Sign in to follow this  
super_slayan

Can't Solo Mastery 1

anyone else having trouble completing Mastery 1?

it feels like i'm forced to play with others if I want a chance at completing it. 

I was doing fine soloing Chaos 6 (on 1 of the maps) and was slowly working my way up to chaos 7.

Now with this cap, my towers are not strong enough to handle enemies on their own and I'm forced to run from lane to lane (sometimes cant even repair/upgrade if I want a start) to try and make it there before my towers/barricades are destroyed.

I feel like the only way I can win is if I somehow find 2-3 more people to help watch lanes when before I could watch them myself. It's impossible to find anyone playing Mastery 1 by the way. I was getting back into the game after this update, but now I feel I should take another break and see if it gets a little easier.

Sidenote: the spear chuckers are hitting the left core on Greystone Plaza without walking all the way around and down to it. I was in round 5 and I thought I could actually do it without losing a star. Then a spear chucker decided to cheat and hit the core and there goes 2 stars.

@super_slayan quote:

anyone else having trouble completing Mastery 1?

it feels like i'm forced to play with others if I want a chance at completing it. 

I was doing fine soloing Chaos 6 (on 1 of the maps) and was slowly working my way up to chaos 7.

Now with this cap, my towers are not strong enough to handle enemies on their own and I'm forced to run from lane to lane (sometimes cant even repair/upgrade if I want a start) to try and make it there before my towers/barricades are destroyed.

I feel like the only way I can win is if I somehow find 2-3 more people to help watch lanes when before I could watch them myself. It's impossible to find anyone playing Mastery 1 by the way. I was getting back into the game after this update, but now I feel I should take another break and see if it gets a little easier.

Sidenote: the spear chuckers are hitting the left core on Greystone Plaza without walking all the way around and down to it. I was in round 5 and I thought I could actually do it without losing a star. Then a spear chucker decided to cheat and hit the core and there goes 2 stars.

Wait till you get to Mastery 2 its almost impossible solo 

Lol I feel you. I made a post talking about how stupidly stacked the odds are against Solo Player and how having Teammates would make Mastery Mode extremely redundant in difficulty. For Solo, you need to really get outside of your comfort zone and adapt. Basically you'd end up becoming an Expert Player or META Scrub depending how you see it because you're going to have to use a smalll variety of powerful defenses and Heroes. Having Extra Players give no downsides except for increase in enemy HP but thats not a problem assuming those players aren't undergeared or using Lavamancer(RIP). You're going to need a very fast hero that can kill crowds of enemies and nuke bosses down fast. Gunwitch best girl.

Back in the days of running through Chaos 1 or 2 it was the hero DPS that did the majority of CC and mob damage.

Losing our ascension and modifying our gear has taken us back to this state.

When we were running through chaos the first time there were a lot of games and players and no defence restrictions and arbitrary fail states.

The methodology behind the fail states really hurts the game, I've seen so many rage quits.

Solo is so much harder due to towers not essentially pulling their weight even when you are full C7 with every shard possible. 

Trendy said that mastery was to make a challenge for everyone even those with high ascension. Doing mastery in group is hardly any challenge at all. So what was the point with mastery again?? Find it funny that high ascension people do it in group with hardly any challenge at all.

A lot of people are saying the towers aren't pulling their weight.  I used to think this.  Now I think it is us who don't know how to spec out towers.  For instance, crit chance is not improved by ascension, so medallions should be used, and power transfer + critical strikes (for the crit chance) are the only useful shards related to crit damage worth using.  Everything else should be focused on CC and defense power.  It also means that you need to relearn which towers are good since they have varying crit and defense scaling.  For instance, I've had success even in C2 using ramsters.  Cannon balls are also great there.  Also because of being nowhere near the speed cap, defense rates is hugely helpful on many more defenses than in C7.  There's plenty more, but the point is that we just need new strategies, and there can be a steep learning curve for that (which you can probably argue is either good or bad).

Mastery is certainly more of a challenge alone, but it can be done.  The best time to bring in friends IMO is for the Max 1 of any defense, since you can get coverage a little more easily.  But even that can be sidestepped by having those heroes yourself.  And if you don't want to, then just 3* those maps until you have enough relics/heroes.

As for everything else, it's very solo-able.  You just need to think about the best way to defend given the restrictions.

Basically, like often in Life, some people/players are dealing with a challenge the best they can and some are complaining and looking for easy way out.  

IT IS SUPPOSED TO BE A CHALLENGE Emoji_Huntress.png

No one is forced to do it. But finally, after many moons we got a mode/gameplay that seeks an effort to deal with. Sure it can be improved, like anything else. Cheers!