Sign in to follow this  
phukyou2014

Would you recommend this game to others?

I would recommend this game to many who are just wanting to kill time and have fun. Not only this this game is really fun but it also has a great community who are willing to help new players.

I have 500 hours on this game and because of the great community, within 100 hours into the game I was able to farm Kings game on survival NMHC, around 200 hours into the game I was able to farm Moonbase on survival NMHC. But as I started to drop countless of sups, Ults, Ults +, and 3 Ults++ armors because I was farming Moonbase around 10 times a week for about 2 months, I felt something was strange.

From the friends I made on here to people I know in real life, I kept hearing how mods would give them special items or do something "extra" (whatever that maybe) but emphasizing that they aren't suppose to tell others since its a secret. (Obviously this is hearsay)

But the same exact story came from several people so it seems at least plausible. Learning this, I felt that I was at a severe disadvantage. It killed all my motivation in "progressing" through this game because it wasnt really about grinding at the end game. It seemed that its better to kiss up to certain people.

Because I grind so much, week in and week out on Moonbase, I was able to give Ult, Ult+, and Ult++ armor to friends who really wanted it and helped me previously. Ironically they had all the events I wanted but I had 0 until this event which I was only able to get 2/3 events because the Event host was lagging severely.   Out of the 5 members, none of us was able to use our summoners to summon mages and when we tried, we all died when changing heroes. It also took about 2 minutes to respawn.....  To put it in perspective, the people I ran it with already completed it and beat the event meaning that they completed all 18 waves. When my friends was helping me this time to beat the event the host was different. Due to the Event host's  lag we lost at wave 16. Therefore I got 2/3 events.  I cant farm for the Event item "Pumpkin mask" and if I ever wanted it, I would have to pay at least 10+ CVs and that's being modest.  I wonder if the results would been different if I had known this mod before.

My thing is farming is cool and I love it, heck  I farmed the same map for 2 months,  but how, some players will have an advantage over others because of their relationships to mods, leaves a really bad taste.

So for me, I recommend this game to the casual players but for others who wants to do more than just beat the game a.k.a get all the achievements and collect events (which cant be farmed).  I cant recommend it.

Absolutely I would recommend it. What other people do, or how they play their game has exactly zero affect on me, or how I play my game =)  I don't need to collect all the event items, but I had the same chance to that everyone else did - and I can work on nearly all the achievements myself.  I'm just back to the game after a 3 or 4 year gap - I mostly play in trans gear at the moment, just starting to farm Moonbase now, I don't have all my characters up to level 100 yet.  Play your game your way - how other people play their game is irrelevant =)

@Shindria quote:

Play your game your way - how other people play their game is irrelevant =)

I agree it's a fun game to the casual player not planning on collecting Ult++ & Ult+ armor/events. There not really needed to do anything on the game in fact, reading back through reviews (2012-2015) of this game, one of the reasons why some hardcore players who put in 2000+ hours quit this game is because of the introduction of OP items, which watered down the difficulty of this game coupled with their claims of developers being greedy and releasing many DLCs to get as much money as possible.

All that is personally irrelevant to me. However, why is there a "Trading" thread that people gather to constantly bid on Ult++ / events? When they are unnecessary to complete the game. My opinion and personal reason is because you can boost / increases reputation / show your hard work/ or however others may put it. It's much the same for any MMORPG type style at the end game. Playing online games, you may deny it's irrelevant but at least subconsciously, it does affect people at the end game just like any other online RPG type game.

This is of course anecdotal but I encountered many who wants to show what they earned on this game. Its great that they are proud of it but, at the same time I think most may compare themselves to what they see once again at least (subconsciously). Knowing that its not cut and dry, meaning that others can get "special services" where I would have to spend CVs for it, is like a legalize hacking.  By the way hacking is another reasons others have quit this game according to some reviews on steam, even though it doesnt have to personally affect you or me.  To keep it fair hackers are banned.

