Sign in to follow this  
Drithe

Terra blade vs Meowmere for Dryad.

@geo981010 quote:

Isn't one of them AP and one of them HD? So it depends on if you are using an AP or HD hero.

Personally, I don't really like the shards (fixed or otherwise) that damage based on AP but only fire off when you use your normal attack. Your normal attack needs you to stack Hero Damage, so they don't work well together: either your HD normal attack is good but the AP bonus is bad, or the HD normal attack is bad but the AP bonus is good, or they are both good and you have no health and the assassins one hit you.

You can't get every stat on an item right now, so you need to focus on either an AP or HD hero to be effective. If you really can't find any other shards to use you might as well try them, but generally you want your gear and shards to match up.

I guess everyone I use in active phase is AP then, because I tend to do crit dmg/hero health/ability power on everything since crit damage on 40% crit chance for heroes is really easy to have activating perpetually.

Meowmere also has the hidden passive of being so fun/goofy that I'm actually working on finishing up some DPS Squire and some Dryad gear just so I can run around launching cats at gobus. It's by far the best wayfarer weapon for fun, which is honestly what I'm interested in at this point. If I want to tryhard, I could just use nuke Monk or Needle Gunwitch.

I have used the Meowmere for my squire which the only AP came from the Meowmere sword as he is Health, HC, HD, and it does noticable more damage when compared to the Terra Blade which is for HD builds.

@Kambien quote:

I have used the Meowmere for my squire which the only AP came from the Meowmere sword as he is Health, HC, HD, and it does noticable more damage when compared to the Terra Blade which is for HD builds.

Yeah, the scaling on damage stats over investment in crit damage is a bit of a joke. Towers have a little more incentive to invest in damage with 10% less crit chance, but the only Hero Damage I ever have on a character is from their weapon and Ascension, because they get soooo much more from crit damage (and health is mandatory on at least a few pieces as long as roller rockets and assassins are a thing).

@EloquentEsquire quote:

@Kambien quote:

Yeah, the scaling on damage stats over investment in crit damage is a bit of a joke. Towers have a little more incentive to invest in damage with 10% less crit chance, but the only Hero Damage I ever have on a character is from their weapon and Ascension, because they get soooo much more from crit damage (and health is mandatory on at least a few pieces as long as roller rockets and assassins are a thing).

I have AP, HH, HCD on my AL and oh my Lord it's amazing.  Also have the same setup on my monk and Adept.  Adept chain lightning OP.

I can't in good conscience use the Adept because her running animation makes my eye twitch.

Sounds silly, I know, but running from place to place is like 60% of what you're doing as a dps character, and I can't stand her run.

@EloquentEsquire quote:

I can't in good conscience use the Adept because her running animation makes my eye twitch.

Sounds silly, I know, but running from place to place is like 60% of what you're doing as a dps character, and I can't stand her run.

And the initiate is an ape ;-) ;-) ;-)