Sign in to follow this  
YW887

I can't progress

I'm on my main accounts in chaos 2 at the moment, but I can't make the jump to chaos 3. I'm ascension 60 and I've been grinding chaos 2 till I can't get better loot out of it. I use Dryad as my main builder and fighter. 

@YW887 quote:

I'm on my main accounts in chaos 2 at the moment, but I can't make the jump to chaos 3. I'm ascension 60 and I've been grinding chaos 2 till I can't get better loot out of it. I use Dryad as my main builder and fighter. 

Try using one hero as builder and one as fighter. This way, you can spend you ascension points on towards one or the other on those heroes. You could even make a second dyrad for this if you wanted.

Sometimes progress can be slow...

Back when I played through, I sometimes could only beat a few waves, then search for upgrades and progress a little further. Some maps are also harder than others. Maybe find one you can beat easier.

Mix up building strategies and don't get stuck on one hero as they aren't always the best for every situation.  Dryad is a good hero, I always have her in deck but (imo) shes a burst hero, her damage is rather low in melee.  Try using different heroes for different purposes.

Take advantage of your deck, use all you have available.  Try different towers and different placements.

I feel like it's much more rewarding to solo figure it out slowly. You'll learn what works and what doesn't, and get familiar with towers. If you put in the effort you will figure it out and it'll be that much better when you win.

@YW887 quote:

What kind of stats are you getting?

In Chaos 2, you should be able to get Blue Relics with a gold value of 140. If you are not close to that, you should look at one of the guides for how to get your loot to progress. Basically, keep replacing stuff as much as possible and it should be pretty fast.

If you have close to top level gear, then that is good and you just need to work on the builds. Ascension 60 is very useful (you will want +20% chance on Def Crit Chance on your builders), and it is just a question of the right strategy for the level. Chaos III has geodes, so you don't want to use towers that shoot projectiles like cannonballs and harpies. Do hornets bounce off the shields too? Juicebox has some great videos if you need some more hands on tips.

Here are some links that might help - good luck!

https://dungeondefenders.com/2/topic/145584/dd2-new-player-links

If you have EV the use a triangle shaped proton beam (/\) at the start of each spawn.  Put a flame aura over it, and a flame aura at your walls.  Put up a Sgt at each flyer lane.  Use all remaining DU on putting more flame auras down each lane.  At 60 Assention make sure you have 20/20 def CRIT chance. 

This will get you threw C1,C3,C4, and C7. C6 also but you will need to replace a few auras with reflect walls.  

@Sp3cialk304 quote:

If you have EV the use a triangle shaped proton beam (/\) at the start of each spawn.  Put a flame aura over it, and a flame aura at your walls.  Put up a Sgt at each flyer lane.  Use all remaining DU on putting more flame auras down each lane.  At 60 Assention make sure you have 20/20 def CRIT chance. 

This will get you threw C1,C3,C4, and C7. C6 also but you will need to replace a few auras with reflect walls.  

I don't have Ev2 unfortunatly. What else will work? 

In Chaos 2, you should be able to get Blue Relics with a gold value of 140. If you are not close to that, you should look at one of the guides for how to get your loot to progress. Basically, keep replacing stuff as much as possible and it should be pretty fast.

If you have close to top level gear, then that is good and you just need to work on the builds. Ascension 60 is very useful (you will want +20% chance on Def Crit Chance on your builders), and it is just a question of the right strategy for the level. Chaos III has geodes, so you don't want to use towers that shoot projectiles like cannonballs and harpies. Do hornets bounce off the shields too? Juicebox has some great videos if you need some more hands on tips.

I have 2.7k relics, my armor all legendary and can be sold for +-300. But I've been doing it all wrong. I've been using my one character as a hybrid. I'm making another Dryad for buider. But I have a question. What should I level first in defence category? I also don't know what the best dryad defence is.

@YW887 quote:

I have 2.7k relics, my armor all legendary and can be sold for +-300. But I've been doing it all wrong. I've been using my one character as a hybrid. I'm making another Dryad for buider. But I have a question. What should I level first in defence category? I also don't know what the best dryad defence is.

One character as a hybrid is harder, especially with low Ascension. For any builder, you pretty much need 20 points in utility to get the +20% Def Crit Chance. That alone can easily add +50% to your tower DPS, and much much more in some cases.

Your DPS char wants the +20% Hero Crit Chance too, so until you have 120 Ascension you really want to avoid hybrids in Trials. 

That being said, Chaos II should get you up to over 3.5k stat relics. Having 30% less DP/DCD and 30% less DS means your towers are only doing about half the damage of relics with those stats.

The loot drop system is problematic right now, and while Trendy is planning on making changes right now many players get stuck where they aren't getting better loot and can't progress. And I think you are having the same issue. 

Your loot drops depend on how the average Item Power of your "best" character in deck, but you can't exactly tell what loot is best since the Item Power is an invisible stat now. The trick is that you should always get slightly better gear than what you currently have, so just have 1 character in deck as a mule. The mule doesn't need shards or pets or relics (but old relics will bring your average down), but every wave just keep equipping newly dropped items and you should progress.

A legendary item may look better and very likely will allow higher tower or character DPS, but a green item dropped the next wave will have better Item Power. Not replacing a single weapon or relic can drag down your average, and you will get stuck.

More guides on this in the new player links, with a couple of different ways to gear up.

Good luck!

@YW887 quote:

@Sp3cialk304 quote:

Replace the Protons with an LSA at each wall and where ranged units stand. Or if you're good at placing them put a Frosty Tower near the start of each lane.  Slowing enemies inside flame auras is super effective. 

@Sp3cialk304 quote:

@YW887 quote:

@Sp3cialk304 quote:

Replace the Protons with an LSA at each wall and where ranged units stand. Or if you're good at placing them put a Frosty Tower near the start of each lane.  Slowing enemies inside flame auras is super effective. 

Imho nimbus is far superior to FA. Although not hard tested its always out performed for me while in games which is way i stopped using FA as often. Been using it as my main since C5(Post fix) cyborks can be dealt with with good placement ie: Using an FA to bait the disable so nimbus are unaffected.