My understanding is that the Ranked sever means it should be equal to all online players whereas on an open sever you can do whatever. Certain things goes against that basic principle. 

Aside from that, the Event host's lag did affect my gaming experience as mentioned in my first post above. I practiced this map for 2 days with a friend. During our practice run we (just the 2 of us) was able to get to wave 18. I know the Event host didnt intentionally lagged or what not, but I feel my effort was wasted because of it, just like farming on Moonbase for about 20-30 hours a week on a ranked sever.

Thus I cant recommend this game to those who are planning to try to max their heroes out on the ranked sever. 

@phukyou2014 quote:

within 100 hours into the game I was able to farm Kings game on survival NMHC, around 200 hours into the game I was able to farm Moonbase on survival NMHC. 

I understand people in the game wanting to give a helping hand to newer players.  But unfortunately, in this game, I feel it really ends up just cheating you out one of the best parts of the game.  Don't get me wrong, I enjoy where I'm at in the game now and what I can do.  But those first few months of playing through the campaign on Easy-Med-Hard and then trying to conquer it on Insane were some of my most enjoyable.  I remember really loving it and didn't really hit any frustration (it was hard but not frustrating) until I tried to break into Nightmare.  So in my opinion, more experienced players aren't really doing newer players a favor by boosting them to Nightmare super fast.

From the friends I made on here to people I know in real life, I kept hearing how mods would give them special items or do something "extra" (whatever that maybe) but emphasizing that they aren't suppose to tell others since its a secret. (Obviously this is hearsay)

But the same exact story came from several people so it seems at least plausible. Learning this, I felt that I was at a severe disadvantage. It killed all my motivation in "progressing" through this game because it wasnt really about grinding at the end game. It seemed that its better to kiss up to certain people. 

I know many will disagree with this but I don't have a problem with the team that creates the events and even event hosts getting some extra bonus items.  They deserve something for all their time and effort to keep the game fun and alive.  I wouldn't want to see them using this benefit to flood the market but giving them away to their good friends or selling one from time to time or using them for giveaways, I don't have a problem with.  NOTE: I'm not an event creator or host and most likely never will be.

Just to be clear, as was covered in a previous thread a few months ago I think, event hosts arent allowed to be giving extra items to friends.  We do use extra items for giveaways that anyone can enter or perhaps even give randoms in pubs an item who didnt know about events yet.  We try to keep it fair for all. 

Also, there are some players who like to claim they are hosts and mods and hand out hacked items.  However if you know of an actual host who is giving a bunch of extra items to their friends, then please send me a private message and we can see if we have an issue.

@russman quote:
I understand people in the game wanting to give a helping hand to newer players.  But unfortunately, in this game, I feel it really ends up just cheating you out one of the best parts of the game.  Don't get me wrong, I enjoy where I'm at in the game now and what I can do.  But those first few months of playing through the campaign on Easy-Med-Hard and then trying to conquer it on Insane were some of my most enjoyable.  I remember really loving it and didn't really hit any frustration (it was hard but not frustrating) until I tried to break into Nightmare.  So in my opinion, more experienced players aren't really doing newer players a favor by boosting them to Nightmare super fast.

To this point, to each his own. 

The reasons why I read game guides is I can get knowledge a lot faster. Some may prefer to get knowledge by experiences, reading guides, or watching videos, I personally prefer videos and game guides because they are a lot faster form of learning for me.  I will also argue that you can learn and know more about the game and its mechanics through guides. For example, doing the campaign doesnt teach you that ogres will completely ignore other defenses because they target LTs. Another would be how to build your characters or even more seriously what are hacked items and how you can tell since this is an offense that can get you banned. I'm sure many have been shown certain builds for maps, if you do the campaign with your own build its more about trial and error. If you can negate this, you save a lot of time getting to the end game.  In conclusion, how you get your knowledge (experience) that helps is debatable in itself, for me I prefer digesting information through guides and learning from others. I understand you differ on this point so there for we agree to disagree.

