Sign in to follow this  
Paloverde zfogshooterz

Revenge of the Yetis signifies that it's time for Incursion and Chaos to.....

.....Have a DIVORCE (sorry, but the title was too long). Like with Gear and Passives.

As I did said at a thread that Incursion and Chaos was not meant to be mixed. Now Trendy has delivered a incursion that's a C7 difficulty but NO special enemies. That is GOOD 'cause I did once said at a survey that Incursion DO have special enemies too which ARE the stars. And when you mixed those with Chaos enemies, you'll only start worrying about the Chaos enemies and not the Stars of the Incursions. 

For ex. 

You'll worry about Dark Assassins rather THAN Altar Assassins.

You'll worry about Hex Throwers rather THAN Maldonis' Dark Mark or Spooky Heroes.

You'll worry about Geodes AND Dark Assassins rather THAT OF Power Surge itself

You'll worry about Berserker Orcs Rather THAN Lava Orcs.

Of course Unholy Catacombs and Bastille Master could be overlooked as their Stars are serious enough. But then... adding Chaos enemies do puts stress that make it NOT fun, plus it's muddling the Stars. (Combining Kobolts and Bastile Master's Timer is a killer and worrying about the Berserkers & Spectral Knight is not that good either.)

What makes "Revenge of the Yeti" Awesome? Because we get to enjoy and worry about the Ice enemies which IS the STARS of this Incursions. We DON'T have to worry about Vanguards, Geodes, Berserkers, Asssassins, Hex Throwers, and (Most Infuriating for me) Kobolts. Plus, like jojozityjo said, we get to use any defense towers we want, which makes it more fun to play this incursion.

My suggestion is to implement new difficulties similar to Nightmare that makes Incursion Shines by itself. For ex. say We get to experience "Nightmare 1 to 7" and probably all the way to the actual endgame. As there are player who actually do enjoy playing and farming Incursions as itself during the day of NM4

Any thoughts and Feed back is appreciated. 

@Paloverde zfogshooterz quote:

-snip-

I do agree that it is nice to be able to use any defenses we want in the Yeti incursion. That said, personally, I don't "worry" about geodes, hexers, etc in any of the other Incursion. Well...except for Ch5 incursions.... the dark assassins in power surge and especially Alter of Athame are relentless!! Get those incursions out of chaos 5 Trendy!! I am actually fine with how all the other Incursion are currently.

But, again, it is nice being able to build anything Defense in the yeti Incursion.

@SpiderDanX quote:

-snip-

I do agree that it is nice to be able to use any defenses we want in the Yeti incursion. That said, personally, I don't "worry" about geodes, hexers, etc in any of the other Incursion. Well...except for Ch5 incursions.... the dark assassins in power surge and especially Alter of Athame are relentless!! Get those incursions out of chaos 5 Trendy!! I am actually fine with how all the other Incursion are currently.

But, again, it is nice being able to build anything Defense in the yeti Incursion.

Yeah..C5 is literally a killer! And if it's nice to be able to build anything in the Yeti Incursion, It's gonna be nice to build anything in the other Incursions too. Plus as I've said (and I'm gonna add something) Incursion by itself is pretty unique, Trials is unique by Chaos and Shards. I personally think that mixing the two is just making incursion boring. As I think the challenges are cool enough for us to play in difficulties without special enemies.

Don't get me wrong, I do like the special enemies in Chaos but Incursions have special enemies too and by mixing them to me is making a mess.

I actually really enjoyed the climb in Chaos 1-7 and then going back through once in C7 to do the incursions.  I think they are great and how they force you to change your strategy is fantastic.  Does it still pigeon hole?  Yes... but that's sort of... the point.  

Incursion rewards need to include all regular rewards from all waves, not just the chest at the end or cosmetics or pet food.  

Onslaught we already know will make it's return.  We also know that the end game mode they have been working on in great secrecy will be coming.  We're just getting started! :)

Chaos is a terrible mode for regular playing. Unless they remove the hard-counters. Chaos once youve done the collection of gear and shards... what else is there to do? Chaos is a TERRIBLE thing to repeat on a regular basis cause tehre is no fun to it, it's nothing but restrictions, restrictions arent fun.

Endgame should be about freedom, doing what we want, using what we want, so we can explore and make our own fun. Like this Yeti Incursion for example. Hard-Counters need replaced with more ingenuitive, NON-Hard-Counter mobs like those genius mobs in the incursion. Or that "Endgame Mode" should not be chaos based. Maybe have an option to check a checkbox to include the chaos mobs so for those few of us who want the extra challenge can take it at anytime. Cause, you know, freedom in what we wanna do makes for the best endgame.

But Chaos isn't end game and it's been announced several times... Onslaught has also been announced as not being end game... -.-

I agree. Its definitely nice to see less laziness, on Trendy's part. When they don't reuse assets, time and again, cool new things can happen... like RotY. 

@Kambien quote:

But Chaos isn't end game and it's been announced several times... Onslaught has also been announced as not being end game... -.-

but for now, it is, and until trendy gives us details on their afore mentioned "endgame mode" they are working on, this is all we got, anythingin the future is a mystery. For all we know they could make their endgame mode all about chaos stuff, more restrictions! So until we know for sure, we're gonna keep letting trendy know that Chaos stuff is not meant for Endgame lol

@Kambien quote:

But Chaos isn't end game

The game is in full release. Chaos is pretty much all there is to do repeatedly. Chaos is endgame for the foreseeable future.

