Sad to say Mastery isn't doing it for me

@theProdigy quote:

Misinformation? Give me what you are smoking please. That wasn't misinformation, that was talking about what we already have on the current patch........................... Maybe you meant to quote someone else?

Hmmm... let me check...

@theProdigy quote:

Also, the "end-game" content that does nothing but makes you play the chaos tiers all over again with low level gear. If I wanted to do that, I would make a new account.

Nope, that was definitely you that called mastery mode "end-game". Mastery isn't the end game. People in Chaos 1 can start doing mastery. I don't know any definition of end game which fits that.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

TRENDY!!!!! GET RID OF THIS!!!!!!!! NO ONE IS PLAYING!!!!! I CANT FIND A DECENT PUG!!!  

I digress

I keep trying to play the mastery maps and it just makes me so mad...  It's like the mobs hit harder and my defenses are destroyed by pigeon feathers...  After 10 attempts on several different maps, it totally saps all the fun out of DD2 Not really tripping on "end game:" content, just want to have fun playable content.  Finding other players has become a chore   I guess everyone is watching Mr. Juicebags mastery runs but it almost seems like he's playing a different game. 

It's so not fun anymore... 

@dischilln quote:

TRENDY!!!!! GET RID OF THIS!!!!!!!! NO ONE IS PLAYING!!!!! I CANT FIND A DECENT PUG!!!  

I digress

I keep trying to play the mastery maps and it just makes me so mad...  It's like the mobs hit harder and my defenses are destroyed by pigeon feathers...  After 10 attempts on several different maps, it totally saps all the fun out of DD2 Not really tripping on "end game:" content, just want to have fun playable content.  Finding other players has become a chore   I guess everyone is watching Mr. Juicebags mastery runs but it almost seems like he's playing a different game. 

It's so not fun anymore... 

There is a steep learning curve in the masteries, where you just need to learn which towers to use and how to equip them.  I had a ton of trouble at first and thanks to some suggestions of others on the board I'm now on track to finish C2 mastery and have the shard.  Here are some things I learned that may help you do better: we are still capped on ascension levels at 0, so there is only 10% crit chance unless you use the crit strikes shard, therefore you should be focusing on defense power over defense crit damage with your shard and relic choices; when you can't upgrade defenses, use defenses with higher base cost since these have poor upgrade scaling but better initial damage; Squire cannon ball's with a totem, vampiric empowerment, and both stun shards work very well as barricades on maps where you can't place blockades; defenses have different power and crit damage scaling, so which defenses are good actually shifts from the meta you are probably use to (for example, ramsters are very powerful in C2 mastery).