Sign in to follow this  
[GB] n0ught

Developers | Community Developer Enquiry

Hey! I've loved Dungeon Defenders 1 since it's release when I played it on my Xbox 360 and recently I got a PC and I've already totalled over 215 hours. I've been on the forums for a while and I thought I would write this:

I'm a college student who's achieved a DM Diploma in Level 3 IT and I am doing my 2nd year now to extend it into an Extended Diploma. I plan on going to university to do game development (probably Plymouth university) and I thought since I've had experience with IDEs for over 5 years that I might offer my assistance in the community development of Dungeon Defenders! It would be an honour to work on such a game that is so close to my heart as Dungeon Defenders. I've thought about joining Trendy Ent after university for a long time now since it's such an open company about their development on their games and so this might also help me once it comes to that.

If you want to see my qualifications and work experience, you can see my CV here: http://tomnaughton.net/cv.pdf Or check out my website http://tomnaughton.net

If you want to contact me, you can email me at contact.tomn@gmail.com

I would also love to create a mobile application for the DD forums since the website is quite buggy on mobile devices. I don't know really how this website works or how easy it would be to get in contact with the network managers but I think it would be great fun to work on!

Duxter used to handle forum operations through their API.
They've closed down since last year pretty much.
I doubt much can be done here other than migrating to a new forum [won't happen coz probably not economically feasible].
Only sensible option to fix these awful forums would be to pin down important threads and create 1:1 copies of it on Steam Discussions and keep all new threads / posts on there.
Steam Discussions are free to use, have ample features and won't require any back-end maintenance.

Is there anyone specifically I should contact to discuss helping out the development of DD itself?

@Black Mamba quote:

Duxter used to handle forum operations through their API.
They've closed down since last year pretty much.
I doubt much can be done here other than migrating to a new forum [won't happen coz probably not economically feasible].
Only sensible option to fix these awful forums would be to pin down important threads and create 1:1 copies of it on Steam Discussions and keep all new threads / posts on there.
Steam Discussions are free to use, have ample features and won't require any back-end maintenance.

@[GB] n0ught quote:

Is there anyone specifically I should contact to discuss helping out the development of DD itself?

DDAce