Sign in to follow this  
Franx

General Feedback V0.1.645.3

Hi there!

I play DD2 since pre-alpha, and see the evolution on things.

Here comes my feedback for current game state, and I know, many thing will be changed in the future (I hope you will understand my crappy english)

Towers:

It's actually not that easy to talk about tower balance since some of the enemys counter entire builds, so even the strongest towes could be useless. In my opinion, weapon manufacturer needs some new weapons, and laser one needs to be buffed. Fissure of Embermount also should cost 0 DU or molten energy have to be rebalanced.

I play, in general, on my own or with friends, so i did not see broken imbalanced builds or something like that.

Items:

Items and shards are well-made, but loot system extremely lacks of rare drops. Like, legendary is not a legendary if it drops every map, I tell it every single time. Loot progression by itself is too quick, please, don't listen to those crybabies who struggles to make a good build. After last loot update I progressed from Nightmare Chaos II to Chaos IV in... 2 days. Yeah, i have lots of gold to upgrade items, but its not that important actually, gems upgrading is more important. 

My suggestions: make ultra-rare gear drops, and ultra-rare non-gear items (for example, special pets or lockless chests, may be blue gems, like, 1\1000 chance). Right now loot system is ok but you can't show off anything, everyone have legs legendaries'n'stuff. Also shards should be gone from shop, why they are even there? It makes progression even faster and boring.

Trade:

Dungeon Defenders 2 don't have trading systems, but is it good or bad? Free gear trading will ruin loot progression, but there are ways to make it smart. The best way to do is to allow trade everything exept gear, medals and gems. I bet someone would give me 50mil gold for my pre-alpha pet Emoji_LightningBug.png

But, in general, trade is not the games needs right now, there is more important stuff. Would be happy to see trades later.

Special enemys:

So many threads about them now - Siege Rollers, Geodes, Assassins, etc. 

I think the best way is to decrease numbers of them, or, even better - throw them on different lanes. Cyborks go on one lane, geodes on other, so you can manage them more effective. I don't think anything here needs direct nerf, just little adjustment on spawn. 

Quests:

Since you can't select certain maps to play on Chaos if you want to complete quests, you need to go campign and get bored or go incursion, but there is like 2 incursions for difficulty, so you need to play lower chaos, or sometimes you even can't complete weekly quest becose it is on 5+chaos level. Chaos design is good by itself, but quests should not be bound with certain maps.

Also, buffing enemys HP for every player is not a good idea since you rely mainly on you defences, not on character dps. Spawning additional mini-bosses like ogres should be better, since it's not making life of your towers worse, players use their additional dps, and as reward for multyplayer you are getting a good loot drop from it.

Overall, i enjoy playng this game, but it doen't have any end-game goal, waiting for updates, I heard you are working on it Emoji_Ogre.png