Stuck in limbo moving up from Chaos 4 to 5.

Howdy all you DD2 players I've been playing for around 6 months casually. Was a huge DD1 fan back in the day on PC and PS3. I know play on PS4, solo 95% of the time for a couple of resons. Firstly i'm a very mature gamer (in other words i'm a miserable old git) and none of my friends play, secondly when I open my games up it seems I attract all the impatient players that try to start before everything is setup or all the idiots who try to place their own towers down knowing that they are subpar. I'm currently ansencion level 134 or there abouts.

Ok my main problem, i've been playing chaos trials 4 for a week now and it's easy. I can easily complete all maps with the 4 starter heroes, with my druid, lavamancer or ev2 and can build with a team of 4 and still clear it easy. I think I have got the best possible gear I can going by the equip 1 character with the highest sell price loot. All new gear I get is either lower or very simular. (The gear progression really stumped me for a long time and I was stuck in limbo for weeks at chaos 1. As there are so many different guides around alot outdated it seems that I really didn't have a clue and spent around 10,000 defender coins maxing out every new item as I was following an old guide) I think I have cracked the gear progression now as I went from chaos 1 - 4 getting upgrades along the way without the need to upgrade anything. The first time I tried chaos 5 I failed utterly and have failed miserably ever since. I have even maxed out my gear to see if that helped, nope it didn't lol. I have studied guides and watched youtube videos mainly from Mr Juice bags and Special K another PS4 player. Still I fail. I understand going from 4 to 5 is the biggest learning curve due to the guys that stun traps and those dark assassins. The dark assassins are killable using the archers water geyser for the knock up or lavamancers geyser with the stun shard or sparkle party pet perk (farmed chaos 1 for the stun fire shard 50+ times and not 1 drop, the same as the deadly strikes not 1 shard) so I don't have those 2 shards but do they really make chaos 5 that much easier, if so ill continue farming until I get some. My main problem is I can't use traps I love my Druid and EV2 and these are nullified in chaos 5. So I use PDT's, flame towers and sky guard towers which help with assassins. My marks and medalions buff my PDT's and flame towers to around 100k dps critting around 300-400k with power transfer and my spike walls have 1.78 mill hp. 

Any advice would be greatly appreciated as i'm sick of being stuck in limbo again on chaos 4 with no sign of progression on the horizon. Thank you in advance for any help and taking the time to read this mini essay. 

Hi Kohrok! Tho it's been a while since I progressed from c4-c5 I think it's still about the same. Getting a pet with the sparkle party ability is really all you'll need to help against the assassins. Also, using a hero with the bulwark and warn scarf shard equipped will also help. Another thing is making sure every piece of armor has hero health on it, as at this point on and forward, it'll be a great help to have more hero health! You wont need the range shard or stun fire, tho they are also big helps. Just get a sparkle party pet rolling your way and equip it to your primary hero.

• 4 years later...
On 9/24/2017 at 7:10 PM, kohrok said:

Howdy all you DD2 players I've been playing for around 6 months casually. Was a huge DD1 fan back in the day on PC and PS3. I know play on PS4, solo 95% of the time for a couple of resons. Firstly i'm a very mature gamer (in other words i'm a miserable old git) and none of my friends play, secondly when I open my games up it seems I attract all the impatient players that try to start before everything is setup or all the idiots who try to place their own towers down knowing that they are subpar. I'm currently ansencion level 134 or there abouts.

Ok my main problem, i've been playing chaos trials 4 for a week now and it's easy. I can easily complete all maps with the 4 starter heroes, with my druid, lavamancer or ev2 and can build with a team of 4 and still clear it easy. I think I have got the best possible gear I can going by the equip 1 character with the highest sell price loot. All new gear I get is either lower or very simular. (The gear progression really stumped me for a long time and I was stuck in limbo for weeks at chaos 1. As there are so many different guides around alot outdated it seems that I really didn't have a clue and spent around 10,000 defender coins maxing out every new item as I was following an old guide) I think I have cracked the gear progression now as I went from chaos 1 - 4 getting upgrades along the way without the need to upgrade anything. The first time I tried chaos 5 I failed utterly and have failed miserably ever since. I have even maxed out my gear to see if that helped, nope it didn't lol. I have studied guides and watched youtube videos mainly from Mr Juice bags and Special K another PS4 player. Still I fail. I understand going from 4 to 5 is the biggest learning curve due to the guys that stun traps and those dark assassins. The dark assassins are killable using the archers water geyser for the knock up or lavamancers geyser with the stun shard or sparkle party pet perk (farmed chaos 1 for the stun fire shard 50+ times and not 1 drop, the same as the deadly strikes not 1 shard) so I don't have those 2 shards but do they really make chaos 5 that much easier, if so ill continue farming until I get some. My main problem is I can't use traps I love my Druid and EV2 and these are nullified in chaos 5. So I use PDT's, flame towers and sky guard towers which help with assassins. My marks and medalions buff my PDT's and flame towers to around 100k dps critting around 300-400k with power transfer and my spike walls have 1.78 mill hp. 

Any advice would be greatly appreciated as i'm sick of being stuck in limbo again on chaos 4 with no sign of progression on the horizon. Thank you in advance for any help and taking the time to read this mini essay. 

I had the same problem and this advice helped me solve it