Sign in to follow this  
TSRFRED

new player question

so i just finished an incursion and a cool staff dropped "staff of the lunar portal" i think and it has the ability to summon a portal but that ability is locked , I would be so glad if someone could tell me how to unlock this effect please

I never got that weapon to drop for me, so sorry if this doesn't help.  If the weapon is like the Huntress' bow (Bling-O-Midas), you will need to max out the unlocked shard/skill.  You can max it out with defender medals or gold.

You no longer need to upgrade such 'locked' shards. They are basically 0/0 as in they come fully upgraded.

PS Once you've beaten the relevant incursion [check at the Wayfarer vendor to know which weapon is unlocked with what Incursion], you can buy the 'maximum'* weapon for 500 Defender Medals.

* Max as in what the best possible drop taking into consideration of the highest average gear stats among the four heroes in your Deck. i.e. make sure your best equipped hero is in your deck when you buy.

@Asphe quote:

You no longer need to upgrade such 'locked' shards. They are basically 0/0 as in they come fully upgraded.

PS Once you've beaten the relevant incursion [check at the Wayfarer vendor to know which weapon is unlocked with what Incursion], you can buy the 'maximum'* weapon for 500 Defender Medals.

* Max as in what the best possible drop taking into consideration of the highest average gear stats among the four heroes in your Deck. i.e. make sure your best equipped hero is in your deck when you buy.

I don't get it? I'm still upgrading my Bling-O-Midas & Shadowflame Knife.

@Paloverde zfogshooterz quote:

@Asphe quote:

Some of them are 0/0 upgrades, but yeah some of them require up to almost 600k gold or several hundred medals.

The Lunar Portal is pretty crazy - you can spend almost 1M gold to upgrade the weapon and the shard, and if you are not CT7 geared it will be trash quickly as your gear progresses. Even if you are, as soon as CT8 happens it is gone.

That Wayfarer should be selling  Snake Oil too...

@geo981010 quote:

@Paloverde zfogshooterz quote:

@Asphe quote:

Some of them are 0/0 upgrades, but yeah some of them require up to almost 600k gold or several hundred medals.

The Lunar Portal is pretty crazy - you can spend almost 1M gold to upgrade the weapon and the shard, and if you are not CT7 geared it will be trash quickly as your gear progresses. Even if you are, as soon as CT8 happens it is gone.

That Wayfarer should be selling  Snake Oil too...

The only weapon that I know that has 0/0 upgrade is the Tsunami Bow - Jester. 

And wow!, did not know that the Lunar Portal Staff was that crazy!