What's enjoyable to a person is subjective so I didnt address this point. The way, I read experienced players boosting newer players isnt doing them a favor is because maybe you want to say that they dont gain the experience. So I wrote it in the way.

@russman quote:
I know many will disagree with this but I don't have a problem with the team that creates the events and even event hosts getting some extra bonus items.  They deserve something for all their time and effort to keep the game fun and alive.  I wouldn't want to see them using this benefit to flood the market but giving them away to their good friends or selling one from time to time or using them for giveaways, I don't have a problem with.  NOTE: I'm not an event creator or host and most likely never will be.

Firstly, Thank you for addressing my main issue in the post and why I can't recommend this game. 

I agree hard work should be rewarded. People who directly improves the game play for other should always be rewarded. My understanding is that this is done through official means for example, Beta testing for the new Water temple map. I think many who participated in this weren't mods and they were rewarded with Events. I am all for that.  In as you said it's a giveaway for something in return.  

However, equating this to beneficial relationships are two completely different things. In my opinion this creates an environment where undoubtedly its unfair to others and will create grievances. In a way it's an abuse of the authority of being a mod when you can enrich a group of friends for not hard work but because of favoritism. In other words, the average players does not get the same chances to be given those events unlike a giveaway. On a rank sever, I just wanted to see some fairness for all who are putting in the effort. 

@ddace quote:

Just to be clear, as was covered in a previous thread a few months ago I think, event hosts arent allowed to be giving extra items to friends.  We do use extra items for giveaways that anyone can enter or perhaps even give randoms in pubs an item who didnt know about events yet.  We try to keep it fair for all. 

I appreciate that you point out mods are not allowed to give extra items unless it's an giveaway but, hearing from multiple accounts. It still happens. And I think people who receive these extras are told to keep it a secret because as you said mods are not allowed to.  And it also seems pretty frequent. 

@phukyou2014 quote:

@ddace quote:

I appreciate that you point out mods are not allowed to give extra items unless it's an giveaway but, hearing from multiple accounts. It still happens. And I think people who receive these extras are told to keep it a secret because as you said mods are not allowed to.  And it also seems pretty frequent. 

Even if it is happening, how does that affect you and your enjoyment of the game?  I understand that you only got 2/3 event items because of lag issues.  That is unfortunate to be sure but event items are not needed to beat anything in the game.  They are just fun items, very few of which are even considered OP (actually, just the Rainmaker from what I hear, I don't have one myself).  If the event hosts were secretly handing out keys to secret top farming levels that no one else had access to, then I would understand some anger.  But you've already been farming the top maps for a few months so you must have good stats already.  In which case, you don't need events at all.  They are just fun, nice to have items not must haves.

@russman quote:
Even if it is happening, how does that affect you and your enjoyment of the game?  I understand that you only got 2/3 event items because of lag issues.  That is unfortunate to be sure but event items are not needed to beat anything in the game.  They are just fun items, very few of which are even considered OP (actually, just the Rainmaker from what I hear, I don't have one myself).  If the event hosts were secretly handing out keys to secret top farming levels that no one else had access to, then I would understand some anger.  But you've already been farming the top maps for a few months so you must have good stats already.  In which case, you don't need events at all.  They are just fun, nice to have items not must haves.

Please read above since I already covered how it affects me. 

@phukyou2014 quote:

@russman quote:

Please read above since I already covered how it affects me. 

Still not clear.  How do you feel about all the events that happened before you started playing this game?  Many of them cost hundreds of cubes but have terrible stats.  Do you want those as well?

As for showing off items, I'm much more impressed with someone showing off some Ult++ armor they farmed then some event item they got.  

This is why I have always maintained my position that -- Event Item Rewards SHOULD NEVER EVER BE LOCKED BEHIND ANY SORT OF WIN OR OTHER SUCH RESTRICTION.

A lot of factors come into play when you are concerned about winning events. Such as -- who is the host, how is your connection to their lobby, are other players facing similar issues as you, have some players in your run crashed, are some of them AFK? And similar such crap ton of variables can adversely affect your chances to win an event.

