Sign in to follow this  
Fozzie

Mastery and damage to cores tweak please

Please can this be tweaked to:

"If core loses 25% of health"

I was just trying to solo Bastille and Malth the m*********r spawns a skeleton right next to a core before I can get across the map.

Summoned skeletons don't seem to follow the same pathing as normal spawned mobs they just home in on any core even if the wisp says they don't go that way.

@Fozzie quote:

Please can this be tweaked to:

"If core loses 25% of health"

I was just trying to solo Bastille and Malth the m*********r spawns a skeleton right next to a core before I can get across the map.

Summoned skeletons don't seem to follow the same pathing as normal spawned mobs they just home in on any core even if the wisp says they don't go that way.

I don't want to be "that guy". but I am pretty sure malthius spawned a skeleton that walked the wrong way to the south core and you had no safety blockade there.

PS. any monster pretty much can walk to that core given the right RNG alignments, but 99% of the time its mini skeletons from malthius and dark mage summons.

Did they ever fix the available DU on this map? It used to be maybe a little low, but then they jacked it up way too high. Unless it has been fixed again, there should be plenty of DU to spare on extra blockades.

Do what I do, and place 1-2 LSA´s at each core, for extra protection against sneaky mobs. That map has so much DU, if I lose, it was my own fault:)

Malthius is a killer in many maps

u need an extra wall in bastile

u need to stay at core to kill skeletons summoned behind your defenses in throne room

u need to kill it fast at spawn in speed run maps

I agree that on this particular map an extra wall would have helped. 

However the crux of this as with my first set of possible improvements to mastery is to stop people losing due to a minute chip on the crystal.

Sure lose if your build is poor and you are overrun but we got Trendy to make C7 cores take more than one hit so why not mastery.

I know the name is not even a scratch but we don’t want to adversely affect player numbers and this along with other fail states don’t help.

Sure add some strategy but IMO Mastery in its current iteration is rage quit inducing.

Sounds good to me. What do you want next, enemies dying before hitting the core because if they break it you lose? Defend that lane or put a blockade, mate.

@Nefhith quote:

Sounds good to me. What do you want next, enemies dying before hitting the core because if they break it you lose? Defend that lane or put a blockade, mate.

Ouch! Burn! I don't know whether to call you a troll and tell you to beat it or laugh (because I agree). Even though I do agree and think too many of Fozzies posts have been extremely petty and negative lately. 

I think the majority of community members would agree that he deserves a little more respect. Your retort could have had a little less zip to it. Most times he seems to be genuinely throwing out ideas to improve the game. But nonetheless, I do agree that it was a bad suggestion.

I'm just getting tired of people trying to make the game as easy as possible and then complaining about it being too easy.

Leaving a lane without a blockade is a no-no, lane wisp indicating they go that way or not. You can always put a tower to attack any roaming enemy that decides to go that way (after all, a raised skeleton is not *that* hard to kill).

@Nefhith quote:

I'm just getting tired of people trying to make the game as easy as possible and then complaining about it being too easy.

Leaving a lane without a blockade is a no-no, lane wisp indicating they go that way or not. You can always put a tower to attack any roaming enemy that decides to go that way (after all, a raised skeleton is not *that* hard to kill).

So agree with this too, I totally don't have any problems with mastery, if I lose, it's my fault for not getting the strategy right.

@Fozzie quote:

I agree that on this particular map an extra wall would have helped. 

However the crux of this as with my first set of possible improvements to mastery is to stop people losing due to a minute chip on the crystal.

Sure lose if your build is poor and you are overrun but we got Trendy to make C7 cores take more than one hit so why not mastery.

I know the name is not even a scratch but we don’t want to adversely affect player numbers and this along with other fail states don’t help.

Sure add some strategy but IMO Mastery in its current iteration is rage quit inducing.

So I agree and disagree with the point you are making.

I agree that a fail should not be down to a single mini skeleton coughing on your core once... in 5 waves of 200-500 monsters per wave... It just seems sooooo lame!!

However, when maps are so easy that you simply never fail with a half decent build, how do you validate a good build verses a sub par build when both can easily complete a map?

Well all you can do is, do the above and base it on a single sneeze by a tiny enemy out of hordes of over a thousand monsters. 

That being; a good build means not even a sneeze hits your core, and a sub par build does, therefore players are forced to make better builds. Now is this a good solution immune from RNG? nope, and its also not user friendly, but its better then everyone winning and us all getting gold stars for attendance.

So thats kind of my position on it currently.

In the FTP era where the slightest negativity to a games player experience will result in falling numbers and negative reviews, which exacerbated the falling numbers.

Slight tweaks to annoyances could go well towards keeping the challenge but reducing the WTF moments.

Just my 2p

By all means keep it as it is but empty servers don’t look good 

Having the same problem on C2 Mastery Little-Horn Valley with the core. Only level without five stars for me..... Any solo strategies with me having the Dryad, Ev, Abyss Lord, and Lavamancer?

my valley solo build

- spam nimbus on the bridge (connect to the tree house)

- put different type of wall in each lane (10 different defense)

- put some flame aura in each spawn

@whaaaah quote:

my valley solo build

- spam nimbus on the bridge (connect to the tree house)

- put different type of wall in each lane (10 different defense)

- put some flame aura in each spawn

Thank you. I'll try that.

- How many nimbus (Any specific shards to add?)

- Happy Halloween

-  How many flame auras in each spawn? (Any specific shards to add?)

* I have both hyper shards if they help.

* Keep both "locks" alive?

I saw one player who had put both Deadly Strikes and Vicious Strikes on nimbus and they covered the whole map from that central location. Mass Destruction maybe for the 3rd.

@Ubara-tutu quote:

I saw one player who had put both Deadly Strikes and Vicious Strikes on nimbus and they covered the whole map from that central location. Mass Destruction maybe for the 3rd.

Forgive me for saying, but that is such a waste of the VS shard, and frankly just bad played by whoever it was. The Nimbuses are gonna waste so much time on travel, it´s just bad dps. Better to have less range and put extra trees and Nimbi and divide maps in zones.

@lekkin007 quote:

Or just use both strikes on the tree so only one tree is needed, and then place nimbuses wherever it is needed.

Ha ha yes didn´t even think of that;) But only for small maps though... unless the tree gets crazy range... gotta go check now:)

@lekkin007 quote:

Or just use both strikes on the tree so only one tree is needed, and then place nimbuses wherever it is needed.

The drawback is that Power pylon doesn´t have the same range though! I always use Power pylon with the trees.