Sign in to follow this  
jordthebeast

Mastery forgotten ruins and forest biome solo

How are you meant to do these solo i have tried multiple times on my own but failed i have requested help on Xbox one but nobody joins any help would be appropriated 

It's difficult for me solo. In fact all of the c2 mastery maps have been difficult for me solo. One thing that will help some on forest biome is to use the mushroom powers of the map. Another possible strategy is to leave one lane light on defenses and dps that lane so that you can overload the other lanes with defenses. But even if you do that, one unlucky cyborg blast and your lane is toast. I was able to do most of the maps solo up to wave 4. Things in wave 4 went real bad real fast. It's just so many cyborgs.

I was not able to do either of these maps solo, but good luck. Another thing you can do is open a pub map, go ahead and build everything, and then wait for someone to join. I wish I could help you but I'm on PC.

most of the c2 wasn't that bad but these 2 are almost impossible without help i tried your suggestion but the cyborg just shut down all my defences and then i get overwhelmed , i tried open lobby but nobody joins since you cant see all the matches in different chaos tiers now these 2 maps require 2 of more people 

forest biome  - wall can be destroy

put 2 different kind of wall + other defense in each lane, imbuing the fire shield helps a lot

forgot ruin - wall cannot be destroy

i dps in mid lanes and use the highest hp blockades in the other lanes  

non boss (left) lane use colossus

boss (right) lane use maw boosted with boost blockade hp / health pylon / mcTreeBuff

i managed to clean up the mid lane and rush to boss lane to repair wall and kill the last boss

@whaaaah quote:

forest biome  - wall can be destroy

put 2 different kind of wall + other defense in each lane, imbuing the fire shield helps a lot

forgot ruin - wall cannot be destroy

i dps in mid lanes and use the highest hp blockades in the other lanes  

non boss (left) lane use colossus

boss (right) lane use maw boosted with boost blockade hp / health pylon / mcTreeBuff

i managed to clean up the mid lane and rush to boss lane to repair wall and kill the last boss

i dont have colossus i have dyrad (can handle left lane) and series ev2 but will give the highest hp walls on right lane on forgotten ruins a try thanks

Totally agree.  These are very difficult maps to solo, though they are perfectly easy multiplayer (walls + hero DPS is of course enough for every lane).  I'd help you if I played xbox, but I don't, unfortunately.  If you have Lavamancer, his volcano is actually pretty good for the one of each defense maps.  And of course the obelisk is rather good.  Remember to use as many medallions as you can on your defenses to get the most oomph out of them (since stuck at 10% crit chance without a shard due to the limited ascension).  And don't forget the construction shard for your DPS heroes so they can be repairing blockades as they run around if necessary.  Doing either of these without a full complement of heroes though would be even more difficult single player. 

I play on Xbox One as well and rarely find anyone to play Mastery with. I'm even in a club with 2,500 plus members in it for DD2 and still rarely find players to help. There is a problem about that....... Many players hate mastery mode on Xbox One I guess? One of the problems with Mastery 2 is if you don't have all the characters when playing solo.......

@UnarmedReaper07 quote:

I play on Xbox One as well and rarely find anyone to play Mastery with. I'm even in a club with 2,500 plus members in it for DD2 and still rarely find players to help. There is a problem about that....... Many players hate mastery mode on Xbox One I guess? One of the problems with Mastery 2 is if you don't have all the characters when playing solo.......

im in that club aswell i posted but nobody got back maybe we could team up? my GT is DG Aura

i didnt find them hard to solo, just super annoying. I had to lvl up a load of random relics, equip random shards on a load of random heroes I dont use.

This is a really unfriendly achievement for new players who simply don't have all the heroes, and mega irritating for those of us that don't wish to play all the heroes.

Its completely void of any tactics, and just involves spamming a bunch of random towers all over the place till you have used up your DU, then frantically running about killing stuff as obviously your defenses are trash due to no coherent strategy.

With that said, forest biom was an easy one shot, and Forgotten ruins... well I don't even remember doing it... but apparently I did.

For the record this the least enjoyable achievement, though the concept of 30s build times is worse.. but thus far less frustrating. The other ones I all really enjoy.

@Zimmermann quote:

With that said, forest biom was an easy one shot, and Forgotten ruins... well I don't even remember doing it... but apparently I did.

You got lucky with Forest Biome in my opinion lol. If a Malthius spawns, it gets annoying because he spawns orc skeletons in a far-off lane and they take precious seconds off the timer. I got a Malthius on the 5th wave of my game in the last minute. Happened straight for 2 matches and I lost to Timer. Won the 3rd match when he didn't spawn.

@Random Asian quote:

@Zimmermann quote:

You got lucky with Forest Biome in my opinion lol. If a Malthius spawns, it gets annoying because he spawns orc skeletons in a far-off lane and they take precious seconds off the timer. I got a Malthius on the 5th wave of my game in the last minute. Happened straight for 2 matches and I lost to Timer. Won the 3rd match when he didn't spawn.

I cant remember what bosses spawned other then an orge and a siege roller. But I always check for malthius, as I can basically one shot him, its just a case of making a point each build phase to check and then jump on him once he comes out. But I do agree he can cause massive problems if left unchallenged, or if you are forced to leave him unchallenged if you get 2x malthius or another problem in another lane.

3 bosses I always check for: 

1. Malthius (pretty obvious). 
  2. Quibly (throwing guy) simply a nightmare if you cant lose defenses... he can stay at a spawn point throwing crap at your PDT's till one breaks... and you don't even notice. 
  3. Slekeleon, he only matters if he spawns before wave 4, as you don't wanna let him gain to much headway in a lane. 

All other bosses in my experience are irrelevant, and just need to die before they start breaking blockades.