Lag alone pretty much just kills your chances even if you had done well in your practice runs. I've faced failures in Events due to laggy Hosts(not their fault). It just sucks when you have done 10/10 practice run and see it crumble on the actual event run itself becasue someone was laggy, or crashed, or just becasue a few players were inexperienced and you couldn't carry them successfully. IT SUCKS having to reject players whom I don't know in our groups when these sorts of win/wave-restrictions are in place becasue now we are more focused on winning the damn event rather than "having fun".

In one of the previous events the Talay Randomizer I had did a bit of practice runs with teammates it was all fine and we were getting till wave 3-4, I think. Then we were hosted by Plane and it was very laggy(NOT HER FAULT) and we got rekt in the 1st wave itself because couple of us were teleporting all over the map and couldn't do crap. Thankfully there were no win or wave restriction on that event, otherwise me and my team were shafted out of items for absolutely no reason. And one of items in that event was actually quite OP or significantly better than what you'd normally find through grinding this game.

Its almost as if Event Team thinks these problems doesn't exist and everyone lives a less than mile apart from one another so its okay to lock items behind win restrictions becasue there won't be any issues like lag, crash, etc. 

The whole damn reason Events were created was to bring the community together and have people play with randoms and have some genuine fun. By keeping win-based rewards you are only segregating the community even further as its natural people would want to match up and form groups with those who are good at the game. While new players get SHAFTED.
Seriously need stop adding Event Item rewards to win-restrictions. ITS NOT FUN. >_<

I've heard this argument in Event Group Chat that skill needs to be rewarded, therefore its fine to keep win-restrictions, if so, then let me please remind you AGAIN, that showcasing player skill IS NOT THE REASON WHY EVENTS WERE STARTED. If people need to flaunt their skill, they can do so on Ranked mode. Events aren't for your to flaunt your skill but to have a good time with others. Stop giving lame excuses, Events are not a d!ck-measuring contest FFS.

Stop restricting event items to wins and such, please. Damn.

@russman quote:
Still not clear.  How do you feel about all the events that happened before you started playing this game?  Many of them cost hundreds of cubes but have terrible stats.  Do you want those as well?

As for showing off items, I'm much more impressed with someone showing off some Ult++ armor they farmed then some event item they got.  

Once again I dont care for your personal opinions they are subjective. Those questions you asked are not the concerns Im discussing here so please make another thread if you wish to discuss them. 

I want to make sure my issues about this game are not sidetracked. 

Furthermore, as DDace has mentioned above this should not be happening in first place, as he stated because Ranked sever should be fair for all.  

@Black Mamba quote:

This is why I have always maintained my position that -- Event Item Rewards SHOULD NEVER EVER BE LOCKED BEHIND ANY SORT OF WIN OR OTHER SUCH RESTRICTION.

A lot of factors come into play when you are concerned about winning events. Such as -- who is the host, how is your connection to their lobby, are other players facing similar issues as you, have some players in your run crashed, are some of them AFK? And similar such crap ton of variables can adversely affect your chances to win an event.

Lag alone pretty much just kills your chances even if you had done well in your practice runs. I've faced failures in Events due to laggy Hosts(not their fault). It just sucks when you have done 10/10 practice run and see it crumble on the actual event run itself becasue someone was laggy, or crashed, or just becasue a few players were inexperienced and you couldn't carry them successfully. IT SUCKS having to reject players whom I don't know in our groups when these sorts of win/wave-restrictions are in place becasue now we are more focused on winning the damn event rather than "having fun".

In one of the previous events the Talay Randomizer I had did a bit of practice runs with teammates it was all fine and we were getting till wave 3-4, I think. Then we were hosted by Plane and it was very laggy(NOT HER FAULT) and we got rekt in the 1st wave itself because couple of us were teleporting all over the map and couldn't do crap. Thankfully there were no win or wave restriction on that event, otherwise me and my team were shafted out of items for absolutely no reason. And one of items in that event was actually quite OP or significantly better than what you'd normally find through grinding this game.

