Sign in to follow this  
MamaTata

Dubious weekly mission

Why would you, Trendy, giving us a weekly mission (Bastille incursion.... chaos 7) that majority of players can't deal with. Please rethink daily and weekly missions one way or another. Cheers monk_small.png

Agreed.

I have done the incursion before and it's easy, but I recently got another friend back into the game and I have been helping her through the painful ipwr gear up manipulation. Since you know I can't trade her any gear to help her get started.

However this Incursion is bs. It's fine to have shared lives and what ever, but in the original Monsterfest from DD1 it let you continue as long as 1 person was alive.

It's just the other participants  could just never spawn back until it was completely over. Hardcore mode for the win.

So unfortunately there is no way to run my friend through this. Which is kind of unfortunate, because she needed this weekly to get the Adept. Oh well tomorrow she will get it.

@whaaaah quote:

tell her to join right before u finish the game

Yeah going to have to, sad that's my only option to help a friend out.

@MamaTata quote:

It's a chaos 7 incursion.... that excludes majority of players.

I actually caught the exact same issue when coming back. I came back when the Adept was released and I could see that the game was on track again more to my liking. Now what was the Incursion I was presented with?

Yeti Incursion. No way I could do that and I would never leech someone's game for a measly 600 medals.

It could have been Power Surge Emoji_Goblin.png

But yeah I agree that Bastille Master is a bit out there. The daily/weekly system is intended to get an overhaul or update but in the mean time they should just keep picking sensible weeklies. A C7 weekly feels out of place when past weeklies have been trivial stuff like crit 200 times. A C3 incursion may be reasonable but I think that would be the max.

The main threat on bastille is the limited lives, the time limit isn't that strict but 4 lives if you are carrying lower levels is tight.

You have to either create an assassin killzone and have them all congregate in that area or bathe them in arcane bubbles or abyss lord healing circle\Abyss knights to stop them dying from assassin hugs.

If the guys\gals are sensible they run with their highest health\armour hero and stay healthy.

No I understood, that it shouldn't be in there at all as a weekly.

I was just saying that, should people wish to run it for others, this is what worked for me.

what what? skeleton.png

@Fozzie quote:

No I understood, that it shouldn't be in there at all as a weekly.

I was just saying that, should people wish to run it for others, this is what worked for me.

The best answer to this is to make Incursions back to how they were in NM4 days.

Allow picking the difficulty, so you can play any of them on whatever CT version. The Incursions are supposed to be slightly harder than just normal maps of that difficulty, so have the medals + loots + XP + gold + shards at least balance out to CT rewards. 

You can make the Wayfarer only unlock the weapons when you beat them at a certain difficulty or higher, so that doesn't really change.

Make Incursion versions of Betsy and Harbinger, and for the really fast maps (Harbinger and Demon's Lair) change them up so they are not so fast to farm. Lots of ways to do that, but if the Incursions were harder and took just as long to run as CT maps there isn't any reason to reward you less for them.

The Incursions were the most fun way to run NM4. I think the best Incursions (Yeti, Bling King, Bastille, Halloween Special, Demon's Lair) really elevated the fun factor, and it is a shame that they are all locked difficulty maps that you aren't supposed to play more than once.

This would also solve the daily quest problems, so besides Onslaught 2.0 and other endgame modes I would put some change to this very high in the queue.

that's not the point of this thread but yes, incursions should be reworked to their previous glory 

@geo981010 quote:

The best answer to this is to make Incursions back to how they were in NM4 days.

Allow picking the difficulty, so you can play any of them on whatever CT version. The Incursions are supposed to be slightly harder than just normal maps of that difficulty, so have the medals + loots + XP + gold + shards at least balance out to CT rewards. 

You can make the Wayfarer only unlock the weapons when you beat them at a certain difficulty or higher, so that doesn't really change.

Make Incursion versions of Betsy and Harbinger, and for the really fast maps (Harbinger and Demon's Lair) change them up so they are not so fast to farm. Lots of ways to do that, but if the Incursions were harder and took just as long to run as CT maps there isn't any reason to reward you less for them.

