Sign in to follow this  
Random Asian

Cosmetic Weapon skins. We need it.

Fashion is the TRUE Endgame. As of right now we have Hero Skins, Pet Skins, Tower Skins, plus new types of Cosmetics so you can wear masks, wings(fingers crossed for capes in future), and a glowing aura below your feet. We're still missing Weapon skins. It kills my fasion sense when I want to look on Fire but stuck wielding a Grass Sword. It hurts me inside when I want to wield a Wooden Sword but it means I have to equip that Grey Rarity item. So many current Weapon Models ingame that we're not willing to use because of how great having a Legendary is and how small the pool of Weapon Models for Legendary there is. There are also unique cosmetic weapon designs in the Cover Art for Hero Skins  but we don't even get to see it ingame (._.)

So you want similar system as Transmogrification in Diablo 3. It can work with normal weapons but it shouldn't work with unique weapons because they have unique shards or attack style.You must use meowmere to shot rainbow cats.

I honestly prefer weapons to be loot based........'cause this game is a loot based game. And I think legendary stuff is still the coolest as I enjoy grinding for them back in the days of NM4. 

I personally think that weapons & loot should not be spoon-fed, it's better to grind for them.

I would prefer if they make some of those low tier (and good looking) weapons into higher tier.... legendary bamboo pole for example Emoji_Monk.png

I'd be totally on-board with a system where you can destroy an item, for a gold or medal fee, to "store" its cosmetic appearance, and then pay to apply that appearance to a weapon of the same type.

For example, when I'm feeling like summer swim trunks Squire, I'd love to rock a wooden sword (basically a plank) and the seashell shield, and I'm more than happy to pay to apply that appearance to a weapon and shield I'd actually use.

I agree with OP. When I pay good money for hero skins, I don´t want the look ruined by weapons that doesn´t exactly "blend well" with the rest of the outfit, to put it mildly.

DDE had transmogrification in it, so it can certainly be done.

At least the Adept doesn't have this issue. I use the Legendary Black Magic staff for her, which is just sexy af.

How about weapons being included in the skins? And if you want to be geared up but don't want to ruin the look, we could have new blank weapons that does not affect the cosmetic but having stats. That way we could have weapon cosmetic but still loot based. 

Just my idea. If it's agreeable, I could put this idea into detail in another thread.

@KnowsNoLimits quote:

At least the Adept doesn't have this issue. I use the Legendary Black Magic staff for her, which is just sexy af.

Hat or no hat?

@MaJean quote:

@KnowsNoLimits quote:

Hat or no hat?

I use her premium skin.

She looks more serious business and less goofy.

Also I don't know if Trendy will confirm this or not,  but I swear that black magic staff is a throw back to DD1's Ancient Dragon reward for the apprentice. That's the first thing I thought of when seeing it for the first time.

@KnowsNoLimits quote:

@MaJean quote:

@KnowsNoLimits quote:

Hat or no hat?

I use her premium skin.

She looks more serious business and less goofy.

Also I don't know if Trendy will confirm this or not,  but I swear that black magic staff is a throw back to DD1's Ancient Dragon reward for the apprentice. That's the first thing I thought of when seeing it for the first time.

She does look a little Harry Potterish in the default skin... yeah, that weapon is nice though! 👍

@MamaTata quote:

I would prefer if they make some of those low tier (and good looking) weapons into higher tier.... legendary bamboo pole for example Emoji_Monk.png

I always knew you were a classy lady!Emoji_WarBoar.png