Sign in to follow this  
Bones1505

Hero mobility

Question: which hero moves the fastest and avoids falling/ jumps the best?

Reasoning: I struggle to get from one lane to another in good timing. So far my best is monk with double jump, is there a better way to travel. I'm chaos 5 at the moment and need to heal defences and out manoeuvre assassins.

Extra: if answer to question is gunwitch, do relics still drop for her? Or is she not worth the tokens?

No-one is faster than Mystic on full appeasement.

For C5 Abyss lord is very good, and you can have a speed boost with its healing aura.

The fastest base run speed is on EVE, but why not go for tankier heroes when worrying about assassins? It sounds stressful what you do! Emoji_Kobalt.png

I tried tanking as the squire but kept falling off of the map so now I'm resorting to a jumpy monk but there has to be a better way to tank, jump and have speed.

@Bones1505 quote:

I tried tanking as the squire but kept falling off of the map so now I'm resorting to a jumpy monk but there has to be a better way to tank, jump and have speed.

Mystic is speedy and tanky, but lacks double jump unfortunately...

You could go dryad. Double jump and tanky. She has normal speed but then she has unlimited flight!

Double jump and tank, the defences look nice too. I'm on 9400 tokens so I think this may be the answer I was looking for. Thanks.

What do you mean unlimited flight?

@MaJean quote:

You could go dryad. Double jump and tanky. She has normal speed but then she has unlimited flight!

@Bones1505 quote:

Double jump and tank, the defences look nice too. I'm on 9400 tokens so I think this may be the answer I was looking for. Thanks.

What do you mean unlimited flight?

@MaJean quote:

Dryad doesn´t drop like EVE or descend like Gunwitch but flies around untill you decide to land. You can use abilities while airborne, but not your sword.

@EloquentEsquire quote:

Fun fact - her flight time is 300 seconds, so "unlimited" in the sense that most waves will never last that long, but you do drop eventually.

Ha, I did not know that:) But I never used her that much, let alone flew around enough for me to reach 300 secs of airtime, but good to know:)

Without question it's the Gunwitch.

The EV2 has the highest base run speed, but the Mystic, Lavamancer and Gunwitch are faster when fully appeased / using submerge / on her broom.

Unfortunately, Mystic and Lavamancer do not have a double jump. Gunwitch actually has 3 jumps! Since she can broom vault while on the ground then double jump in the air. Her vertical is almost as high as the EV2 while being infinitely more mobile because she can fly, hover on the spot using snipe, and cancel in and out of broom using snipe to stay in the air forever.

It's not even close. Playing as other characters feels like you are moving at the speed of molasses.

Edit: Yes the Gunwitch gets relics now. They patched it recently.

@geo981010 quote:

The Mystic is the only one who can attack at high speed, so she is my fav.

Plus her towers are awesome, which neither the GW or Lavamancer can claim :)

Lavamancer's Volcano with high +range asc skill and a range shard can cover the entire map on most zones.

It cost 100 but it will pretty much never stop attacking, projectiles going through walls and geodes shield + aoe damage and can even take care of flying mobs so need less AA and sometimes no AA at all.

@Some random guy quote:

@geo981010 quote:

The Mystic is the only one who can attack at high speed, so she is my fav.

Plus her towers are awesome, which neither the GW or Lavamancer can claim :)

Lavamancer's Volcano with high +range asc skill and a range shard can cover the entire map on most zones.

It cost 100 but it will pretty much never stop attacking, projectiles going through walls and geodes shield + aoe damage and can even take care of flying mobs so need less AA and sometimes no AA at all.

Wait.... Volcanno's can attack THROUGH geode shields?!?!?! Summoner_minimap_icon_c.png

@Kambien quote:

Wait.... Volcanno's can attack THROUGH geode shields?!?!?! Summoner_minimap_icon_c.png

Yeah with the meteor shard (forget what it's actually called).

Those things go through walls, geodes, self-checkout lines, resources, and time.

Ok, I've seen mystic, AL, lavamancer EV2, dryad and gunwitch which I think is all heroes apart from main and gender swap.

Given the aesthetics of the characters it's going to be dryad or lavamancer. One flies and the other submerges.

I'm still strongly swayed towards dryad but the volcano sounds interesting. Could that make it so I don't have to move around as much with shards?

Thanks for the responses everyone. 

Let's add the chaos 5 back into the question. I don't like standing in kill zones, best assassin dodger/slayer?

The best hero for the assassins by far would be either the adept or the abyss lord, if you're worried about falling off maps than lavamancer isn't a good go-to. His submerge speed is pretty rough to handle especially at first. Volcanoes are somewhat good but for costing 100 du, they could use a buff. I'd personally roll with dryad as she's fast, tanky, and can fly. Also all while looking good doin it!

Also, if you ever need quick answers the DD2 discord is a pretty good place to go with the help-chat and tavern. If you need anything answered about the dryad feel free to add Sophisticus on steam. 

@Naythen quote:

Also, if you ever need quick answers the DD2 discord is a pretty good place to go with the help-chat and tavern. If you need anything answered about the dryad feel free to add Sophisticus on steam. 

Thanks for this but I'm an Xbox gamer who knows this forum often helps. I don't have steam.