Sign in to follow this  
Demarki

Can you solo all content in NMHC without OP event items?

My ultimate goal is to solo all content including Embermount NMHC, is it practically doable without the use of OP event gear like the Rainmaker etc? 

You can beat all of the game with only myth gear builders if you're willing to. There are even some guides on it. 

Just to give you an idea, my myth builder with level 74 and only using pets that go up to 400 in stats all have around 2.5-3k in their stats, so you can definitely get better stats with ease if you're willing to put the effort into farming them

Event items just make you skip some parts of equipment progression, so it takes less time to get to end game with events.

@Demarki quote:

My ultimate goal is to solo all content including Embermount NMHC, is it practically doable without the use of OP event gear like the Rainmaker etc? 

I can complete maps like ember and akaititi without events very well, they are not needed at all. Although im not sure if you can do ember with myth gear thats a bit extreme lol

@football2001 quote:

@Demarki quote:

I can complete maps like ember and akaititi without events very well, they are not needed at all. Although im not sure if you can do ember with myth gear thats a bit extreme lol

It can be done with myth builder gear.  However you probably want better DPS gear than myth, at least the weapon, so that the phoenix doesnt take so long to kill.

@Demarki quote:

@ddace quote:

@football2001 quote:

@Demarki quote:

It can be done with myth builder gear.  However you probably want better DPS gear than myth, at least the weapon, so that the phoenix doesnt take so long to kill.

wow that suprises me

It shouldn't, PewPewPew has a guide titled "Clear The Game on Nightmare" on Steam where he clears almost all the end-game map with 2K stats on tower and not sure how much stats on DPS, but its doable without Events etc.

@Black Mamba quote:

It shouldn't, PewPewPew has a guide titled "Clear The Game on Nightmare" on Steam where he clears almost all the end-game map with 2K stats on tower and not sure how much stats on DPS, but its doable without Events etc.

Thanks, I will check it out! I got decent Myth gear across characters but I struggle on easier NMHC maps like Mystimire Forest, that Spider has way too much HP and she keeps my Monk webbed all the time. :(

@Demarki quote:

@Black Mamba quote:

Thanks, I will check it out! I got decent Myth gear across characters but I struggle on easier NMHC maps like Mystimire Forest, that Spider has way too much HP and she keeps my Monk webbed all the time. :(

I struggled with the boss gauntlet on CD for a long time until EC-10 showed me how he did it with a boost monk.  If you have a boost monk with a half decent melee weapon and a chicken, then you should be able to take care of most bosses.  However on spider queen a barb in turtle stance may work best to avoid webbing

EDIT:  I also like to put traps underneath her spawn area to kill the little spiders and 1 or 2 ogre minions there to help beat her for when I get webbed as a monk.

I did it all without event items and without trading for items.  Some maps are quite challenging without good tower or DPS gear (like Temple of Love or Embermount), but DD lets you get way more in stats than you need to clear anything without event items.

Spider queen strat = genie barb with two fast weapons to keep turtle stance going, while traps and auras (with healing aura) kill the babies to make her vulnerable. The Spider Queen takes very little damage normally, and only becomes vulnerable after you kill her baby spiders.  That's why it seems like she has so much HP.  If you're using another hero like Monk, you can try to circle around them at a distance and kill the babies, then move in close to the Queen while she's vulnerable.  Fall back when her vulnerability ends and repeat, but keep circling to avoid webs.

I think many players simply power through the spider queen with high stats and DPS gear so they don't know about the babies, but you can clear Misty after Glitter.  It's a bit of a step up, but next patch will have another map in between (Dread Dungeon) to bridge the gap a little.

@Plane quote:

I did it all without event items and without trading for items.  Some maps are quite challenging without good tower or DPS gear (like Temple of Love or Embermount), but DD lets you get way more in stats than you need to clear anything without event items.

Spider queen strat = genie barb with two fast weapons to keep turtle stance going, while traps and auras (with healing aura) kill the babies to make her vulnerable. The Spider Queen takes very little damage normally, and only becomes vulnerable after you kill her baby spiders.  That's why it seems like she has so much HP.  If you're using another hero like Monk, you can try to circle around them at a distance and kill the babies, then move in close to the Queen while she's vulnerable.  Fall back when her vulnerability ends and repeat, but keep circling to avoid webs.

I think many players simply power through the spider queen with high stats and DPS gear so they don't know about the babies, but you can clear Misty after Glitter.  It's a bit of a step up, but next patch will have another map in between (Dread Dungeon) to bridge the gap a little.

Thanks for the tip, the spider queen was one example another good example is Taley Mining Complex and Tinkerer's Leboratory on Insane... I can't manage to solo them and I cant imagine how hard ot will be on NMHC... 

In general you can clear maps with low stats using a good build/strategy. Having superior stats and a bad build may be enough on some maps as well. Learning those better builds and strategies may require some effort, either by trial and error, looking up some builds on the ddplanner or playing with other ppl. It also helps knowing what maps are best to play as 'natural' progression at what stat range, there's some threads on the forums here or you can just make a new one.

Most maps can be done solo, but there's a few I wouldn't recommend. The early challenges 'no towers allowed' and 'zippy terror' for instance. And I also wonder how many pro's completed 'etherian holiday extravaganza' on nmhc. Never pulled that one off solo even with my current stats :)  

@XGrimorgX quote:

In general you can clear maps with low stats using a good build/strategy. Having superior stats and a bad build may be enough on some maps as well. Learning those better builds and strategies may require some effort, either by trial and error, looking up some builds on the ddplanner or playing with other ppl. It also helps knowing what maps are best to play as 'natural' progression at what stat range, there's some threads on the forums here or you can just make a new one.

Most maps can be done solo, but there's a few I wouldn't recommend. The early challenges 'no towers allowed' and 'zippy terror' for instance. And I also wonder how many pro's completed 'etherian holiday extravaganza' on nmhc. Never pulled that one off solo even with my current stats :)  

Don't remind me of that map..... please.

And I also wonder how many pro's completed 'etherian holiday extravaganza' on nmhc. 

I don't call myself a pro, but have done that map plenty of times solo! Its fun in its own unique way! :-)
Interestingly I find Zippy Terror Solo much more harder than EHE NMHC solo! :-D