about that. Getting all heroes and shards takes time and effort. It´s all part of the deal with F2P. You gotta walk before you can run, and from a business standpoint it would make little sense, post campaign, to continue adding content which was easily cleared with no time invested in the game.squire_small.png

I solo-ed it first try.  I'm not anywhere near the top.

I used full protons on the left lane.  For the other two lanes, I used a WM with 7 nodes and split them between the two lanes, 4 mid and 3 right.  Three different walls, an AA and a PDT for air defense.  Don't remember if I had any DU left over, but if I did, I would have used some random auras.  My "hulk smash" monk made quick work of the orcs and bosses.

Moral of the story...just because you can't do it, doesn't mean it can't be done.  You just have to learn how to problem solve.

@Rentard quote:

I used full protons on the left lane.  For the other two lanes, I used a WM with 7 nodes and split them between the two lanes, 4 mid and 3 right.  Three different walls, an AA and a PDT for air defense.  Don't remember if I had any DU left over, but if I did, I would have used some random auras.  My "hulk smash" monk made quick work of the orcs and bosses.

Moral of the story...just because you can't do it, doesn't mean it can't be done.  You just have to learn how to problem solve.

Or you can just do this:) Protons baby!

@Krro quote:

Yes I just thinking if it is reasonable time you need to invest for Mastery 4? It's kinda strange system with downscaling and "everyone" should be able to play (i think Trendy said hence the downscaling) but a chaos 4 player would have a very very hard time doing Mastery 4.

I don´t know... bringing in just one extra player makes it infinitely easier. I think the difficulty level is pretty good. If you want a challenge= solo. If you want it to be a breeze= bring friends.

@Krro quote:

They said everyone can play the new mastery mode, they didn't say that everyone can solo every difficulty level of mastery mode. Also when they said everyone could play it, that was specifically in reference to the scaling down gear mechanic so that it would still be a challenge for end game players on mastery 1 and they couldn't just steam roll it AFK.

@Krro quote:

It's a challenge for top end and further progressed players via the downscaling. Players that are progressing may be able to step into a Mastery tier that is below them, or one they are progressing through, and be able to progress through some of it (or maybe in some edge cases, complete all of that tier).

That's the message that we've been trying to send since we announced it. If at some point we said something different, or it wasn't communicated clearly, that's our bad, and I apologize on behalf of myself and the goofballs I work with.

tenor.gif

@Lawlta quote:

@Krro quote:

It's a challenge for top end and further progressed players via the downscaling. Players that are progressing may be able to step into a Mastery tier that is below them, or one they are progressing through, and be able to progress through some of it (or maybe in some edge cases, complete all of that tier).

That's the message that we've been trying to send since we announced it. If at some point we said something different, or it wasn't communicated clearly, that's our bad, and I apologize on behalf of myself and the goofballs I work with.

tenor.gif

The legion does approve the downscaling of defenders, for once they are nerfed, not us!

Emoji_Goblin.pngEmoji_Kobalt.pngEmoji_GobHuntress.png~(gobu)

@MaJean quote:

@Rentard quote:

Or you can just do this:) Protons baby!

EV for president 2020