Sign in to follow this  
Argonias

Ability to select what difficulty shard you receive from chest at end

Just thought it would be great if we could select which difficulty shard we would get from the end game chest.  Obviously, the shard that drops can't be higher than the difficulty you are in.  However, if you are progressing through C7 and need a Defense Rate or Power Transfer, why not allow the C7 player to forgo getting the C7 shard and get a C4 instead.   This would allow the player to still be progressing or farming C7 and have a chance at getting the C4 shard(s) they need/want. 

Short answer: Money

Long answer: The F2P model, and selling Shard packs for gems, incentivizes Trendy to never implement something like this and hope that the player gets frustrated enough at the prospect of grinding an irrelevant difficulty that they will pull out their wallet and pay for a few packs instead of farming a C4 map for 6 hours to get maybe ONE shard that they want. As long as "pay for convenience" exists and remains profitable, F2P games will keep pulling stuff like this.

EDIT: And before anyone comes to the defense of the model, I've probably spent more on the game than you because I'm a big sucker for skins, so slow your roll.

What you say is true.  Which is why I don't think it will ever be implemented either.  However, I wanted to put the suggestion out there in the proper place. 

It is really sad when companies and developers won't institute something that a lot of people would probably enjoy for the sake of money.  As someone (honestly didn't look at the name, even though I read the post) stated where I first thought of the idea, the ability to select what chaos tier shards you want to farm while staying in C7 difficulty would have kept them playing the game.  The longer someone plays the game and the more enjoyment they get from the game would also increase the chances of that person spending money on that game.

@Argonias quote:

As someone (honestly didn't look at the name, even though I read the post) stated where I first thought of the idea, the ability to select what chaos tier shards you want to farm while staying in C7 difficulty would have kept them playing the game. 

Hahahahaha. That was me. Seriously.

And it's true - I would have gotten a couple more weeks of enjoyment if I didn't log in and go "Do I really want to sit in Chaos 3 mindlessly tabbing back into the game to hit 'g' occasionally, or do I want to log out and play a game that I'll actually have fun on?"

@EloquentEsquire quote:

@Argonias quote:

As someone (honestly didn't look at the name, even though I read the post) stated where I first thought of the idea, the ability to select what chaos tier shards you want to farm while staying in C7 difficulty would have kept them playing the game. 

Hahahahaha. That was me. Seriously.

And it's true - I would have gotten a couple more weeks of enjoyment if I didn't log in and go "Do I really want to sit in Chaos 3 mindlessly tabbing back into the game to hit 'g' occasionally, or do I want to log out and play a game that I'll actually have fun on?"

lol, that is kind of funny.  Sorry, I tend to read through posts and not pay attention to well to who posted it.  Then I come into another thread and can't remember the names cause I didn't pay attention to it. 

And a few more weeks of enjoyment out of the game is better than not enjoying the game. squire_small.png