Sign in to follow this  
playertt

Replay value of Mastery

i see some of you say you really enjoy doing Mastery but do you Replay it or just glad to get it completed because i see nobody   playing in public Mastery 

Well, Mastery don't actually have replay value, it's a one and done mode. The reasons that I could think of why someone would want to replay mastery are wanting to help other players or honing skills though the latter seems very unlikely.

Yup, not nuch replay value. 

Just like it was in DD1. 

Although there were a couple things there you wanted. 

At end game they were all useless.

Just like most of the maps in DD1, at end game, you only played a select few.

Unlike some want you to believe. 

NM maps were not equal.

If they scaled and rewarded scaling unique rewards that would be awesome.

But challenges inDD1 were pretty much as is, one and done.

And were pretty much ignored till farmed awesome gear, and face rolled. 

@PandynatorDD quote:

Yup, not nuch replay value, Just like it was in DD1. 

Although there were a couple things there you wanted, at endgame they were all useless

Just like most of the maps in DD1, at end game, you only played a select few, unlike some want you to believe. 

NM maps were not equal.

If they scaled and rewarded scaling unique rewards that would be awesome, but challenges in DD1 were pretty much as is, one and done and were pretty much ignored till farmed awesome gear, and face rolled. 

Connected. Your sentences. Don't pay attention to  me.

Also mastery as it is right now is really not something I'd enjoy replaying, mostly because most of the maps (espescially in c2) are terribly annoying and not enjoyable. They reward you with a good feeling (and obviously actual rewards) once you beat them, but I'd never look back at this gamemode honestly. 

I have actually played a few mastery games after winning them to help others.  I find them largely fun, but perhaps not more so than other game modes.  It's just fun for me to play with others, which I have done a ton more because of mastery, and that to me is a very good thing.  

There's also a trick to finding public mastery games: go to chaos mode, click create a game and then cancel, click on the info tab, click back to the chaos tab where you can make a game, wait, and voila, you can see all active games of all types!  I will add that the challenge level is perfect for me. I'm sure it's not for most people, but for me the level of difficulty makes the victory quite sweet.

For me mastery is a pain in the ... if there were no hyper shards, i would avoid it like the plague.

I can't count how many times i failed a mission because of those crappy rules, especially "don't sell, don't repair or don't upgrade".

@Woqini quote:

For me mastery is a pain in the ... if there were no hyper shards, i would avoid it like the plague.

I can't count how many times i failed a mission because of those crappy rules, especially "don't sell, don't repair or don't upgrade".

I learned from SpiderDanX to just rebind my keys in such situations so I don't make the mistake.  It is very effective (though silly that I should need to do so and Trendy just doesn't disable the keys automatically).

You obviously never played DD1. One and done? I did each challenged 40+ times to get the perfect weapon/piece of gear etc. 

@PandynatorDD quote:

Just like it was in DD1. 

NM maps were not equal.

@lekkin007 quote:

@Woqini quote:

I learned from SpiderDanX to just rebind my keys in such situations so I don't make the mistake.  It is very effective (though silly that I should need to do so and Trendy just doesn't disable the keys automatically).

It's not meant to be a 'you have to do it' kind of thing, you can also just go for 2 stars and be done with it. As I said in another thread this is a design flaw that was brought with mastery because they limit themselves on how creative they can be with the challenges. 

@Derek564 quote:

You obviously never played DD1. One and done? I did each challenged 40+ times to get the perfect weapon/piece of gear etc. 

sounds like the loot was more dynamic in dd1 and good loot was actually rare and unique

@ally quote:

@Derek564 quote:

sounds like the loot was more dynamic in dd1 and good loot was actually rare and unique

Loot in DD is definitely very dynamic with up to 10 item stats available but items only gettting up to 8 stats, on top of which stats can roll negative. Good loot is not rare or unique but there are very rare items such as ultimate++ armour or ultimate accessories, and unique items (mainly event items).

@Derek564 quote:

@PandynatorDD quote:

Just like it was in DD1. 

NM maps were not equal.

Aw, so you farmed 40 times for a perfect *** Unicorn pet?

You kept farming Blasticus after all the new maps?

You farmed halloween weapons 40+ times and got one that had the same DPS as later maps?

You kept farming giraffes too I assume then.

The only ones I did  a lot were:

Boss Rush for Classics

Lab Assault for Accessories and Ult drops

As soon as Tinkerers lab arrived the Blasticus became redundant, as the Blaster Rifle replaced it as the de facto best huntress weapon.

Then Moonbase threw the whole lot up in the air.

But the fact is if there were unique drops for these challenges, then they could have replay value. The wayfarer idea ruined incursion replay value, coupled with the fact that you can't play all incursions on all Choas tiers.

Fix these and Trendy might have some longevity, even before endgame.

If they did a reskin of Boss Rush and the Classics reward for each C tier that would get played a lot. They already have the demon lord, Betsy, rollers for the mech wave, ogres, they just need the spider queen(could use yetis instead). It's all already in the game USE IT.

@playertt quote:

i see some of you say you really enjoy doing Mastery but do you Replay it or just glad to get it completed because i see nobody   playing in public Mastery 

I have enjoyed it to complete once. A fun challenge, but yeah wont be replaying any of it ever.

If they added a weekly 3-4 map mastery challenge with a nice reward I would probably be up for replaying those maps then, but yeah such a challenge needs a reward.

Back when i played DD1, it was pretty new and the only expansion maps i can remember were the desert and the underwater map with the sharks/squid. So that is the personal DD1 experience that i had, where farming survival to wave 15 for a chance at 200 upgrade level giraffes and farming challenge mode for that 200 upgrade blasticus was the thing to do. I thoroughly enjoyed that and i probably would have kept playing for a while if i hadn't spent 3 years underwater while i was in the military. I feel DD1 would benefit from going back to its roots. 

@PandynatorDD quote:

@Derek564 quote:

@PandynatorDD quote:

Just like it was in DD1. 

NM maps were not equal.

Aw, so you farmed 40 times for a perfect *** Unicorn pet?

You kept farming Blasticus after all the new maps?

You farmed halloween weapons 40+ times and got one that had the same DPS as later maps?

You kept farming giraffes too I assume then.