Sign in to follow this  
LineDrill

Ideas for Enjoyable Incursion

Currently incursion is not in very good state.I think the reason for that is new end game mode is too much time consuming , so Trendy can't have enough time for incursion.Once new game mode is out and inventory update finished they can work on incursions.

Each incursion could be like this.

• Each incursion can be played on all choas difficulties.
  • Enemy have minimum %10 higher level than normal chaos trials.
  • Incursions have same drop rate with normal chaos trials.
  • Each incursion have drop guaranteed legendary chest and unique weapon or different weapon skin (like divinity in yeti's revenge.)
  • Each Incursion could have ultra rare drop and drop chance increase per chaos level.(for example %1 for chaos 1 , %3.5 for chaos 7)

Normal chaos enemies and incursions not always work together well.So if an incursion have unique enemies , that enemies should be major thread your core.If an incursion have no unique enemies.(chrome enemies) It can work with normal chaos enemies.Down below i share my idea for 2 random incursions.

Chrome Enemies

Only difference this incursion with normal trials is enemies can't be stunned , knockback etc. So Normal trials enemies don't cause any problem and playeble for all chaos difficulties.

640?cb=20161024151148

Remember this bow. Once upon a time this bow is the most op weapon. We can't have builder weapons anymore so unique passive should be change. for example;

Viper's bite; Your primary attacks poison enemies for X seconds. Deal %Y ability power/hero damage as damage. Poisoned enemies detonate and deals %Z ability power/hero damage as damage in small radius.

Ultra Rare Drop: Chrome tower skin for X hero.(Only one defence per drop.)When you got all ultra rare drop you can gain 300.000+ 200.000*Chaos level gold. (for chaos 3 900.000 gold.)

Dawn of the Blood Moon

This incurison has tons of different enemies so normal chaos enemies don' t work well with this incursion so buff other enemies.

*Increase Servant of Cthulhu's spawn count.
*Servant of Cthulhu spawns after wave 2 and they directly target players.
*Increase Spooky event minibosses spawn count.
*Each time Eye of Cthulhu kills an enemy it attack core and deals %x of core max hp.(Not that high but punish players for dying too much.)

maxresdefault.jpg

In terraria Eye of the Cthulhu drops shield of Cthulhu in expert mode.This is have shield charge/bash ability and this could work DD2 too.

Shield Bash;  While blocking using primary attack makes the hero dash in small range deal %X hero health as damage and knockback enemies.While dashing you are immune to damage.Has Y second cooldown.

Ultra Rare Drop: Eye of Cthulhu mask flair. When you got all ultra rare drop you can gain 300.000+ 200.000*Chaos level gold. (for chaos 3 900.000 gold.)

I also think each week (or any time period.)Players who beat 1. place in leaderboard in  X incursion will earn golden version of  X incursion weapon.(If you got 1. place second time in same incurion 2. player will get golden reward.) (This will reskin your incursion weapon not give you new weapon , you can reskin same weapon type infinitely.)But this will require fully functional leaderboard system.

Those are actually pretty cool ideas! I actually like the shield! And the mask Flair! :D

But some does feel weird. The Chrome tower skin and Golden versions of incursion weapons just doesn't seem right.......

But, hey, that's just my thoughts.

@LineDrill quote:
  • Each Incursion could have ultra rare drop and drop chance increase per chaos level.(for example %1 for chaos 1 , %3.5 for chaos 7)

So the major problem with this suggestion is that you now make incursions mandatory end game grind. Assuming you could play any map in the game it would not be to bad, but now trials and every other mode is irrelevant as they simply don't offer these ultra rare drops. So Trials would be gone straight away.

For the min-max'ers it would be worse, as some maps are easier then others, some faster to build then others and some with more monsters per wave (better build time to monster quantity per map ratio), assuming of course that all monsters had a chance to drop these ultra rare items. 

This however would become a problem in almost every case where you are not forced to play a set map, which is why i think they should have some weekly map buffs a bit like the daily quests, where some maps each week are highlighted and give slightly better rewards. Maybe more gold/medals or a chance to spawn rare bosses that give better loot (always drop 2-3 legendaries for example).

I think they need to make just 1 game mode for end game, call it incursions, onslaught whatever.. but it should reward end game type items/xp/shards etc, it should trump all other modes but only obtainable after completing everything else. I just cant see how you could balance this mode with trials, one has to always be better then the other. 

@Zimmermann quote:

@LineDrill quote:

So the major problem with this suggestion is that you now make incursions mandatory end game grind. Assuming you could play any map in the game it would not be to bad, but now trials and every other mode is irrelevant as they simply don't offer these ultra rare drops. So Trials would be gone straight away.

For the min-max'ers it would be worse, as some maps are easier then others, some faster to build then others and some with more monsters per wave, better build to monster quantity ration, assuming of course that all monsters had a chance to drop these ultra rare items.

I think they need to make just 1 game mode for end game, call it incursions, onslaught whatever.. but it should reward end game type items/xp/shards etc, it should trump all other modes but only obtainable after completing everything else. I just cant see how you could balance this mode with trials, one has to always be better then the other.

Ultra rare drops from chests.   

I put increased number chance so players doesn't have to fast grind low tier incursion.Also ultra rare drops are just cosmetic they don't effect you gear.(numbers can change)

Yeti's Revenge Incursion is best interaction with trials now.They have use different version of trials enemies like frost orcs.They are reskinned version of emp orcs but they slow towers not silence traps.This could work other incursionn too.Lava goblins for the demon's lair or bone throwers (different version of hex throwers)  malhious or maldonis.

Also i agree there should one end game mode to rule them all.You don't need to much complex thing to game work.There are many games very successful with one map or one game mode. 

I very much like the spirit of most of these ideas.  I do kind of doubt Trendy will do it exactly like this, but I hope they do implement something similar to this!  We'll have to see what Trendy says after their new mode is released.