My suggested changes for Ballista and boost aura shards

Ballista:

1: Ballista Projectiles have a 30% chance to oil each target, slowing them by 40% for 3.3sec if hit by fire while oiled target will burn for 1,000% defense stat each second for 5 seconds.

2: Ballista now deals full damage to all targets pierced, And can now pierce an additional 3 targets.

3: Ballista has a 30% Chance to, deal 100% extra Magical damage and to detonate on each target hit dealing 900% defense power stat in a small area.

Numbers can be tweaked but this turns 5 shards into 3 viable shards.

Boost Aura
1: Increases boost auras power by 40% and boosts blockade HP by 20%

2: Enemies move at 60% within the boost aura and Enemies that die Inside the Boost Aura Detonate dealing 100% defense power in a small area around the enemy.

Turns 4 shards into 2 viable shards.

I would think these changes would not be bad.  Currently I do not think I've seen the ballista used at all.  I've played with them in the tavern to see how they perform in a controlled area, and they have always been disappointing. 

TBH, that first shard change would make a whole new interaction between FA and Ballista.  Would probably at least put the ballista on the map.

Dontchu daer tush muh splody har pewn.

Honestly though, Ballista isn't the only tower that needs some sort of shard rework. Across the board, tower-specific shards seriously underperform unless they give an amazing non-damage related effect (Frosty Beams and Earth Toss). Until the Ballista shards do more than a %chance to do %more damage, they're never gonna be competitive with something like the Power Transfer, Vampiric Empowerment, Deadly Strikes/Defense Rate/Crit Damage trifecta.

I think we need to cut back from all these "chance to do this" i want more garaunteed things in our shards,cause the game is so horrifically focused on crit like things, getting things based on chances, which means there is chances to fail, that enemies wont get the "crit thing" and get through just fine.

1: Oil should be garaunteed, and make the burn damage adjusted to fit, course it should still be a lil high cause you gotta spend extra DU still to get that part trigger.

2: That one actually sounds fine, perfect even.

3: Should be garaunteed Magic damage, like 30% more magaic dmg, and then, this is one of the accepted cases where chances is fine, the explosion can be chance to trigger, especially since the ballista pierces several targets. so exploding every time could stack up some pretty insane damage, so a chance to explode per hit would be just fine.

andi do agree that ballista definitely is not the only tower that needs its shards tweaked, almost every tower needs it.

@darksteelhyren quote:

Only shard that would make me use Ballista towers in the first place is "Unerring Shot: Ballista towers cannot be reflected by Geodes".

Also why I don't use Skeletal Archers...geodes ruin a lot

how to turn 4 boost aura shards into a single shard thats just as effective.

New boost aura shard idea: boost aura slows enemies by 1%, enemies that die within the zone have a 1% chance to do 1% of your DP as damage, boost aura's power is increased by 1% and increases the health of blockades by 1%.

Boost auras size is reduced to 1% of its current size.

@darksteelhyren quote:

Only shard that would make me use Ballista towers in the first place is "Unerring Shot: Ballista towers cannot be reflected by Geodes".

this, a thousand times this

If %100 chance to deal oil effect or explosion effect will be too OP, trendy can use this way without RNG.(they already use this for valcano)

Every X th attack oil each target, slowing them by 40% for 3.3sec.

I think this will make useful most shards.for example;

Changing Fire for effect shard's %15-45 chance to detonate twice to every 10th-3rd attack to detonate twice makes it more valid shard.

@LineDrill quote:

If %100 chance to deal oil effect or explosion effect will be too OP, trendy can use this way without RNG.(they already use this for valcano)

Every X th attack oil each target, slowing them by 40% for 3.3sec.

I think this will make useful most shards.for example;

Changing Fire for effect shard's %15-45 chance to detonate twice to every 10th-3rd attack to detonate twice makes it more valid shard.

something like that too, i dont really mind, i just think we have WAY too much focus on crit like chances, i miss the stability, the reliability of DD1, when you could calculate out your dps/cc/whatever and plan accordingly. Now everything is based on chances, and i hate it x.x

I dont mind some things being based on chance, i mean, diversity and all, but for 90% of the games functions to all be based on chance? ugh, come on x.x

Added boost arua shard changes as well being that there are too many of them that are not that great.

1: Increases boost auras power by 40% and boosts blockade HP by 20%

2: Enemies move at 60% within the boost aura and Enemies that die Inside the Boost Aura Detonate dealing 100% defense power in a small area around the enemy.