The Incursions were the most fun way to run NM4. I think the best Incursions (Yeti, Bling King, Bastille, Halloween Special, Demon's Lair) really elevated the fun factor, and it is a shame that they are all locked difficulty maps that you aren't supposed to play more than once.

This would also solve the daily quest problems, so besides Onslaught 2.0 and other endgame modes I would put some change to this very high in the queue.

@MamaTata quote:

that's not the point of this thread but yes, incursions should be reworked to their previous glory 

@geo981010 quote:

I wasn't trying to thread hijack - I agree Bastille isn't a good weekly mission for anyone not in CT7 who are the people most likely to need those medals.

But fixing the Incursions takes care of this problem in addition to the the daily quest problem and the lack of content problem for all CTs, so I view it as a suggestion for them to fix the problem and not really off topic.

@geo981010 quote:

Exactly what I was talking too! Incursion was actually pretty fun during the NM4 days.

@Fozzie quote:

The main threat on bastille is the limited lives, the time limit isn't that strict but 4 lives if you are carrying lower levels is tight.

You have to either create an assassin killzone and have them all congregate in that area or bathe them in arcane bubbles or abyss lord healing circle\Abyss knights to stop them dying from assassin hugs.

If the guys\gals are sensible they run with their highest health\armour hero and stay healthy.

Agreed to that too. I was trying to carry a player that has around 400 armor in each piece (I know that's ridiculous and I'm never going to try that again), at first by making a kill zone consisting of a Flamethrower and a Frostbite. Didn't work. Next I tried a killzone consisting of 7 cannonballs and a Skyguard. Failed miserably. So I gave up after that, realizing that it's impossible to carry a player that low in Bastille Master.

EDIT : I'm C7 geared, Cannonball is equipped with  Stun Fire and Heavy Cannonball, Frostbite is equipped with empowered Frostbit and Frosty Duet (Yes, that shard is fully upgraded and the player is standing within it's range). Maximum wave reached is wave 4. Player's maximum HP is 19K.

@Paloverde zfogshooterz quote:

@geo981010 quote:

Exactly what I was talking too! Incursion was actually pretty fun during the NM4 days.

Wonder Twin powers activated! :)

Now we just need to get Trendy on board...

@MamaTata quote:

Why would you, Trendy, giving us a weekly mission (Bastille incursion.... chaos 7) that majority of players can't deal with. Please rethink daily and weekly missions one way or another. Cheers monk_small.png

Bastille Incursion was the first map I ever did successfully in Chaos 7.  LOVED IT!  It's so extremely simplified that it ended up being a ton of fun.  Perhaps I am a glutton for punishment but I love this one.

I think we mostly agree it is one of the better incursions. But the point is that it is a terrible weekly for many players who are not at least at C6 and who probably need the medals.

Look on the bright side, it can unite the players when big bad Trendy makes us work for it. I just carried a guy with 60K health through it:)squire_small.png

@EloquentEsquire quote:

Just gotta say, if your lower level friends have the Lavamancer, it's easy peasy. Submerge the whole active phase, win.

Not saying it's elegant, but it's an option.

Nice one!squire_small.png

@geo981010 quote:

@EloquentEsquire quote:

Just gotta say, if your lower level friends have the Lavamancer, it's easy peasy. Submerge the whole active phase, win.

Not saying it's elegant, but it's an option.

If you are submerged, the Assassins will still grab you though right? At least it did a patch or two ago, and you get forced to emerge.

You can use it to heal quick, but you have to survive the mugging and have to have wasted medals on the Lavamancer :)

Assassins shouldn't be able to do that, but likely if it worked then they would go attack a core or something. I also wish the EV decoy would distract them, but it doesn't. 

Yep, this is correct.  No one is immune to assassin shut down.  Of course, if you just build a kill/stun zone (maybe with a tree or two for healing), and use someone with as high health/defense as possible (like squire or dryad), maybe you can minimize damage enough to keep a low leveled friend alive?  Perhaps the bubble is the most reliable stun, but I don't have much experience with the adept (although others in the thread indicate this might be the most viable option).