Sign in to follow this  
Titancaster

About consecutive win streak bonus

Some thing i would like to point out that occurred with me in one session

I was busy farming for defensive crit strike on Chaos tier 2 ( CT2) and got to maybe win streak 7 or so cant remember.

Anyway, i clicked on continue to well.... continue and it took me back to tavern which then i was just disappointed. spent some time opening my chaos packs and sorting things out when i decided to just find a chaos 7 session and sneak in. played the session finished the match and all of a sudden i realised that the consecutive win streak bonus was in effect getting me to streak 8 or so ( as i said cant remember exactly) and i got the bonus chaos 7 shard, continued for 1 more session only to get it again.

started thinking maybe my streak continues so long as i win maps. tried chaos 2 in a private session and when i finished it started the streak from 1 unfortunately for me. of course i want to abuse this potential bug but i dont rly know how it works and even if i did im only ascension 130+ and i have most of the chaos 6 and below shards so only 7 is worth which i wont ever be able to do alone.

i cant help but think that had i gone into another public session it may have continued or maybe its a bug from when i was sent to the tavern instead of it continuing which i think needs to be sorted out btw.

as for the consecutive bonus, the incident that occurred with me seems a bit too overpowering but allowing players sometime to go to the tavern to reassess or sort out items in a friendlier environment whilst also being able to buy more chaos shard packs for a more all-rounded experience chaos shard pack opening to then continue with the same chaos tier you were playing before should be something worth considering. compare it to playing games too much and you need a breather to relax your mind like drink something or watch some tv, have an option to go to the tavern after every 7 chaos streaks. that would be awesome.

maybe even more xp and more shards when you do say, a streak of 15. it doesn't have to be a chaos shard of that tier, expect to be lower but prefer the same level chaos shard tier or higher once in a blue moon to give us incentive to do more consecutive maps.

yes this does sound like a bug thread but in reality alot of things are lol

let me know what you guys think about this bug and what you think should happen with consecutive win streaks

Hey hey hey! That might be a very good idea for hidden Weapons or some secret items/costmetics or even armor pieces with locked shards to won through consecutive wins. and since it's similar to Onslaught, it might actually work!

And I actually like this idea! Way better than extra shard packs.

I had this happen too I think, and under similar circumstances. Was in a public with a win streak, we won and hit continue, but ended up in tavern thinking the streak was gone. But when I started another round, my win streak was continued.

So I don't think this is a bug even if it is not intentional - this only works when a bug kills your win streak, and works to mitigate the annoyance of losing the win streak. You may still have to find a new party, but if you are shard + XP farming you don't lose much besides a little time.

I believe it matters which box you click. If you click continue and the server overload avoidance takes you to the tavern, then your streak remains intact. If you voluntarily leave, it breaks your streak. This probably is to avoid the howls of outrage that would ensue if their server overload algorithm started randomly breaking streaks.

The server overload thing was added a couple of patches ago.

oops, should have read geo's post more carefully. I guess I just added that going back to the tavern is not a bug, it's intentional.