Sign in to follow this  
LAWLTA

Prove Your Mastery Rewards, Mastery I Winners, and Updated Schedule!

Greetings Defenders,

We’re one week into Mastery and many of you have conquered the challenges that Mastery I presented you! Now we’re ready to announce what the rewards are for each tier of this event:

• New Title:  Grand Master

• New Flair:  Mastery (I-VII) Crown

DrZkoVc.png

In studio we’re watching the race and it’s a blast seeing who claims the top ten spots. Here are the top 10 spots for each platform:

Steam

oi9pio2.png

PS4

vbNsoGF.png

Xbox

G6cs28k.png

We’re ecstatic that Mastery received a very positive reception! A majority of you enjoy the challenge it brings, and by overcoming these challenges you’ll be ready for what’s next. We received one specific bit of feedback about the ‘Prove Your Mastery’ progression event  the time it starts. Mastery II starts at 9 AM EDT on Wednesday, but the following Mastery unlocks (III through VII) begin on Saturday at 9 AM EDT of their respective weeks. Here’s the unlock schedule:

• Mastery I:     October 11th  (COMPLETE!)

• Mastery II:    October 18th (Started)

• Mastery III:   October 28th

• Mastery IV:   November 4th

• Mastery V:    November 11th

• Mastery VI:   November 18th

• Mastery VII:  November 25th

Changing start times heats up the competition and allows more players to participate! The events start at the same time, 9 AM EDT, and end exactly one week after they start at 9 AM EDT. Mastery II is the exception, it will last 10 days while we make a change to our schedule.

We’re looking forward to the next iterations of the progression event and see who rises to the top each week! Mastery is a permanent game mode, so while the progression events to celebrate the unlocks end, you will be able to progress through each Mastery tier at your own pace.

Rise to the challenge and conquer Mastery!

The Dungeon Defenders II Team

Hey [[166314,users]], good news.

Managed to play one, now I have to go to work.

I noticed that crit chance is still limited to 10%

How are Ascension points distributed for Mastery II?

I´m pretty pissed off we didn´t get a heads up on the time. I only saw that the competition had started when it was already 40 mins too late.... I might as well just not even try this week... 

@Paloverde zfogshooterz quote:

So the rewards will be the Grand master title each week and a chaos crown for each chaos tier? :D

@Lawlta, haha, is the crown backwards? squire_small.png

Just like that for the concept art to not set an expectation of color (could change for VII), but made to show what three roman numerals would look like inside the circle.

@MaJean quote:

I´m pretty pissed off we didn´t get a heads up on the time. I only saw that the competition had started when it was already 40 mins too late.... I might as well just not even try this week... 

We posted in the update notes that it'd be at 9 AM EDT on Wednesdays. You should still try though, could possibly break through to top 10 (people always get stuck, gives you a chance to rise up)! :)

This is an image of the update note section. Specifying because it looks so similar posting it here.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

dNOAiyr.png

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We just announced today that with Mastery III-VII we'd be moving it to Saturday 9 AM EDT.

@Lawlta quote:

So the rewards will be the Grand master title each week and a chaos crown for each chaos tier? :D

@Lawlta, haha, is the crown backwards? squire_small.png

Just like that for the concept art to not set an expectation of color (could change for VII), but made to show what three roman numerals would look like inside the circle.

I see. But each week's rewards is a crown flair based on each chaos tier, right? Just making sure :)

Mastery III:  Prove Your Mastery should be automatic :)

Always happy to answer your questions, you're a great community member to have :)

@Lawlta quote:

Always happy to answer your questions, you're a great community member to have :)

Cool! I'll compete for that and so on as the internet, for me, at a certain time is not strong enough to update. Thanks for answering. You're a cool manager too :)

@Lawlta quote:

Cool! I'll compete for that and so on as the internet, for me, at a certain time is not strong enough to update. Thanks for answering. You're a cool manager too :)

Whoa I now know what you mean now! Mastery 2 has started! I'm too late again! But no problem, I'll be back for mastery 3!

@Hom-Sha-Bom quote:

Sad this is literally impossible for any new players to achieve.

I partially agree with you.  It is very sad that not every player can participate in the event.  Events should encourage participation from the entire community.  But having the race for top 10 for pure cosmetics is fine to me.  Just don't call it a full blown event that spans 7 weeks.

@lekkin007 quote:

@Hom-Sha-Bom quote:

Sad this is literally impossible for any new players to achieve.

I partially agree with you.  It is very sad that not every player can participate in the event.  Events should encourage participation from the entire community.  But having the race for top 10 for pure cosmetics is fine to me.  Just don't call it a full blown event that spans 7 weeks.

I used to host events for Trendy on the Xbox 360 for around two and a half years and pretty much everyone could win them. They were fun and no one ever had any complaints about them. This event however is for elite players with elite teams and is no fun what so ever. I've been reading many complaints about Mastery on this forum. Why couldn't the other players past top 10 get a flair or maybe a title? A paper crown flair maybe or a title that says "Top 100 Mastery" or something.

I'm just up for complaining about the schedule change. I've had all of today and most of tomorrow off yet I'm at work for most of Saturday and will be out most of Sunday so this is damned messy for me, especially after I completed the previous ones on Monday so now I have no reason to play for almost an entire week despite being in the mood to do so. I know there's little reason to pander to people in my position but you're already pandering to others just because you decided to have a leaderboard for the most extreme players.

Seems kinda poorly planned to me.

Also, how many people have to ask about the 'VII backwards' thing? That's three times it's been answered in two pages.

/Minor rant over/