@Kambien quote:

I actually really enjoyed the climb in Chaos 1-7 and then going back through once in C7 to do the incursions.  I think they are great and how they force you to change your strategy is fantastic.  Does it still pigeon hole?  Yes... but that's sort of... the point.  

Incursion rewards need to include all regular rewards from all waves, not just the chest at the end or cosmetics or pet food.  

Onslaught we already know will make it's return.  We also know that the end game mode they have been working on in great secrecy will be coming.  We're just getting started! :)

Yeah..it's the rewards too that gives Incursion it's glory. Blitz-farming those levels was fun.

@Jojozityjo quote:

@Kambien quote:

but for now, it is, and until trendy gives us details on their afore mentioned "endgame mode" they are working on, this is all we got, anythingin the future is a mystery. For all we know they could make their endgame mode all about chaos stuff, more restrictions! So until we know for sure, we're gonna keep letting trendy know that Chaos stuff is not meant for Endgame lol

Literally agreed,  Trials/Chaos is pretty cool as PROGRESSION! But as endgame? Not going to be THAT unique if it ever went that way. 

Everything about Trials/Chaos is unique by itself and is meant to be tied together as (repeat) progression. If Chaos covers Progression AND Endgame, it's uniqueness gonna be stale. And it's actually going to be (or most likely already) stale by being in Incursions. There's no need to kill that uniqueness by mixing meat (Chaos) with some great salad (incursions) into a weird (or an alien) salad.

So hopefully Endgame will be something fresh and UNIQUE by itself.

There's no need to kill that uniqueness by mixing meat (Chaos) with some great salad (incursions) into a weird (or an alien) salad.

Hey! Not all aliens are weird or a bad thing lol

I came to planet Etheria with nothing but good tidings, so dont label me, an alien, as weird or negative XD

@Jojozityjo quote:

There's no need to kill that uniqueness by mixing meat (Chaos) with some great salad (incursions) into a weird (or an alien) salad.

Hey! Not all aliens are weird or a bad thing lol

I came to planet Etheria with nothing but good tidings, so dont label me, an alien, as weird or negative XD

Yeah, you're right, aliens are actually pretty cool XD.

Guess I should've said "Xenomorph salad". Haha!

.....Have a DIVORCE (sorry, but the title was too long). Like with Gear and Passives.

As I did said at a thread that Incursion and Chaos was not meant to be mixed. Now Trendy has delivered a incursion that's a C7 difficulty but NO special enemies. That is GOOD 'cause I did once said at a survey that Incursion DO have special enemies too which ARE the stars. And when you mixed those with Chaos enemies, you'll only start worrying about the Chaos enemies and not the Stars of the Incursions. 

For ex. 

You'll worry about Dark Assassins rather THAN Altar Assassins.

You'll worry about Hex Throwers rather THAN Maldonis' Dark Mark or Spooky Heroes.

You'll worry about Geodes AND Dark Assassins rather THAT OF Power Surge itself

You'll worry about Berserker Orcs Rather THAN Lava Orcs.

Of course Unholy Catacombs and Bastille Master could be overlooked as their Stars are serious enough. But then... adding Chaos enemies do puts stress that make it NOT fun, plus it's muddling the Stars. (Combining Kobolts and Bastile Master's Timer is a killer and worrying about the Berserkers & Spectral Knight is not that good either.)

What makes "Revenge of the Yeti" Awesome? Because we get to enjoy and worry about the Ice enemies which IS the STARS of this Incursions. We DON'T have to worry about Vanguards, Geodes, Berserkers, Asssassins, Hex Throwers, and (Most Infuriating for me) Kobolts. Plus, like jojozityjo said, we get to use any defense towers we want, which makes it more fun to play this incursion.

My suggestion is to implement new difficulties similar to Nightmare that makes Incursion Shines by itself. For ex. say We get to experience "Nightmare 1 to 7" and probably all the way to the actual endgame. As there are player who actually do enjoy playing and farming Incursions as itself during the day of NM4

Any thoughts and Feed back is appreciated. 

New incursion was definitely the easiest thing on Chaos VII. Still, i do enjoyed it more than anything else on Chaos VII (mostly because there was no Kobolts). It was a nice change of pace.

However, i don't think we need even more weird difficulty systems. Maybe it would be a better idea to allow any incursion to be played on any chaos level, but with the removal of special chaos tiered enemies from said incursions. Plain and simple.

@enigma007 quote:

.-SNIP-

New incursion was definitely the easiest thing on Chaos VII. Still, i do enjoyed it more than anything else on Chaos VII (mostly because there was no Kobolts). It was a nice change of pace.

However, i don't think we need even more weird difficulty systems. Maybe it would be a better idea to allow any incursion to be played on any chaos level, but with the removal of special chaos tiered enemies from said incursions. Plain and simple.

The difficulty I actually meant was the return of Nightmare which would be scaled with Chaos. Chaos is unique because of its special enemies. Take away the special enemies and it will not be Chaos anymore, it's just reversing back to Nightmare. And if Chaos ends at Chaos X the Nightmare difficulty would just keep going all the way to Endgame scaled difficulty.