Its almost as if Event Team thinks these problems doesn't exist and everyone lives a less than mile apart from one another so its okay to lock items behind win restrictions becasue there won't be any issues like lag, crash, etc. 

The whole damn reason Events were created was to bring the community together and have people play with randoms and have some genuine fun. By keeping win-based rewards you are only segregating the community even further as its natural people would want to match up and form groups with those who are good at the game. While new players get SHAFTED.
Seriously need stop adding Event Item rewards to win-restrictions. ITS NOT FUN. >_<

I've heard this argument in Event Group Chat that skill needs to be rewarded, therefore its fine to keep win-restrictions, if so, then let me please remind you AGAIN, that showcasing player skill IS NOT THE REASON WHY EVENTS WERE STARTED. If people need to flaunt their skill, they can do so on Ranked mode. Events aren't for your to flaunt your skill but to have a good time with others. Stop giving lame excuses, Events are not a d!ck-measuring contest FFS.

Stop restricting event items to wins and such, please. Damn.

I agree with that. I think the reason you stated why Events were introduced is also great. 

Just hope its fair for all and there's no shady business in the community when it suppose to bring the community together. 

As long as theres any items that's legitimately in the game, it will always create a demand for it. It doesnt matter if its Ults or events, its basic supply and demand economics, wanting it is only a natural outcome.

just need to stop the favoritism type behaviors on here.   

I've heard things from people who have over 3000-4000 hours in this game about favoritism etc. its there, and I won't take names nor do I want to get into it about favoritism in general but it exists, deeply.

But coming on to the specific issue you have raised about event items being handed over for free by event hosts(mods) to their friends etc. -- I've personally not heard anyone talking about this nor have I know anyone doing this. I have known plenty of ex / inactive Event Hosts who are friends with me. Never seen them hand out free items to me, or anyone else.
People do always ask around for getting free items just coz, but I can assure you I've no knowledge of this being done. If you have any significant proof of this, then feel free to share it.

With that said, free items which get handed out are usually via giveaways, which themselves usually require doing a map or are chosen on random. Every Event has an access of Event Items to ensure in case of influx of player participation there isn't a shortage of items. So usually there are some left-over items which are distributed later on via [public] random giveaways, specific contests, etc.

@Black Mamba quote:

But coming on to the specific issue you have raised about event items being handed over for free by event hosts(mods) to their friends etc. -- I've personally not heard anyone talking about this nor have I know anyone doing this. I have known plenty of ex / inactive Event Hosts who are friends with me. Never seen them hand out free items to me, or anyone else.
People do always ask around for getting free items just coz, but I can assure you I've no knowledge of this being done.

To the first point of not personally hearing about it, it maybe because it supposed to be a "secret". My friends may have a bigger mouth than the group of people you know, or I maybe more trusted with being told this, it can be a number of factors. I dont know why you never heard it before (not saying you should of to begin with) and I dont why I heard from others resembling the same story. In all cases, when I heard somethings were going on, the people who told me would emphasizing  how it's a secret. This I assume because it's not suppose to be allowed. Which I didnt know till DDace pointed that out but it make sense why it's suppose to be secret now.

As said above in one of my post, it seems too much to brush it off as a mere coincidence as if these people were lying and just talking out their butts.  

@Black Mamba quote:

If you have any significant proof of this, then feel free to share it.

Asking for "significant" proof is ridiculous. As you may know it would require me to be in a private game while it's happening and if its suppose to be a secret, do you think I will be in that sever?(Based on the assumption that it will not be done in a public game)

All I have is a several text messages and a phone call since one of them I know in real life. It doesnt amount to significant proof.

If you are looking for the specific events, it will also not be a significant proof for it too can be said it was bought / traded / or whatever from a different player. So the only way to get hard evidence to expose it logically, will be a picture of there PMs or being in their private game as it happens. 

