Sign in to follow this  
LAWLTA

Prove Your Mastery Rewards, Mastery I Winners, and Updated Schedule!

Why couldn't rank 11 through 100 get anything? I guess seeing your name in the leaderboards and getting a bit of glory is reward enough? The reward could of been something like gold, defender medals, a costume skin, tower skin, etc. if Trendy doesn't want us to get a flair or title like the top 10. A paper crown flair or a title of "top 100" would of been nice for rank 11 through 100 and it would probably get more people to try and complete each mastery.

@UnarmedReaper07 quote:

Why couldn't rank 11 through 100 get anything? I guess seeing your name in the leaderboards and getting a bit of glory is reward enough? The reward could of been something like gold, defender medals, a costume skin, tower skin, etc. if Trendy doesn't want us to get a flair or title like the top 10. A paper crown flair or a title of "top 100" would of been nice for rank 11 through 100 and it would probably get more people to try and complete each mastery.

The other issue is that half of the top 10 players were all playtesters who got to test the content beforehand. And they play together in groups, supposedly. I also don't like this "rush to top 10" thing... I'd rather have weekly events where everyone who reaches the max stars gets a reward. I'd log on for that, but I haven't for the extremely boring competition.

@Faysumi quote:

I'm just up for complaining about the schedule change. I've had all of today and most of tomorrow off yet I'm at work for most of Saturday and will be out most of Sunday so this is damned messy for me, especially after I completed the previous ones on Monday so now I have no reason to play for almost an entire week despite being in the mood to do so. I know there's little reason to pander to people in my position but you're already pandering to others just because you decided to have a leaderboard for the most extreme players.

Seems kinda poorly planned to me.

Also, how many people have to ask about the 'VII backwards' thing? That's three times it's been answered in two pages.

/Minor rant over/

A lot of "I´s" in this here rant. 

M1+M2 were on Wednesdays. They changed it to Saturdays, so more people would be able to participate, due to it being weekend and all. 

Maybe you are right. We should have the event at your leisure. Maybe you could send TE your schedule, and post a copy of it in here too, so we all can plan according to your free time.squire_small.png

M.

@ally quote:

@UnarmedReaper07 quote:

The other issue is that half of the top 10 players were all playtesters who got to test the content beforehand. And they play together in groups, supposedly. I also don't like this "rush to top 10" thing... I'd rather have weekly events where everyone who reaches the max stars gets a reward. I'd log on for that, but I haven't for the extremely boring competition.

Wow, on the playtester part. Also, the whole "group" thing is such "bull". Not everyone has an elite  squad of players like the " A Team". (lol) This "Top 10" leaderboard thing reminds me of before when Destiny didn't have Trials bounties. It was for the elite and then they added bounties so that more players could actually play it and earn stuff. Why can't we get "Mastery dailies/weeklies" then? This would get people to play Mastery even after completing it.

On playtester issue.... we had an advantage when this mode came about but for mastery 2 and forward there is no any advantage at all. If anyone wants it I can give away my Mastery 1 crown Emoji_Kobalt.png. I doubt I'll use any of those Mastery crowns. I was playing and competing for fun.

Beside, most of the mastery top 10 are are also on regular Trials leaderboard as well.  

So try that challenge, Ally babe Emoji_FlyingTNT.png

@UnarmedReaper07 quote:

@ally quote:

@UnarmedReaper07 quote:

Wow, on the playtester part. Also, the whole "group" thing is such "bull". Not everyone has an elite  squad of players like the " A Team". (lol) This "Top 10" leaderboard thing reminds me of before when Destiny didn't have Trials bounties. It was for the elite and then they added bounties so that more players could actually play it and earn stuff. Why can't we get "Mastery dailies/weeklies" then? This would get people to play Mastery even after completing it.

Took me until Tuesday evening to complete C2 mastery.

The main reason for many taking time to complete is not being able to see games in progress, which I hope Trendy will patch ASAP.

I know Juicebags and Omni run it together and Gobu, Mama and their crews, that's all fine with me.

I'd like a few tweaks to it just to remove the annoyances but the actual running of the 'race' to be first is fine for many, I would probably have a go too if I didn't have so much on in RL.

btw... that Mastery crown looks unlikable for my taste...I would prefer more something like this.... 

9d6dc61864243a2b7ba09818a8a76892--sunflo or this ...

crown-thorns-562c5f24bd9001f64ba405db1b1

[[166314,users]] 

@Paloverde zfogshooterz quote:

@Lawlta quote:

Mastery III:  Prove Your Mastery should be automatic :)

Always happy to answer your questions, you're a great community member to have :)

Cool! I'll compete for that and so on as the internet, for me, at a certain time is not strong enough to update. Thanks for answering. You're a cool manager too :)

Whoa I now know what you mean now! Mastery 2 has started! I'm too late again! But no problem, I'll be back for mastery 3!

I'll have to rectify what I've said, unfortunately. I will not be able to compete for the leaderboards due to my internet rations decrease. So the next two or so chaos tier I won't be competing but hopefully I will be back for chaos 5 or 6.

@Nefhith quote:

So, only 10 people per platform can get the rewards?

Yep, the ten most elite players.

That is... pretty ***ty, to be honest.

