Sign in to follow this  
EloquentEsquire

Give Pets a Zero?

I was spending a bunch of medals on Pet Affection Boosters, cause why the heck not, to get some of my builder pets to 60 yesterday in the vain hopes that eventually they'll be useful again.

When looking at empowerment stats, I thought "eh, this is one zero away from mattering".

A lot of abilities on pets are perfectly fine, but as far as DPS of the pet itself and empowerment stats go, they're dumpsters, and Oscar has a monopoly on living in trash cans, if you believe this cease and desist letter my G4T0 got in the mail.

I'd wholeheartedly support a "band-aid" fix of just adding a 10x boost to empowerment stats in lieu of a complete overhaul of the pet system. Empowerment stats at 3000 instead of 300 at max level would instantly matter and provide some tangible benefit.

The only viable counterargument would probably be "What about c1 players progressing, a pet at max is 2.8x stronger than their relic", and my response is "So? They invested a bunch of money, pet food, and over 100 maps of time into that pet. Let them feel like they earned some power for it."

DPS on pets is a whole separate issue, and I don't particularly care how hard my pet hits with its basic attacks because Gato Fireworks more than makes up for it (whenever I remember to actually use it!)

@EloquentEsquire quote:

The only viable counterargument would probably be "What about c1 players progressing, a pet at max is 2.8x stronger than their relic", and my response is "So? They invested a bunch of money, pet food, and over 100 maps of time into that pet. Let them feel like they earned some power for it."

Except it takes like 1 minute if you got like 1500 medals to spend, or just plop down some cash on gems.

They could make it scale based on your heroes strength, but then again. That is probably more work than they got time for right now.

They should remove the towers/hero stats on pets and replace with a choice of fun passives like: 

+25% jump height 

+ 300 run speed

+ Luck (slight chance of better drops)

+Team heal (1% health regeneration for all players)

+Blockade health (10% extra health for blockades)

+ Piercing (ranged weapons pierces x enemies)

+Mechanic (repair 2 things in close vicinity of eachother simultaneously)

+Drenching (Just like the shard for weapons, but could be used to free up a weapon slot)

...and so on:)

These are good for both campaign and endgame.

@MaJean quote:

They should remove the towers/hero stats on pets and replace with a choice of fun passives like: 

+25% jump height 

+ 300 run speed

That actually would be fun! Leave the stats to gears as that's their professional........

@Paloverde zfogshooterz quote:

@MaJean quote:

+25% jump height 

+ 300 run speed

+Drenching (Just like the shard for weapons, but could be used to free up a weapon slot)

That actually would be fun! Leave the stats to gears as that's their professional........

I added one thing on the list:) I think the game would be more fun, and we could tailor it to our individual playstyle:)

I like the passives idea, but there would definitely need to be builder passives if there are no empowerment stats - because I'm almost certainly not using any of my builders in the active phase - occasionally the Mystic for giggles and the EV2 is definitely an exception, but other than that... without builder passives there would be even less incentive than there is now (which is hardly any, if any at all) for builders to have pets or to invest in upgrading one if they did.

Love the passives idea on pets.  The pets could do 5 damage for all it matters but to have passives like that would be immense!

@EloquentEsquire quote:

I like the passives idea, but there would definitely need to be builder passives if there are no empowerment stats - because I'm almost certainly not using any of my builders in the active phase - occasionally the Mystic for giggles and the EV2 is definitely an exception, but other than that... without builder passives there would be even less incentive than there is now (which is hardly any, if any at all) for builders to have pets or to invest in upgrading one if they did.

I would definetely use extra run speed and extra blockade health for a builder, but sure there could be many other passives to choose from, even more builder oriented. Only limit is Our/Trendy´s imagination:)

?id=1156182780Also, can you do something about the items for pet evolution my bag look like this and I have nothing to do with it all? on top of that I have a crap ton of pets that I feel bad selling, maybe you can make a daycare where they'll be "adopted" so I don't feel like crap selling them?id=1156182799?id=1156182799

@MaJean quote:

@Paloverde zfogshooterz quote:

@MaJean quote:

+25% jump height 

+ 300 run speed

I added one thing on the list:) I think the game would be more fun, and we could tailor it to our individual playstyle:)

That is SO much better. Freeing up shard slots for weapons is always awesome! :)

To not overpower the pets in Campaign, they can do percentage Stats like, your Pet does 50% of your damage, this can be expanded in the emporered Stats like 5% of your Defense power, or so.