Sign in to follow this  
harry4550

[Event] Halloween Rush

It's that time again. EVENT TIME!!! This time it's all about speed. Make sure to tie your running shoes and sharpen your swords. You wont want to get caught late during this spooky event. 

What Do I Need to Know

Please check out this thread to get up to speed on how to run events. https://dungeondefenders.com/1/topic/130608/pc-community-events

When Will The Event Happen

The event will start on Friday, October 27th 12:00 (UTC-4/EST) and end on Sunday, October  29th 22:00(UTC-4/EST). There will be guaranteed at least one host on from 12:00-22:00(UTC-4) each day. We will try to have hosts available at other times as well.

What Gear Do I Need For This Event

Make sure you have heroes have there running shoes on and there blades are sharp!

What Do I Need to do to be Ready for the Event

The event map will be open for download a couple of days in advance of the event. This thread will be updated with a link to that map at the bottom once it is up. Before the event you need to check back to this thread and subscribe to the map in the Steam Workshop. Please try hosting it yourself before the event at least once to make sure you have it installed correctly. After that, get ready for quick thinking, quick building, and quick DPS. Hacked and/or modded gear is not permitted during the event *except for gear from the Tavern Armory Shipment*. http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=572136953

What If I Can't Get On During Those Times

If you are unable to participate in the event while it is running please talk to either Acen(ddace) or myself (Harry) via forum/steam pm. We will try to accommodate you as best we can.

Can I Play With My Friends

Yes! You can bring a group of up to 5 players. So find some compadres to adventure with ya:) (If some of your friends have already ran the event they can re-run it with you for fun but please keep in mind that those who have yet to run the event will get first priority over those who are re-running the event so you may have to wait longer than expected.) 

Map Link: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1164189395

Note: You may encounter an issue after you download the event map and try to go back to ranked and join a game. It is possible you might get a package version mismatch error. The first step to fix this is to restart the game. If that doesn't work then unsubscribe from the map and verify integrity of your game cache.

IMPORTANT: Event items will be earned upon completing waves 13, 15 and 17. Make sure you practice the event ahead of time!!!

@Avatar52 quote:

I cant wait but I think i will be gone during time can someone send me a link to who i need to contact

http://steamcommunity.com/id/ddace (Acen)

or

http://steamcommunity.com/id/Harry450 (Harry)

WooHoo!!

Event Time!!

Thank you so much Harry, and all the hosts! We all know how much time, effort, blood, sweat and tears you put into this.

We truly appreciate it.

As much as I love events,

IMPORTANT: While there will be rewards for all who part, there will be bonus rewards for those who complete certain waves. A list of required waves will be announced when the event map is released. Make sure you practice the event ahead of time!!!

Not a huge fan of this. Usually just end up playing with randoms as most of the peeps I do events with are taking a sabbatical from the game and some don't even make it in time due to time-zone issues. Not to mention its quite unfair to in-experienced new players who most likely won't make it through the map or will have to be carried, thereby adding unnecessary pressure!

Anyways, is this like the last Halloween Event? As in unique reward for winning/reaching X Wave whatever? Like the last time everyone got a cat and a hat but those who won got the skelly as well. So any Unique reward like that? If so, then a BIG NO!

Or is this simply offering multiples of whatever event item(s) there is(are) in this event? If so, then doesn't matter as long as participants can get 1 copy of each item as everyone else, win or lose, or fulfill the wave criteria.

Kindly clarify on this a bit please, thanks!

And of course, mandatory Event Hype GIF, as usual!
The+Pink+Shirt+Carlton.gif

@Black Mamba quote:

As much as I love events,

IMPORTANT: While there will be rewards for all who part, there will be bonus rewards for those who complete certain waves. A list of required waves will be announced when the event map is released. Make sure you practice the event ahead of time!!!

Not a huge fan of this. Usually just end up playing with randoms as most of the peeps I do events with are taking a sabbatical from the game and some don't even make it in time due to time-zone issues. Not to mention its quite unfair to in-experienced new players who most likely won't make it through the map or will have to be carried, thereby adding unnecessary pressure!

Anyways, is this like the last Halloween Event? As in unique reward for winning/reaching X Wave whatever? Like the last time everyone got a cat and a hat but those who won got the skelly as well. So any Unique reward like that? If so, then a BIG NO!

Or is this simply offering multiples of whatever event item(s) there is(are) in this event? If so, then doesn't matter as long as participants can get 1 copy of each item as everyone else, win or lose, or fulfill the wave criteria.

Kindly clarify on this a bit please, thanks!

And of course, mandatory Event Hype GIF, as usual!
The+Pink+Shirt+Carlton.gif

I fully agree with you.

As always, I'll have to bug one of you the week following the event do it. Looking forward to it, though. 

Hi guys,

Just wanted to give some few points to how to actually download the event map. It took me like 30mins figuring out and I didnt see any guides giving steps on it so thought it might help some new comers.

1) Go to this site http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1164189395

2) Click the subscribe button (that's like the download button)

3) If you have the game running, you will see the map downloading in progress (I think at the top left hand corner of the screen).

Some things I found out through my friends.

- You can import your data from the Trendy sever (ranked) over to the Workshop sever (open) but it will erase the workshop sever data you had previously completely however, nothing will happen to your original data from the Trendy sever. This way you can keep using your heroes if you have them on the Trendy (ranked) sever.

To import your data. When you are at the hero selecting screen on the Trendy sever (ranked) you will see the (import) button on the bottom left corner. Click it and proceed through.

It probably takes less than 5mins to get to the event map so its not troublesome at all to download and run it.  I hope no one gets left out.

Good luck all!