So, "hello, so, we're going to spend time on a game that needs some urgent patches asap to give a reward to a diminute fraction of the players, also, they're known playtesters/exploiters so good luck surpassing them, k? bye".

I guess I'm off to wait for the next patch, then. Nothing a "regular" player can get profit from.

weird thinking..... one would expect you would play any game for fun ogre.png

@Nefhith quote:

@Nefhith quote:

So, only 10 people per platform can get the rewards?

Yep, the ten most elite players.

That is... pretty ***ty, to be honest.

So, "hello, so, we're going to spend time on a game that needs some urgent patches asap to give a reward to a diminute fraction of the players, also, they're known playtesters/exploiters so good luck surpassing them, k? bye".

I guess I'm off to wait for the next patch, then. Nothing a "regular" player can get profit from.

@MamaTata quote:

You're right. I also like being treated equally as any other player, and having a fair chance of getting the same as anyone else.

One-time rewards to 10 people per platform is a bad decision. Especially if some these 10 people have access to challenges before anyone else, giving them time to prepare strategies and find any way to work around the limitations.

You can bet anything Juicebags, Mama, Pandynator, Sidewalkhero, Dreamanime and Zombie will be on the next one, and the next one, and the next one... and so on. Out of those, tell me which ones don't have playtesting accounts.

more than half....  but you're missing a point of playing games in the first place 

@Nefhith quote:

@MamaTata quote:

You're right. I also like being treated equally as any other player, and having a fair chance of getting the same as anyone else.

One-time rewards to 10 people per platform is a bad decision. Especially if some these 10 people have access to challenges before anyone else, giving them time to prepare strategies and find any way to work around the limitations.

You can bet anything Juicebags, Mama, Pandynator, Sidewalkhero, Dreamanime and Zombie will be on the next one, and the next one, and the next one... and so on. Out of those, tell me which ones don't have playtesting accounts.

In hindsight, maybe Trendy should have made it, so you could only earn a spot in top 10 once... 

The whole thing is a bit unfair to be honest. Very few people can sit 6+ hours in one sitting without a care about real life stuff. I know I can´t. I might have a chance this Saturday though, but probably not in one sitting. 

I don´t think being playtester grants any real advantages to Mastery or the game as a whole. People with advantages are those with many hours under their belt. They are the ones who know everything about the game. Me included, and I´m no playtester. I´ll be in top 10 the day I can sit 6 hours straight with no interruptions, believe you me.

If the whole "fun" thing is going towards Mastery, then are you kidding me? Mastery is even worse then Destiny "Trials".

* Also, real exciting seeing almost the same players in the top 10 every week......................................

Nice to know you get excited with such things..... kinky skeleton.png

@UnarmedReaper07 quote:

If the whole "fun" thing is going towards Mastery, then are you kidding me? Mastery is even worse then Destiny "Trials".

* Also, real exciting seeing almost the same players in the top 10 every week......................................

@LineDrill quote:

Give everyone who got 735 stars a " Master " title and numberless version that top 10 flair this problem will be solved.

That´s actually not a half bad idea... People who complete all stars, have definetely earned it, and they can do it in their own time.

Elandrian mentioned something special waiting those that complete all the challenges.... I'm expecting something better than these meh crowns.

@LineDrill quote:

Give everyone who got 735 stars a " Master " title and numberless version that top 10 flair this problem will be solved.

@MaJean quote:

@Faysumi quote:

I'm just up for complaining about the schedule change. I've had all of today and most of tomorrow off yet I'm at work for most of Saturday and will be out most of Sunday so this is damned messy for me, especially after I completed the previous ones on Monday so now I have no reason to play for almost an entire week despite being in the mood to do so. I know there's little reason to pander to people in my position but you're already pandering to others just because you decided to have a leaderboard for the most extreme players.

Seems kinda poorly planned to me.

Also, how many people have to ask about the 'VII backwards' thing? That's three times it's been answered in two pages.

/Minor rant over/

A lot of "I´s" in this here rant. 

M1+M2 were on Wednesdays. They changed it to Saturdays, so more people would be able to participate, due to it being weekend and all. 

Maybe you are right. We should have the event at your leisure. Maybe you could send TE your schedule, and post a copy of it in here too, so we all can plan according to your free time.squire_small.png

M.

Despite this, you haven't argued against my point that this doesn't change anything other than delay things for roughly 99% of the playerbase. I mean you can see from the other comments here that there's seemingly little reason to try for top 10, especially since it's only 10. A week of this event doesn't change anything, it's either Wednesday to Wednesday morning or Saturday to Saturday morning so nobody's missing out.

Maybe I'm just underestimating the number of people with enough free time that they can try for the top 10 but this seems like an oversight; either foresee that certain days (and time) would be better for a time attack event or do a different style of event that doesn't exclude a huge portion of the playerbase to begin with.

@Faysumi quote:

Despite this, you haven't argued against my point that this doesn't change anything other than delay things for roughly 99% of the playerbase. 

You are complaining about Wednesday becoming Saturday, so you have to have a little patience and wait 3 days to play the new tier of Mastery. 

Is that it? 

Well, that goes for all of us kiddo. We´ll survive. Chin up, from now on, they are only a week apart again;)