Sign in to follow this  
Hom-Sha-Bom

Sad to say [every change since Trials update] isn't doing it for me

It's just as reliable because every time I cast it will get assassins off instantly. 25% multiple times a second = extremely low % it takes more than 1 second. It serves the exact same function as the stun while also allowing me to play as Gunwitch, my favorite hero. As one of the first people to clear C5, I've been using it since Assassins came out.

Customization is much much better than before. You said it yourself, you needed every single piece of gear with a low % chance of getting a passive just to make a single build. Now I can make a bunch of different builds on the fly. I can switch it up all the time. Want to try X hero, and a new build? Slot in some new shards. The passive system was beyond terrible. I remember farming for 100s of maps without getting a single drop I wanted. There was legitimately 2 builds at the time, Abyss Lord Archers or Slow + Chaos Traps. Now with shards there are 100s. Is that really a reason to keep playing? Hoping to get one piece thats extremely RNG? Awful design. You needed to get the gear to roll the right stats and the right passive at the right % of it was useless.

And I say this as someone who actually farmed 100% perfect gear for Abyss Lord Archers, with every single one perfect stats and the 10% passive.

You must also have forgotten having to spend weeks farming wyvern tokens to buy Chaos Shards to try out some cool builds.

Just because you don't like the game doesn't mean that everyone else is wrong in likely the current one.

@Hom-Sha-Bom quote:
@Chappyy quote:

I hated the passive and sphere system and like the shard system. What I don't like is how we get the shards. shards drop just like loot? Why do they have to pack this stupid shard victory pack that doesn't even follow it's own loot drop tables correctly.

I don't understand how someone can like shards and hate spheres. How does that work? They were essentially the same thing except spheres weren't restricted to specific pieces of gear and didn't take up slots for other passives. You could actually choose which spheres you wanted to get instead of being assigned one by RNG. They didn't need to be upgraded after you got them.

Spheres were like everything that is good about shards, with none of the bad things about shards.

I guess spheres weren't to bad. What I like about the shards over passive is the customization to put them in the gear. I guess the spheres are sorta like that but not the passives, they sucked. 

@The Jason Order quote:

Customization is much much better than before. You said it yourself, you needed every single piece of gear with a low % chance of getting a passive just to make a single build. Now I can make a bunch of different builds on the fly. I can switch it up all the time. Want to try X hero, and a new build? Slot in some new shards. The passive system was beyond terrible. I remember farming for 100s of maps without getting a single drop I wanted. There was legitimately 2 builds at the time, Abyss Lord Archers or Slow + Chaos Traps. Now with shards there are 100s. Is that really a reason to keep playing? Hoping to get one piece thats extremely RNG? Awful design. You needed to get the gear to roll the right stats and the right passive at the right % of it was useless. 

I'm not going to defend the old passive system. I've already stated there were problems with it. I've already stated one of many possible ways it could have been improved without just wholly getting rid of it. So if you're not going to address what I actually said about it, then I don't know why you're replying to me and there's nothing more to say about it.

Power growth with old gear drops was progressive and gradual. You could get better stats and better passives a little at time and keep getting closer and closer to the perfect roll. with shards the power growth is a stair case. It's flat until you get the right shards, it spikes up with those shards, and then it levels off again because as soon as that shard is maxed out you're done.

I uninstalled 2 days ago.  I will keep an eye out on the game, but my hope is small.  The most common complaints about trials was the limiting factors of the new mobs keeping you from playing the way you wanted.  I feel like Trendy is ***ing with us given that they doubled down on this with the mastery making it map wide restrictions on top of the mob restrictions.  It honestly feels like they are trying to kill off this game to move onto something new without outright saying "we are abandoning this game to move onto something new" as that would look bad for future releases if you "abandon" a game as a developer.  However they did this with Dungeon Defenders Eternity, so it's not like it is out of the question..... 

I just don't get it.  Feedback has been plentiful, but completely ignored.  An endless mode should have been priority over this mastery.  Allowing players to play the maps they want should have been priority over mastery.  Not drastically increasing the thing that players have been most vocally against seems.........obvious.  I don't get it.  I have lost faith in the direction and decisions of this team.

You didn't lost faith in this game cause otherwise you wouldn't be hanging on this forum Emoji_GobHuntress.png

@BoomRowsky quote:

I uninstalled 2 days ago.  I will keep an eye out on the game, but my hope is small.  The most common complaints about trials was the limiting factors of the new mobs keeping you from playing the way you wanted.  I feel like Trendy is ***ing with us given that they doubled down on this with the mastery making it map wide restrictions on top of the mob restrictions.  It honestly feels like they are trying to kill off this game to move onto something new without outright saying "we are abandoning this game to move onto something new" as that would look bad for future releases if you "abandon" a game as a developer.  However they did this with Dungeon Defenders Eternity, so it's not like it is out of the question..... 

I just don't get it.  Feedback has been plentiful, but completely ignored.  An endless mode should have been priority over this mastery.  Allowing players to play the maps they want should have been priority over mastery.  Not drastically increasing the thing that players have been most vocally against seems.........obvious.  I don't get it.  I have lost faith in the direction and decisions of this team.

@KnowsNoLimits quote:

The passive system was horrible.  At the time you had to fight against so much RNG wIth mediocre gameplay.  The effort was 't worth the reward. The game is in a far better place atm.

The only problem I have with Trials is how you are forced to play maps you don't care about and you have to fish around until you get the desired map. That's not fun or in anyway a clever design.

It just annoys the player.

I liked the passive system a lot better than the shard system. it gave me a reason to play.

