Sign in to follow this  
AussieMark

Any plans to scrap dd2?

@theProdigy quote:

@Agronic quote:

how about allowing us to you know...select multiple items in our inventory to sell instead of forcing us to sell them 1 by 1 by 1 by 1 or a full bag...give us a middleground already.

But yeah I truly hope the best for this game but at moments it feels like devs don't give a flip and only play when they play on stream.  

Just keep one bag empty at all times. When you complete a map, move your valuable loot from this bag to a different bag and sell everything else.

Or... just lock items to keep and "sell all" to the rest....

@MaJean quote:

Or... just lock items to keep and sell all else....

Yeah, I don't understand selling being the issue. When I first read it I thought maybe this person was also a compulsive inventory organizer, and moving items one-by-one when I want to move an entire bag to an entirely different bag, multiple times, gets reeeeeeeeeeally tedious.

@Woqini quote:

I will now repeat myself for the 1xx time ...

This game needs:

1: map specific loot like in DD1: Akatiti weapons, Aquanos weapons, etc.

2. Pets, same as above - Aquanos seahorses, Sky City prop cats, etc.

3. Really unique pets, and pets that actually makes a difference in combat (DPS). I still miss my Coral seahorse from DD1. He absolutely hated spiders on Mistymire Forest and killed all of them with ease. Ascension points for pets.

4. Much harder endgame stuff that rewards hardcore players for their effort with awesome unique loot.

5. Crazy challenges, like turkey hunt etc. from DD1

6. TRADING - and this is the part i miss most from DD1. Make it Ascension based. F.ex., a weapon with an ascension rating of 200 can only be traded to a person that have reached that asc. level.

This except trading should be bound to like unique drops only.  Not anything and everything.

@EloquentEsquire quote:

I think that TE has erred on the side of caution for balance a bit too much

I don't agree at all with that statement. They have never been cautious with balance changes. In fact I would say the polar opposite is true. When something was useless (PDT, WM) they buff it beyond belief and make it the most overpowered thing in the game. When something is a little too strong they nerf it into oblivion and make it unusable. When something is just about right it gets random nerfs for unknown reasons.

@Hom-Sha-Bom quote:

I don't agree at all with that statement. 

If the DD2 forums used signature lines, that should be yours. 70% of your posts are contrarian.

They've erred on the side of balance by limiting access to two particular defense stats that were easy to prioritize in DD1 that also made balance a nightmare - namely speed and range. I think my Monk was just about 10k range when I last stopped playing. One aura stack on Ramparts, if placed by the upper lane that turns, covered every lane on the map. Other maps were even easier to cover with one stack (lol Moonbase). Summoner Archers attacking faster than the attacking animation could play, Lightning Towers turning a map into a 90s rave party in Glasgow, these things were all problems from a balancing standpoint. By limiting balance to raw damage numbers without having to worry about absurd range and speed concerns, balancing is a lot easier (not suggesting it's done well), but it also removes some of the hilarious things about DD1 that were fun to see. 

@EloquentEsquire quote:

@Hom-Sha-Bom quote:

I don't agree at all with that statement. 

If the DD2 forums used signature lines, that should be yours. 70% of your posts are contrarian.

They've erred on the side of balance by limiting access to two particular defense stats that were easy to prioritize in DD1 that also made balance a nightmare - namely speed and range. I think my Monk was just about 10k range when I last stopped playing. One aura stack on Ramparts, if placed by the upper lane that turns, covered every lane on the map. Other maps were even easier to cover with one stack (lol Moonbase). Summoner Archers attacking faster than the attacking animation could play, Lightning Towers turning a map into a 90s rave party in Glasgow, these things were all problems from a balancing standpoint. By limiting balance to raw damage numbers without having to worry about absurd range and speed concerns, balancing is a lot easier (not suggesting it's done well), but it also removes some of the hilarious things about DD1 that were fun to see. 

