Sign in to follow this  
EloquentEsquire

PSA: Power Pylons, Protons, Proficiently Passing Power

Power Pylon proficiently passes power to Protons. Per some parsing of power percentages, I perceived that a peculiar and perhaps planned, perhaps unplanned, power passing transpired. Supposing that a primary Proton passes proximately to a Power Pylon, the platoon of Protons all profit perenially.

Non-alliteration version: I can't believe it took me this long to realize, but if a single node on a Proton chain is near a blockade with the Power Pylon shard, the entire chain benefits. Reason #4765 that Protons are incredibly strong right now, because incredible slows, great damage, a 25% chance to freeze, and all nodes being upgraded simultaneously just wasn't enough!

I´ve always had a thing for protons... I wanna use them, but it would mess up my fast build times for leaderboards to switch EVE into my deck, as she is not on my A chain right now... Which reminds me, we need to be able to hotswap more heroes with F1-12 during build time. 

Nice sexy alliteration btw. Reminds me of me. I did that a lot, when I used to drink.Emoji_Kobalt.png

I concur about hotswapping. The F1-F4 is a relic of being stuck with a deck of 4 for the match. Glad that we can finally bring whatever we want, but really gets annoying scrolling through all of those folks to find the one I want!

The only downside to protons is that they can't hit zappers. Otherwise, they would absolutely be my go-to defense for C7.

Also their damage scaling is incredible when you upgrade them.

Yeah, Proton Beams are lovely! Love em so much! They also proc Kobolt flyers to dive bomb into them! That is always fun to watch! No reason NOT to use them in Ch7 (unless you just don't want to) then use Adept's AA tower and then everything can freeze! Lol

Proton beams, explosive traps, and Lightning strike Auras. If all crit and are tier 5, they can reach 30+ mil dps

@gigazelle quote:

The only downside to protons is that they can't hit zappers. Otherwise, they would absolutely be my go-to defense for C7.

Also their damage scaling is incredible when you upgrade them.

Sometimes they can - the short lane in Sewers for example has a pipe over the spawner, and you start on the pipe edge and bring it to the ground and then down the lane a bit more. Its poetic to kill Zapper that way :)

But yeah - the damage for 20 DU defenses scales way too much, as DP and DCD increase by 100% base per upgrade so at Tier 5 it does 5 times the normal and crit damage of Tier 1. But with Power Transfer, the crit damage goes up 15x instead so is just crazy OP.

With the exception of Vampiric Empowerment which scales slightly with upgrades (ie my flame auras normally get 3x damage from going to Tier 5 but with VE get 3.2x), shards don't affect the upgrade ratio. I don't know why VE and sometimes PT work this way.

@geo981010 quote:

With the exception of Vampiric Empowerment which scales slightly with upgrades (ie my flame auras normally get 3x damage from going to Tier 5 but with VE get 3.2x), shards don't affect the upgrade ratio. I don't know why VE and sometimes PT work this way.

I forget who did the maths, so if they see this feel free to take the credit, but Vampiric Empowerment is acting very strangely right now and has been for a while. Some values are double-dipping for scaling purposes, which is causing Vampiric Empowerment to possibly be stronger than intended. As of this moment, Vampiric Empowerment is second only to the God-Emperor of Shards, Power Transfer. I was using 34% crit damage for a while and saw a nice little bump when switching to Vampiric Empowerment, and then that nice little bump became a very considerable one once a tower was upgraded.

Moral of the story - "Get it While It's Hot!", because it seems accidental and unintentional for sure.

@geo981010 quote:

@Kambien quote:

When slotting the PN which relic do you prefer?  Power or Crit?

Same as all offensive towers - medallion with Power Transfer. Nothing really competes with it.

Frosty Nodes is great, especially if the beam isn't upgraded. I actually use Defense Rate in there too - the DPS is a bit lower, but attacks every .38 seconds with the freeze is just really effective. 

Thanks, Geo!  I played with reflect walls a few times (making what 12 nodes??) and having the stun shard in it.  Upgrade one defense and it does massive Crit damage with very high crit relic.

It may just be me, but one downside to proton beams for me is that, if they are anywhere near where my reward chest spawns at the end, I don't get the option to open the chest - only to "examine" the proton beam.  Is there any simple way around that?

@Custer 1 quote:

It may just be me, but one downside to proton beams for me is that, if they are anywhere near where my reward chest spawns at the end, I don't get the option to open the chest - only to "examine" the proton beam.  Is there any simple way around that?

Sell the beam ;-)

@Custer 1 quote:

Generally not my beam, and the other three guys have already hit "G"...

That stinks :(  In those cases you have to find just the right angle to see the button to open option show. :(

I think it tends to be the Throne Room... and the beams don't seem to have to be that close, they must have a fairly long-range effect!  However I move around and keep trying, I keep on "examining" the beam rather than opening the chest.