Sign in to follow this  
WavingHat

Please bring back Challenge Maps

As it stands, there is no reason to progress other than you just want to. Even if you do get the strongest gear in the game, there really is no point. There is no end-game boss you need crazy gear to beat to get crazy rewards nothing. Specifically I miss Challenges maps. Like the one where you hunt down more and more turkeys every wave; or the kobald only map; or the mode where monsters are defending cores from YOU. 

These were really challenging modes (at least when they were first released) and they rewarded you with unique weapons or pets that actually had very unique abilities. Not how it is now where any weapon is just a re-skin of another since you could just put a shard in any weapon.

The same thing with bosses every few levels. You used to hit a roadblock for awhile because you ran into a huge boss (not just a mini boss like ogre, siege, etc.). You needed to farm that boss a few times, usually, to progress further to get good drops from a powerful boss.

Right now there is no reason to get good gear. There is only one reason to run incursions currently and that is just to simply see it. They don't drop the good gear or reward the best xp. The weapons you get don't matter because I could just use a shard for any affect I wanted. Once you hit max gear, the only thing to do is to farm the map you got that gear from some more.

The game has become monotonous and boring in the way you progress. Please bring the excitement back from DD1 and early, early DD2.

Ok. Maybe. Maybe not. Hmm?

How about six more Chaos? Or 43?

A goat? We all need busy tents.

How about Roller Derby on Dragonfall Bazaar map and rollers spawn from each spawn point every 30 seconds interspersed with witherbeasts and hex throwers.

Can you survive 10 minutes

Maximum 15 lives

@Dani quote:

I don´t mean to sound rude, because you seem like a humorous guy, but why don´t you ever post any useful information about the game in here? I don´t think I´ve ever seen anything other than jokes from you. 

I mean no offense, but I just saw your reply to OP's topic and it's a little disrespectful, and in no way helpful. You are the one with the red background to your name. (*and then he changed the background colour)

Yeti incursion is one of late-game maps, since it is only on last tier caos. I hope they will add more maps, that are avalable only on high chaos tiers

Yeahhhhhh, the devs need to go back and play dd1s challenges and rework/add some more stuff like that.

The one op mentions about the mobs defending against you was by far the funnest map out of every dd game. It was extremely unique, and gave you one of the coolest/best weapons for the hunt until the second dlc map dropped.

I honestly wish dd1 had gotten better support for the ps3, I'd easily still be playing that if it had. Well, better support, and ya know, gamespy not shutting down...

I miss raining goblins. I don't know why but I found that fun to figure out different ways to do it. I didn't even really care about the reward just that could I do it.

@Claussanta86 quote:

every 30 Sec a Roller? lol boring high end Players can nearly 1 Shot a Roller even on 7

Every 30 secs 3 rollers as Dragonfall Bazaar has 3 spawns. Also most people one shotting the rollers are using methods with cooldowns.

It's just a suggestion. 

Most people *using op monk cheese* can one shot rollers. Who else can do that?

I know my huntress takes a little bit to get the job done but it doesn't rely on 60 second cd abilities using monk cheese. I would enjoy seeing a boss rush style challenge akin to DD1 ogre party. 

no  Cooldowns .... just Ev 2 and R2  and the Roller is down in 5 Seconds. Bosses with 500 Million HP and 3 Times more Damage to Walls ...this would be a Challenge . 

or endless waves and +1000 Enemy Level after every Wave 

@MaJean quote:

@Dani quote:

I don´t mean to sound rude, because you seem like a humorous guy, but why don´t you ever post any useful information about the game in here? I don´t think I´ve ever seen anything other than jokes from you. 

I mean no offense, but I just saw your reply to OP's topic and it's a little disrespectful, and in no way helpful. You are the one with the red background to your name. (*and then he changed the background colour)

Cause they not allowed to talk about stuff that is not finalized yet.  There hands are kinda tied.

@mindlessdefender quote:

@MaJean quote:

@Dani quote:

Cause they not allowed to talk about stuff that is not finalized yet.  There hands are kinda tied.

I know. But I´m pretty sure one could contribute to a thread in a constructive manner without giving secret stuff away, if one were so inclined.

@MaJean quote:
@mindlessdefender quote:

MaJean quote:
@Dani quote:

I know. But I´m pretty sure one could contribute to a thread in a constructive manner without giving secret stuff away, if one were so inclined.

Feel free to browse my prolific and extensive post history to dig up many a useful nugget of postage, jovial and serious.

I mean no disrespect here or other places. If you see my joking, please take it as an acknowledgement of the topic at hand, even if my hands are tied from participating directly and contributing to the topic.

In this case, for clarity, I completely and utterly agree with his position, as I share it myself. I've let it be known for many years that I'd love to see a return to the DD1 style of challenges, across every map.

So, for DD2. of the many things we're working on, I'm sure the OP will take heart that much of it will address his core concerns. If you'll allow us patience to work on the content, we'll be happy to reveal and talk about it fully, without jokes or silly remarks, in due time.

Goats.

@Dani quote:

@MaJean quote:
@mindlessdefender quote:

MaJean quote:
@Dani quote:

Feel free to browse my prolific and extensive post history to dig up many a useful nugget of postage, jovial and serious.

I mean no disrespect here or other places. If you see my joking, please take it as an acknowledgement of the topic at hand, even if my hands are tied from participating directly and contributing to the topic.

In this case, for clarity, I completely and utterly agree with his position, as I share it myself. I've let it be known for many years that I'd love to see a return to the DD1 style of challenges, across every map.

So, for DD2. of the many things we're working on, I'm sure the OP will take heart that much of it will address his core concerns. If you'll allow us patience to work on the content, we'll be happy to reveal and talk about it fully, without jokes or silly remarks, in due time.

Goats.

I´m sorry I have just read so many jokes from you, I guess I just needed to hear you say something sensible. Thank you:)