Sign in to follow this  
Crawfish

Another double xp weekend, another c1 player joining c5+ games.

Seen too many 200+ ascension with c2 gear trying to join c5+ games.

Even saw a game titled last night .... "Help, need builder" with 150+ ascension restriction for a C6.

I joined, wanted to help ....... he was in c1 gear.

Seriously?

Well, supposedly now asc requirement stays. Haven't tried it myself but it's not worth complaining about on forums if you haven't tried it either.

It is pretty sad though. I'm pretty sure i was way past c7 when i got to 200 so it kills me a little when i see people in their triple digits stuck on c2-3. But they're to blame i guess so whatever.

Anyways don't play public if you want to avoid it. Or try the asc min setting first.

@DonnieTheZombie quote:

Anyways don't play public if you want to avoid it. Or try the asc min setting first.

True,

but I'm a player that tries to be social and play multi player, and just meet fellow players.

solo is kinda boring after a while. 

Also, I join multi player just to see how they errr build and I errr copy, LOL.

@Crawfish quote:

True,

but I'm a player that tries to be social and play multi player, and just meet fellow players.

solo is kinda boring after a while. 

Also, I join multi player just to see how they errr build and I errr copy, LOL.

Naw i feel ya man. I almost never play solo. I just hop on and help people or hop on to afk pub games (i always ask if reasonably level people want to build because i know it's boring af for others) I literally played c1to max c7 solo so i get it.

I'm just sayin man for whatever the majority of people on the game, even across consoles are either noobs, or leechers. So you're going to get that kind of stuff A LOT if you choose pubs, i rarely meet other high level players and also rarely meet people who know how to build/know gear progression/that sort of thing. It sucks but, it's how it is dude

Yeah, you'd think Trendy would seek to fix this... but nope. =/

Leechers gonna leech. I had one guy join my C6, in C1 gear, stating he was there because the XP was better... when we lost because he couldn't hold a lane, let alone defeat an enemy, he told me "Thanks for nothing."

Which is my sentiments to Trendy, on this situation... lol. 

On that note, I really wish Trendy would learn how to double gold, at some point. 

We really need to get back to iPwr Item Level for entering requirements.  Or better yet, you cannot join a Chaos or Incursion difficulty game unless you have sucessfully solo'd it.  I know, harsh, but 'could' work?

Diablo 3 simply had level requirements for each difficulty.
Chaos 1 req lvl 50 character
Chaos 2 req Acn 20
Chaos 3 req Acn 40
Chaos 4 req Acn 80
Chaos 5 req Acn 120
Chaos 6 req Acn 160
Chaos 7 req Acn 200
This just an example numbers can be changed of course.

Please don't blame the Double XP weekends for this disparity. People are going to leech in public games regardless, and newer players are going to realize that C7 allows their Ascension to climb insanely fast (even without Double XP active. You saw the same type of scenario you just described long before the original Double XP weekends happened.) What these weekends do, however, is provide a very nice treat for the dedicated players. I am happy for it, and I hope we keep seeing these weekends when new content drops. It's a huge incentive for lots of dedicated players to hop back on (after taking breaks due to burnout, etc.)

As for the concept of minimum Ascension requirements to play in public lobbies of a certain Chaos tier: the issue with that is we already have a system of that sort in place. Now that lobbies will retain their minimum ASC setting from match to match, hosts can set this themselves every time. And when a host is generous and wants to carry new players: they still have that option. Having it be hard-set to a certain ASC level per Chaos tier would not be good for anybody.

Even in Diablo, which was cited above: it doesn't lock public games by Paragon levels. It locks them, to my recollection, by someone's highest completed solo Greater Rift. Which is a fair gauge of skill and stats. Unlike Paragon levels, which much like Ascension levels in DD2: mean nothing towards someone's skill or experience. Example:

I came back from the game after a very long break, and I had to progress through the Chaos tiers over the past few months. I managed to get to top C7 stats by the time I hit Ascension level 155. Not by being carried, either: most of my time was spent solo. I just knew the game well, changed out my gear meticulously after every wave I cleared (on my Gunwitch/main,) did my research beforehand, and it didn't take a horribly long time. I've been a dedicated DD player for something close to six years, and by now I know all the maps in DD2 like the back of my hand. Yet I'd be banned from most public lobbies due to my Ascension level. Which is perfectly fine on a host by host basis, but it should absolutely not be a hard minimum.

