Sign in to follow this  
Pryce432

Will I ever be able to turn my view while placing defenses on xb1?

I play on xb1 and the worst part about it for me is not being able to see where  my ramsters are pointing. Will they ever add the ability to tun while placing them? Also, if there already is, I'm just an idiot.

Nope. They had that in DD1 but they left it out in DD2. Why? We will never know... Just like all the other stuff they left out for no reason from DD1

The same issue is present on PS4. I'm rather new so I expected to be able to just change camera angle with the right stick. I was sure disappointed when that didn't pan out. Though for that matter I'd like for there to be keyboard and mouse support. I can't pretend to know, but since it's already there in the Steam version of the game, I would think that could be ported over.

@LikeThatWhenIGotHere quote:

When you place them, hold the A/X button down and you can rotate them. They'll drop when you let go of the button.

Right, but the problem is if the direction you have to face to place the tower where you want it is NOT the direction you have to face to see the area it's covering, you're screwed. In other words, if you want to place your tower back in a corner or somewhere where you can't stand behind it, then you can't see where it's pointing while you're placing it.

I often play split screen co-op and ask my partner to come "be my eyes" and look where the defense is covering so I can position it just right. But when I'm playing solo, I just have to use some trial and error until I get it right. When you can't stand behind where you want your defense pointing, there's just no good way to see the area its covering while you're placing it. This is really annoying.

How hard is it to give us back the exact same camera functionality of DD1? You could stand in one spot and look at your character 360 degrees. Left stick was move character right stick was to swing the camera any angle you wanted. Camera locking is only worth having as an option at best for a game like this. 

Yeah. I don't necessarily care about getting back the same thing we had in DD1. I'm fine with it being different. But I really wish Trendy would give us a better way to see the area our towers are pointing while we're placing them. Maybe even giving us a "POV" from the tower if we hold one of the bumpers while placing or something. I don't know. I don't really care how it works. I just would like to be able to see where my towers are facing in those "can't stand behind it" situations.