Personally though, I think it made DD1 rather fun.  Balancing might have been a nightmare, but the players were having a ton of fun.  I personally do not think a PvE Tower Defense game needs such nitpicky balancing.  If PvP becomes a thing, then sure we will probably need balance, but honestly if I wanted to PvP I would go play a FPS or Moba.  I come to Dungeon Defenders for the PvE fun, where I can (at least in DD1) have aura stacks that cover the map or a 90s rave party with lightning towers.  And really the late game maps were pretty difficult to play at first, until builds were figured out.  Most of my initial builds on those maps while they could be successful, could also fail with those crazy Aura stacks and other such.

@EloquentEsquire quote:

Ok? Does that change the fact that Trendy has a significant history of very heavy handed balance swings? No? Ok then what's your point?

PDT used to be the #1 most useless defense in the game.

Then they buffed it way too heavily and it became the #1 most overpowered defense in the game.

Then to address how OP it was, they nerfed it, heavily, and again it became the #1 most useless defense in the game.

Then they buffed it again. And again, way too much, and it became the #1 most overpowered defense in the game again.

Then they said *** it every time we touch this thing we break it. just leave it alone and keep it OP until every single defense in the game is redone.

This is not conservative balance changes.

Funny how I've said most of these things since the Trials patch ( and even a bit before ) and I was a doomsayer and TE would make sure we would never get to this point.

I don't even have the strength nor willpower to post a Nelson ah ah! cause I'm just sad this is the state of DD2 when DD1 was such an amazing game.

Reality is subjective... in other words, it depends who perceives it. For many this is an amazing game. More is to come. Cheers.

@Elyssae quote:

Funny how I've said most of these things since the Trials patch ( and even a bit before ) and I was a doomsayer and TE would make sure we would never get to this point.

I don't even have the strength nor willpower to post a Nelson ah ah! cause I'm just sad this is the state of DD2 when DD1 was such an amazing game.

I think the idea of the game is good but how your forced to play it is what turns people off.  This goes all the way back to the hero deck debates. Players want to play the way they want. You gave them that freedom in DD1 and now you took it away. It really is that simple still. 

@MamaTata quote:

Reality is subjective... it other words, it depends who perceives it. For many this is amazing game too. More is to come. Cheers.

@Elyssae quote:

Agreed. I, too, think this is an amazing game. I have a feeling that some people are pretty biased towards DD1.

@MamaTata quote:

Reality is subjective... it other words, it depends who perceives it. For many this is amazing game too. More is to come. Cheers.

@Elyssae quote:

This, more than anything.  

The greatest problem to Trendy is the frequency of releases.  We are at or near the same pace as DD1 - which is VERY infrequent, or often VERY delayed (all time pre full release, and we're starting to see it now again), and lastly completely non-transparent.  

I think the non-transparent is what burns out people the most with Trendy in DD1 and the last years of DD2.  The hype train is certainly rainbow colored, well received, but we're not asking Trendy to tell us their 1 year, or 3, or 5, or 8 year plan.  We're asking for the next 45 or 90 days.  This is the only developer I am aware of that communicates little to nothing at all about the future, FACTS of the future, and stands on it being ok.  

That being said, I love DD2 over DD1.  Crazy as that may sound given that I own DD1 on Xbox 360, and three PCs, not to mention the money put into DD2 PRE and POST full release.  I support the game but their community managers or internally team managers must be in quagmire when it comes to transparency.

@Kambien quote:

I think the non-transparent is what burns out people the most with Trendy in DD1 and the last years of DD2.  The hype train is certainly rainbow colored, well received, but we're not asking Trendy to tell us their 1 year, or 3, or 5, or 8 year plan.  We're asking for the next 45 or 90 days.  This is the only developer I am aware of that communicates little to nothing at all about the future, FACTS of the future, and stands on it being ok.  

That being said, I love DD2 over DD1.  Crazy as that may sound given that I own DD1 on Xbox 360, and three PCs, not to mention the money put into DD2 PRE and POST full release.  I support the game but their community managers or internally team managers must be in quagmire when it comes to transparency.