@Black Mamba quote:

With that said, free items which get handed out are usually via giveaways, which themselves usually require doing a map or are chosen on random. Every Event has an access of Event Items to ensure in case of influx of player participation there isn't a shortage of items. So usually there are some left-over items which are distributed later on via [public] random giveaways, specific contests, etc.

Yup, I said the same thing above in a different post. Everyone has a equal chance to get their hands on it as it should be. This is fair.

What exactly are these "extras" or "special things" that event hosts are supposedly doing? I can't think of anything they could do besides hand out event items.

Since your friends are willing to violate the "secret" of being given event items, they should also be willing to either PM ddace with the name of the event host(s) in question or give it to you so you can PM it.

I don't really understand the point of having event items given in "secret". Since you cannot provide a trace the items are assumed to be duped/hacked and are virtually worthless to collectors.

So you're implying that there is a secret society of Event Hosts and their secret friends operating in DD from the underground dungeons of the Castle. And this secret society is passing off contraband items to sabotage the game's economy and market?

Hmmmm... Summoner_minimap_icon_c.png

To your original question of "Would you recommend the game to others" I would have to say a resounding yes. I have logged almost 2k hours on this game and I love it. This might by the only game I have ever played for a significant amount of time purely for the community. Does the game require 2k hours to beat it? God no. But I keep playing it because I love the friends I made from this. One of these friendships actually turned into a real life friendship, go figure. The grind in this game isn't too awful at the start. There is a relatively steep curve in difficulty to Nightmare but I think that is good. It prepares you for the endless grind of getting ++ armor lol. Now while there may have been some op events in the past (celebration, magecite, rainmaker; mainly) none of these have been necessary to beat the game. They are nice treasures to have to be sure, but they don't change the game really other than some bragging rights.

To address your concern about event hosts (mods) giving out event items, yeah it does happen; rarely. Maybe a small handful of people got an event item for being good friends with an event. The truth is this is quite uncommon. The main thing that I see is gear sharing. Maybe you farmed some great armor or an acc that would complete someone else's set and you trade that and maybe in the future they give you an item. Do any of these actions break the game to the point where I would not recommend the game as a whole to someone else? No. Not at all.

I get that you feel that you will never reach peak of DD gear since you started the game too late. You didn't get to be in all the old events and get the old op items. Welcome to the majority of the people that play this game. I myself only have 3 old events (one which I won in a giveaway). Are there like 10 people that hold the majority of the wealth in this game? Yes. Do they sometimes share their items with their friends? Yes. Does that make the game un-recommendable to someone in my eyes? No. If you want to hold out your recommendation for this reason so be it, but I think that is just you being a little shallow. Think about the 500 hours you put into a $15 game. Did you not enjoy it? Did you not get your moneys' worth? Any game I can put 500+ hours into is a game I would recommend to someone else; regardless of how the high end community conducts its business.

@SupahMo quote:

To address your concern about event hosts (mods) giving out event items, yeah it does happen; rarely. Maybe a small handful of people got an event item for being good friends with an event. The truth is this is quite uncommon. The main thing that I see is gear sharing. Maybe you farmed some great armor or an acc that would complete someone else's set and you trade that and maybe in the future they give you an item. Do any of these actions break the game to the point where I would not recommend the game as a whole to someone else? No. Not at all.

I dont know how often it does but even happening at all doesnt set well with me. There shouldn't be a incentive for being friends with mods. It doesnt break the game just makes it unfair. It killed my motivation to progress because it adds another element to the game which is kissing up to the mods in hopes of receiving something. It directly creates this begging culture, I'm sure many have seen before.

@Black Mamba quote:

So you're implying that there is a secret society of Event Hosts and their secret friends operating in DD from the underground dungeons of the Castle. And this secret society is passing off contraband items to sabotage the game's economy and market?

Hmmmm... Summoner_minimap_icon_c.png

So I cant provide what you ridiculously ask for so this is your response? 

