Sign in to follow this  
|Emp| Myxtro

Should I get the Dryad or Lavamancer?

I currently play with the Squire and Huntress and I almost havce enough medals to buy a new hero. Which one's do you recommend? I'm thinking about getting either the lavamancer or the dryad. Which of those do you prefer and why?

I would pick the lavamancer if my Ascension level is low (below 1k?). It seems that you get nice benefits if you are on the playing field with your defenses (When in corruption form you defenses built gets buffed, like more hornets from the hive etc). If you are on the playing field, that would mean that you're playing a dps + defense dryad, meaning you will need those Ascension points. I mean you can play the dryad without those buff though, just don't like the thought of not getting the full power out of it though. 

As for the lavamancer, I personally like to use the oil geyser. Putting 1 right infront of a sharpened spike, spike blockade can easily shave off any assassins on you, or waste bosses' time as they keep getting stunned. But say if you want to play a dps lavamencer then you would then need fissures to give you your mana if I'm not wrong (Havent tried dps lavamancer). But you could always use it for oil geysers and not for the dps side of it. Volcanoes are also nice "blockades" to use in mastery with challenges that doesn't allow you to build any blockade which is pretty annoying.

So all in all,  Dryad's defenses looks really interesting, but factoring current event namely masteries and what I would always build to clear my chaos trials content (My needs) I would probably chose the lavamancer should I be in your shoe.

Don't like either of them as DPS.

They can both pretty much 1 shot any bosses.

If you want to play Lavamancer as active DPS, you are almost required to at least have a couple fissures down when you play lavamancer.

They both have strong defenses.

Dryad is on the better end of the stick, but lavamancer can do a great job too.

Just look up some videos on them and see what you like more.

Dryad will most likely be the strongest/easiest to play well. 

Lavamancer requires a bit more thought to get the full potential. And that full potential, is most of the time, either on par with dryad or slightly below it.

If you want pure power?

Go with Dryad.