I made this exact request a bit before and during Trials request. I said the exact same thing.

Transparency , communication and honesty were vital.

Yet, we're still CONSTANTLY left in the god damn dark every. SINGLE.TIME.

All we get is a "Expect more soon" "soon " "more stuff soon " "more news soon" "new stuff soon " "end game Soon"

Soon.

Soon.

Soon there will be a very small player base that actually cares and supports 'cause no one cared to actually communicate with the playerbase.

Hell, for Console we don't even get an announcement for Double XP weekends In game. How hard is that? Either at the end of a map ( 10000XP gained + 10000XP from event bonus ) wtv.

I like the game, but I cannot stop comparing it to DD1, cause as much as people deny it, It has Dungeon Defenders -2- in the name. If you wanted to do something different and break from the original, maybe you shouldn't have used the name ( I know, business perspective you use your Flagship IP to attract players and make money.).

DD1 Offered a Lot more and gave you a lot more. When you create a sequel, you expect the same level of content and volume from the first with improvements.

Not LESS content with weird balance decisions plus stupid restrictions all over the friggin place.

Years after Alpha and upon release and all we got was a crappy ascension system that broke the game and made it about grinding levels more than caring about strategy, Pet's are still worthless piece of stats ( SOON TO BE FIXED! OH JOY SOON AGAIN). No freedom of map choice, super restrictive build choices unless you grinded ASC to brute force everything, then all towers are pretty much viable. Fakk, even planting a hero on each spawn is viable by the time you can steam roll C7.

Incursions are a slap in the face and a STFU to the community 

Endless, onslaughts and actually interesting and engaging bosses are no where to be seen.

So yeah. Theres all that, but I'll say it again :

IT WAS NOT DUE TO LACK OF FEEDBACK OR WARNING FROM THE PLAYER BASE

Great thoughts, good points.  I think everyone who compares DD2 to DD1 looks through rose colored glasses.  Because DD1 three months out of the chute had barely any of the content it does now.  If you look at the history of patching it was a ton over years.  It was DLC over years to make it what it is.  

I don't disagree that DD1 as the fleshed out original that it is truly has a ton of content; however, let's be honest in the fact that at release it did not have all the content it does.

Trendy should be much more transparent.  They should take and steal and run away with a page from triple A developers on how to communicate - their community managers are great about getting things TO Trendy FROM us but all of Trendy has no intention to go FROM Trendy TO us.  It's just the way it is... how do we know?  Look at DD1, it's the exact same model.

I think out of all the pre alpha/ release games I have played subnautica has the best system of showing the base what is happening. They literally have a site that you can see who and what is being worked on and what the short and long term projects are planned to be worked on. 

I have said it before, most of the time when someone is secretive it's because they are winging it with no major plan.

This topic, whilst generating interesting discussion, is clearly not in good taste. Feel free to discuss the future of DD2 here on the forums, but avoid using such clickbaity premises.

We're working on our revamped Onslaught mode. The current ETA for this mode is by the end of this year. This is our endgame mode, and we're deep in the iteration phase of the mode. Once things are finalized, we'll be able to share details. My current guess for when we'll be able to share those details is in October. The big picture of the Onslaught revamp is an infinite (or near infinite) difficulty and reward mode -- something that should satisfy the needs of our hardcore players who ask, "What's beyond C7 to keep me interested?"

We're also working on a few extra features and changes that are based on the feedback we've received from the community. We'll be able to talk about those when we share details on the revamped Onslaught.

Your feedback does not got unnoticed. We have weekly discussions with the design team specifically about your feedback, which has led to the numerous balance changes, feature tweaks and bug fixes you see in our patches. 

I apologize for the lack of transparency. Our team is hunkered down working on these awesome changes. Once the community team has the go-ahead, it's going to be detail-a-palooza around here.

Much love,
Isom