Black Mamba quote:

I've heard things from people who have over 3000-4000 hours in this game about favoritism etc. its there, and I won't take names nor do I want to get into it about favoritism in general but it exists, deeply.

It's not a big leap from what you said here to the favoritism materializing in the way I said.  If you wanna sidetrack this issue with your immaturity please stop.

@phukyou2014 quote:

It killed my motivation to progress because it adds another element to the game which is kissing up to the mods in hopes of receiving something. It directly creates this begging culture, I'm sure many have seen before.

You make it seem like if you suck up to an event host that you get items. That really just isn't the case. I don't know of any event hosts, or heard about event hosts, that give out items because you suck up to them. What I have heard about is friends giving friends items. Maybe one of those friends happens to be an event host. I mean the community is pretty close knit it isn't unheard of. It's pretty rare to just give an event to someone. Only case I have heard of it was when someone quit and they gave items away or maybe loaning an event to someone when you aren't using it.

There isn't this stage of tiering up where you pucker up and kiss the asses of event hosts for items. There isn't a begging culture. You are taking isolated events and generalizing them to all event hosts.

@SupahMo quote:

There isn't this stage of tiering up where you pucker up and kiss the asses of event hosts for items. There isn't a begging culture. You are taking isolated events and generalizing them to all event hosts.

This is the OP's vision of DD1:

flatterydemotivator.jpeg?v=1403275995

@SupahMo quote:
You make it seem like if you suck up to an event host that you get items. That really just isn't the case. I don't know of any event hosts, or heard about event hosts, that give out items because you suck up to them. What I have heard about is friends giving friends items. Maybe one of those friends happens to be an event host. I mean the community is pretty close knit it isn't unheard of. It's pretty rare to just give an event to someone. Only case I have heard of it was when someone quit and they gave items away or maybe loaning an event to someone when you aren't using it.

Admittedly, maybe I have mis-categorized and generalized it however, you are doing the same thing. If you are categorized this as any other friend to friend transactions then there will be no need for the secrecy. When its done behind closed doors, it looks suspicious. 

@SupahMo quote:

To address your concern about event hosts (mods) giving out event items, yeah it does happen; rarely. Maybe a small handful of people got an event item for being good friends with an event. The truth is this is quite uncommon. 

I dont think you can also 100% say if it rarely happens or not. Characterizing this as rare is disingenuous. I personally dont know how often but from what I heard it seems frequent. 

@DarkDasher quote:

Where is this underground event hand out ring and how do i join, nobody gives me anything ;<

Dark we all know you are in the underground ring. Remember we had a meeting last week ;)

Wait is this a public forum.

My little 2 cents worth. (from me personally, not a statement from the team etc)

With regards to the idea of some event items being rewarded for skill or beating the event map, or reaching a particular level etc., I guess this is 1 way we are trying to 'reward' the players that put in the extra time and practice the map etc.  I love the basic idea that ALL that participate can receive an Item.  Even the last event, beating the first wave to receive the monk weapon was very easy with the time allowed and the lives available.  With the armory items available in OPEN, very achievable.    So basically ALL that play (and give 100%) get an item, easy.

Now, the more controversial issue.  Rewarding those players / teams that are willing to work harder and practice the map and thus get further through the map (or beat the map)   So, with the last map there were extra items possible with this in mind.  Seems simple in theory.  Join an event with no practice, have a bit of fun, get an item.  Practice and get into the challenge more and get rewarded more.

However, this does (in the actual practice of the idea) introduce potential issues etc.  I'm not going to list ALL of the issues, I mean, a laggy host and or inexperienced players etc (and just plain bad luck)  all come to mind, but what I am going to ask is:

1. Should these players/teams have the potential to earn extra rewards IF they put in the work?

2. And if yes, lets hear some ideas on how this can be achieved.

At the end of the day, I am sure we all want the same things.  Have fun, bring the players together and keep DD1 going on strong FOREVER!!!!

Happy DDing everyone :)

middo