Sign in to follow this  
Nefhith

Hyper shards

I don't want to be *that guy* complaining about stuff before it's released, but...

Each type of these shards will only be earned one time, and don’t worry — you can’t sell them.

Sounds like a horrible idea to give some of the items that clutter inventory the most, and make them unsellable.

You can only ever get one of each specific shard, and cannot earn more than one. Making them sellable would have them impossible to regain :( .

I think the issue is that we already have inventory clutter, and if you're not actively using one of these shards, it's a permanent piece of clutter until you put it on a piece of gear.

Some folks like me are already using random "bad" Legendaries to hold 3 shards just to save on space (and I have max bags, mind you!)

I've read that, but I assume you will still only be able to equip each once on a single piece of gear, which means we will still need other shards.

I am very excited to see all of this.  I am hoping it brings the PDT back (somewhat).  I miss green explosions!

the idea of only getting 1 shard only once, ever. Is bad. In a game where we have multiple chars, even of the same type of char, such as apprentice and adept, or people who have 2 squires or whatnot. How is it fair we only get 1 of these shards? we have other chars we gotta gear up. And I do not feel like constantly unequipping the shard and switching it around every time i wanna swap characters.

@Jojozityjo quote:

the idea of only getting 1 shard only once, ever. Is bad. In a game where we have multiple chars, even of the same type of char, such as apprentice and adept, or people who have 2 squires or whatnot. How is it fair we only get 1 of these shards? we have other chars we gotta gear up. And I do not feel like constantly unequipping the shard and switching it around every time i wanna swap characters.

It sounds like the shards are set in a certain mastery or challenge.  So we won't miss out on them.  I am one of those that doesn't have 5 Mystics or 5 Lavamancers - we have heard of several times how multiple defenses of a type can be amazing!  However, I think we'll see of the end of those days in the near future (which won't be a bad thing).

@Jojozityjo quote:

This doesn't sound bad at all. We should have to sacrifice something in order to get something better. It shouldn't be "I have 32 of these shards get on my level." 

I'm kinda curious if Trendy has made it so you can't accidently sell a relic/gear if a hyper shard is equipped to it xd. Atm we can still sell stuff with shards equipped if we dont notice the message, so I hope these shards will prevent accidental loss through selling the equipment.

@dizzydiana quote:

I'm kinda curious if Trendy has made it so you can't accidently sell a relic/gear if a hyper shard is equipped to it xd. Atm we can still sell stuff with shards equipped if we dont notice the message, so I hope these shards will prevent accidental loss through selling the equipment.

[[166314,users]] please check into this Cx

@Elandrian quote:

Fun new feature in this patch, Shards will be automatically unequipped if you sell a piece of gear.  ;)

Woot!!! finally lost way too many shards not noticing they were in something when I use sell all xd.

@whaaaah quote:

so no point to farm missing shards atm ?

You can only get one of each hyper shard and there won't be that many from what I heard, so you should probably still farm for missing shards.

I think hyper shards are a good idea, something different to work towards. Multiple of same hero shouldn't be needed so well done for forcing people away from that.

I saw something saying it  would be play once like incursions but I'm always returning to incursions for fun not purpose. Although direction is good keep it fun is the main thing.

@Elandrian quote:

Fun new feature in this patch, Shards will be automatically unequipped if you sell a piece of gear.  ;)

Nice! Now I don't have to keep unequipping shards or worry about accidentally deleting gear with the rare shards too. 

Now to think of it, I think that's how I lost my Enduring Bubble shard....

@Naythen quote:

This doesn't sound bad at all. We should have to sacrifice something in order to get something better. It shouldn't be "I have 32 of these shards get on my level." 

well see, to me, it's not a matter of "i have more of this shard so im better than you" it's more of a "i have this many of the same shard cause i have heroes who need it."

And i feel that, even if we arent people who have 5+ of the exact same hero, we are going to suffer. Cause we ARE getting the alt-genders who have a lot of the same moves/towers and we do like using both of them depending on our mood or whatnot whatever reason people would have for using both. But we only get 1 of the shard, ever. One of our heroes will have to suffer and probably become more ignored and make us feel like we wasted time on ever even bothering trying to make them equal dungeon defenders.

Example: a hyper shard for Earthshatter tower. Only get 1, so either apprentice or adept is going to be left out and sooner ignored. I personally would rather not make one of my alt-genders less powerful when i enjoy both of them. And constantly moving the shard between them when i feel like switching it up, is kind of annoying. I already have issues trying to keep track of who has this or that other shard so i can move them around when needed.(cant wait to have enough of all the shards to appropriately gear out each of my chars so i dont have to swap around shards anymore)

@Jojozityjo quote:

@Naythen quote:

well see, to me, it's not a matter of "i have more of this shard so im better than you" it's more of a "i have this many of the same shard cause i have heroes who need it."

And i feel that, even if we arent people who have 5+ of the exact same hero, we are going to suffer. Cause we ARE getting the alt-genders who have a lot of the same moves/towers and we do like using both of them depending on our mood or whatnot whatever reason people would have for using both. But we only get 1 of the shard, ever. One of our heroes will have to suffer and probably become more ignored and make us feel like we wasted time on ever even bothering trying to make them equal dungeon defenders.

Example: a hyper shard for Earthshatter tower. Only get 1, so either apprentice or adept is going to be left out and sooner ignored. I personally would rather not make one of my alt-genders less powerful when i enjoy both of them. And constantly moving the shard between them when i feel like switching it up, is kind of annoying. I already have issues trying to keep track of who has this or that other shard so i can move them around when needed.(cant wait to have enough of all the shards to appropriately gear out each of my chars so i dont have to swap around shards anymore)

Usually you don't swap shards, you swap relic with all shards in it. And you don't move 4 relics, becose 1 hero usually uses 1-2 towers, so you move only 1-2 relics. Not that hard. But could be better.

@Elandrian quote:

Good to know, but that brings more questions: What if you're full and sell a 3/shard piece of gear? Where do these 2 leftover shards go?

If you have a full inventory and you sell an item with shards in it, they should go to the scavenger. The inventory system will be looked into after our next two updates, as it could be better.

Personnaly, I would like to have multiple of each super robot monkey team hyper force go shard, Having only 1 of each definitely reinforces their hyper ness and uniqueness.