Mindless I like that idea but IMO too harsh.  I'd say can't join the x+1 until you've successfully solo'd x.  They can be overgeared when they do it, but at least you must have _some_ baselevel grasp on how to play the game before you're allowed to proceed.

Ascention can go up without limit.  Even slow learners should be rewarded for their commitment.

That's my opinion on how it should go at least.  Having said that of course, I was one of those leeching, but I always thanked my carry.  I got my act together in C6 and solo'd myself to C7 max gear.  But I do sorta wish I had been forced to figure the game out sooner.

I really think they should change iPwr to a public number that is related to chaos tier so you get a value like C1-75% that is based off your current gear.   You'd use this number to limit entry to public matches instead of ascension.  It would really help with progression too since you could easily see if an item is going to increase your score.  

@ShinUkyo quote:

Yet I'd be banned from most public lobbies due to my Ascension level. Which is perfectly fine on a host by host basis, but it should absolutely not be a hard minimum.

This.

It works both ways. High ASC Players with low gear, and Low ASC players with high gear.

I hate to quote this from WoW, since I hated their homogenisation overall but, Bring the player, not the class(level/gear). 

I rather fail 100x but laugh my arse off on the party "chat" (Mic on PS4) than have silent matches. AS of late, I want to play No Man's sky more than I wanna play DD2, but it's the people I play with that make me log into DD2 instead. If it weren't for them, I would've stopped playing for a while until new content is released.

Thus why I keep saying on most of my posts about this subject that " If you need help, it's stupid to set a min ASC level." . Just cause YOU can't clear it at that ASC Level, doesn't mean others can't or even carry you. I find people needing help and setting ASC levels that are obscene ( I've seend ASC 150 for Chaos 1-3) hypocrits and self entitled pricks. I normally end up creating a game for that Tier level named " LOL@ASC REQUIREMENTS" and freely carry people.

I know I'm not a good person by doing that, sure. But it does make me feel better for helping people that at least weren't pricks to start with.

Most of these issues could've been solved by allowing full host control of their own games. Instead, yesterday I invited someone to MY session, and as soon as he joined, he became the party LEADER. No loadings, no map change, he simply join and the game gave HIM the Lead. .-_- 

I really don't see why the gate cannot be completing a certain number of different maps in each tier before being allowed to enter the next with no exceptions. At least they will have gear from running those levels. And if you want to play with your lower level friends, you have to play at their level, not carry them in yours.

@ShinUkyo quote:

D3 -snip-

Very well said and something I have kept saying is needed here.  Even a brand new character is no longer allowed to be carry in anything higher than Torment 6.  To achieve a higher greater rift I have to beat the previous.  Getting to GR103 solo was not the easiest but I believe the same pride of reaching the higher Chaos in this method could render the same achievement for us.

there is still a bug or maybe trendy needs to set it somehow up. a few days ago , i´ve created a game with asc 250 , a few people joined and it was fine. but somehow a friend from one of these players joined him and he got a asc lvl of 60. so i refused to build in c7.

@schwarzbrot quote:

there is still a bug or maybe trendy needs to set it somehow up. a few days ago , i´ve created a game with asc 250 , a few people joined and it was fine. but somehow a friend from one of these players joined him and he got a asc lvl of 60. so i refused to build in c7.

It seems like people can join up on their friends and bypass the ASC requirement. On all platforms. And when you add so many friends from Steam/PS4/XB1 Groups, or from Discord, a lot of them won't realize that it's not polite to join someone's game without asking first. The grouping system in the game is still wonky, and I'm glad to know fixing it is one of their top focuses aside from new content...

On a related note, I REALLY hope they can institute an "invite only" setting for the game. One that truly works. It's a standard in other fun hybrid looting games I play: Destiny, Borderlands, Diablo, etc. As well as just about every game where you can team up with people. And it's something I always activate as soon as I boot up a game. This way you can add people to your contact list, even ones you don't know intimately well, and not worry about them joining games without asking. Or heck, even some people I've known for 20+ years like to do that to me if given the chance haha. I'd rather not give that chance.