Now it's way too easy to get a shard I want. to make it even easier, I can just buy a pack and get it that way.

There is no reason to play now. At least back then you could get the passive u want but simply play more if you wanted like the perfect rolls or something close to perfect

@Hom-Sha-Bom quote:
@lesliesoon quote:

I don't have any problem with assassins with my dps EV2 at all. All my lanes has these "washer defenses", basically comprises of an oil geyser with stun, right in front of a spike blockade with sharpened spike. With these two, i usually wash them off without a problem. In fact after doing this I rarely got screwed/killed by any assassins. Maybe you would like to try doing what i did?

As I said, I don't have any problems killing assassins. They are easy get rid of. I just hate them and I don't want to deal with their stupid anti-fun mechanic so I use Abyss Lord to instantly get them off me.

It's contradicting to say that they are very easy to deal with while saying that their mechanic is anti fun because if they are easy, they shouldn't even hinder your game play at all unless you're telling me 50du per lane totally breaks the fun in the game for you then I've nothing to say. You can still use your gun witch with whatever pets you want with it right? You won't even need to be forced to use the abyssal lord. Pretty sure that spending 50du  per lane you'll still be able to build whatever defenses that you love in that lane and even if you do not want to spend 50du you"ll still get rid of them with your endgame geared defenses.

With all these said, if you still find that its mechanics is anti fun then I'm pretty sure you just want to semi afk 5 waves except during siege rollers.

Easy and fun are not the same.  I agree with assassins being antifun and simply a nuisance, even if I also rather like the current game while acknowledging Trendy has a lot of stuff still to fix.

I've been saying that since before the release of the Trials update and everybody said I was crazy and a whiner. And now the community starts to agree that since Trials update the game is going downhill. We lost any sense of fun and the game is just tedious as it stands. I had a lot more fun in the super early day of the early access version of the game (back when water geyser electric aura combo was broken) with so few content.

I genuinely think the game has the potential to be great even "only" with the current content but so many design choices are just making the experience ridiculously tedious and simply anti-fun. This is video-game it should be entertaining, not simply difficulty for the sake of it.

Mastery is boring as hell. It feels more like boring chores than anything else.

Maybe it's because i hate rules. Don't do this, don't build that ZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

@lesliesoon quote:-Snip-
It's contradicting to say that they are very easy to deal with while saying that their mechanic is anti fun because if they are easy, they shouldn't even hinder your game play at all unless you're telling me 50du per lane totally breaks the fun in the game for you then I've nothing to say. You can still use your gun witch with whatever pets you want with it right? You won't even need to be forced to use the abyssal lord. Pretty sure that spending 50du  per lane you'll still be able to build whatever defenses that you love in that lane and even if you do not want to spend 50du you"ll still get rid of them with your endgame geared defenses.

With all these said, if you still find that its mechanics is anti fun then I'm pretty sure you just want to semi afk 5 waves except during siege rollers.

Easy and Fun are two different things.  As the game stands right now I can AFK through all but the siege rollers, which means it is easy.  The restrictions applied by the mobs are what make the game not fun, Assassins completely negating player input is not FUN (and yes they are easy to deal with, but still annoying), not being able to use projectile towers that I might want to use because of Geodes is not FUN (still easy to deal with), and not being able to use traps, auras, and nodes because of Cyborks is not FUN (still easy to deal with, and you can use them if you place them off lane where cyborks have an issue getting to them).  Another thing that is not fun is the lack of map choice in trials, or that you have to grind lower difficulties to farm shards while gaining nothing in the way of loot/exp.  Mastery mode just amplifies the restrictions set, which again makes the game less fun.  As [[41380,users]] said, Mastery feels more like boring chores.  Who likes to do chores?  I know I don't.

The fun factor is what people keep complaining about.  The game is easy, not fun. 

@lesliesoon quote:

Wtf are you talking about? How is "they are easy" and "they are not fun" contradictory? Do you think easy and fun are synonyms? Do you think easy is a criteria for being fun? Are you saying nothing challenging can ever be fun? It's not contradictory at all.

@Hom-Sha-Bom quote:
@lesliesoon quote:

Wtf are you talking about? How is "they are easy" and "they are not fun" contradictory? Do you think easy and fun are synonyms? Do you think easy is a criteria for being fun? Are you saying nothing challenging can ever be fun? It's not contradictory at all.

Ok, let's put it this way... if they are easy, you can rid of them in a matter of seconds. If its only for a few seconds how are they a hindrance to what you want to do? They don't hinder what heroes or pet you use, they don't hinder whatever defenses you use, isn't that almost the same as it not being there at all? The only things that i would consider anti-fun are mobs like geodes or cyborg since they fully restrict what you can use. Cyborgs and geodes are pretty tanky so if they are C7 mobs, it would take awhile to take down multiple of them in multiple lanes. Now these will restrict whatever tower you are going to use only this will be considered anti-fun to me since i have no freedom to build or use what I want. If you still don't get my point then forget it. It's just my personal thought about the word "anti-fun", which I will emphasis again, is the freedom to do what you want.

The thing is that difficulty can sometimes impact the fun aspect of a game.

In this case balancing is not the issue since trials update but clearly fun is. (actually since Siege Roller update to be accurate, a year ago, yay!).

The real challenge in the game at the moment is to have the patience to play it. Suffer through the enormous list of restraints the game put onto you to get "stronger" to then get in other difficulties with even more things you can't do. It's almost like playing a RPG and starting the game at lvl max and as you play the game your character end up being able to do only one thing. That's not fun.