any update info given out on the friday fun stream?

Nah secretive as usual. More of we can or cannot confirm what's coming. 

Instead of you know generating some actual hype.

It was mostly about Onslaught being teased as not Onslaught. If true I'm interested to see how they fixed that train wreck and my hopes that the return of survival mode with an actual achievable objective returns.

Hopefully that changes soon and we start getting more details of what to expect.

Lawlta did say that there will be an update before the end of the year. So, hopefully more details will come within the next couple of weeks. We've had Christmas themed & Halloween themed taverns before. Those were fun...especially when we got a present under the Christmas (Holiday) tree! :-)

Hopefully we get some major content update for this holiday season!

We need it long before Christmas, even before Hallowe'en

Things are very tired on the servers, you can tell no-one is talking just going through the motions, even double exp won't satisfy, as it is meaningless after a while.

I'm siting at medals cap with no incentive even to spend them.

I´m fine with waiting for a couple of months as long as the next update is bursting with content, and makes the game feel whole and meaningful. I will think of it as DD2´s real release day, when it finally comes.

But they better fix the "some towers don´t score points" - bug in the meantime, because that one is squeezing the last fun out of the game for me, while I wait.

@theProdigy quote:

Doesn't matter what the next update is, if it is not a major overhaul of the core game, it will have zero staying power.

This is really a far fetched statement.  An "overhaul of the core game" is something that is really not needed.  It needs refining, tweaking, and more synergy between unique items and/or shards and/or both.  But to rework the entire core game is exaggerated statement if not completely unnecessary approach to the game currently.  

Simply adding end game content and fixing the dryad would be great.