Would like to give my thanks for delivering such a good update. However, in my opinion considering that the Mastery is more of a race to most Defenders, it has come to mind that it cannot be a race for some of those who wants to be titled in Top 10.

I say this because since each new tier of Mastery currently starts on the Wednesday, some Defenders cannot participate in this competitive race to get Top 10, simply because they're at work. I have been paying attention to the leaderboards of Top 10, from Wednesday to the end of the weekend. From my perspective I have noticed how the leaderboards have been filling up and scores continuously rising each 15 minute update of the leaderboard when the Friday hits.

This means that more players are able to play, and compete when Friday - Sunday arrive. Now, for me I wouldn't call this Challenge a race at all because since another tier is being released each week at the same time, during weekdays on the same day, its most likely the group/person who got into the amazing Top 10, will most likely get there the next week. 

Now since people are obviously working on the Wednesday, it is more of a small race between those who actually can play Dungeon Defenders II rather than everyone being able to play at the same time. 

Now I know that people do work on Friday's - Sunday's, however I have also researched and found out that a very high percentage of people work during the weekdays, whereas on the weekends, a very much smaller percentage work on the weekends, JUST like the Trendy Staff, who do not work on weekends.

Now obviously since the Trendy Staff do not work on the weekends, it will be a hassle trying to fix anything which may have occurred during the Mastery if it was on the weekend. 

So I am writing merely a suggestion which WILL make the Mastery Challenge seem more like a race and be slightly more fair to the Defenders who have to work during the weekdays - If the Chaos 2 Mastery Challenge goes flawlessly, without any bugs being reported, move the Tier Release to some time during Friday - Sunday.

This is more suitable because more people are most likely able to play, and actually compete instead of having to wait several hours to start the mastery and be way behind, and then result in having no chance of becoming Top 10.

Also since there was no bugs to be reported in the previous Chaos Release, in this case Chaos 2, there is a very tiny chance of one popping up in the future Chaos Mastery Tiers, so it is suitable.

Btw it is a cool update. :)

They could also give us a whole week to finish, and rank us according to accrued gametime when we cross the finish line, that be any day of the week.

[[176683,users]] although I do agree, there are many more variables to discuss.

For example you do not mention the time difference, because 9am EDT for some places is 5pm or 1am. So it is not fair for them either. 

And if we take in account the server maintenance time this could shift a few hours, making it a lot more suitable and biased towards players from the US in those hours and days.

So it is not a perfect system.

For example, when Chaos I mastery hit on Wednesday, I was waiting for the server maintenance, server maintenance ended around 6pm my local time, I played 2-3 matches, then went to work, and returned 10-11pm and played till 5am.

Of course I won't be bale to do this all the time, and I won't be be able to have such free time every wednesday. 

I think the most fair solution would be to track when a player starts playing on a specific mastery, and when they collect all starts from that difficulty, so end time-starttime=total time needed to complete.

Although I am not sure, who gets awarded for top 10 places? Is it first 10 every week? Or first 10 that reach 735? So it makes no need to play each week to reach first 10 just be able to have 630 before last week and then go all in on last week?

@MaJean quote:

They could also give us a whole week to finish, and rank us according to accrued gametime when we cross the finish line, that be any day of the week.

This is my feeling too. If it was based on how long it took to complete regardless of who finished it day 1, it would be the fairest imo. Some people might only be able to play a couple of hrs a day, others with time differences etc. No matter what day of the week or time of the day the update is released making it a straight race to complete will be unfair to someone. Make it like other leaderboards and if it took you 7 hours total to complete even if split amongst different days would still be better than 12 hrs over the same day. Not that I expect to ever be in the exclusive top 10, but I would like to see a system that is fairest for everyone regardless of their daily schedule.

I think it's a funny meme how Trendy's (apparently) going to post the top 10 players each week and give them exclusive rewards and then recycle mastery mode's rewards every few months as if mastery mode is a HUGE, special event that we've all been waiting years for. Test your character's abilities! Enter the competition! Fight to become the best! Win shiny, exclusive prizes! Get fame and prestige! Can you handle the challenge?

lol.

should not put the cart before the horse imo

this update shouldve come out in 2020