Sign in to follow this  
Galbadine

Yeti Incursion - Wow.

Just played this through, and I am impressed!

The freeze effects are pitched just right, the slow is noticeable, inconvenient but not silly in length or magnitude. And being frozen solid is pretty much death, maybe shatter damage from hefty yeti is a bit high on frozen players, I'd like to think its possible I could survive if he only gets to hit me once... But I didn't find being smashed a chore, it was a fun reason not to get frozen in the first place!

And a C7 without a foaming hoard of Kobolts is lovely, means I'm not forced to use auras. So nice to have maps where certain characters aren't required (looking at you EV and Monk). 

More of this please! Theme is spot on, love the frosty springs, both new mobs and environment are beautiful. I hope these new maps are being lovingly crafted into the second part of the campaign as we speak...

Thanks, I really enjoy incursions, they add new and different, and in this case avoid all the irritations generally associated with Chaos Tiers. (Geodes, Cyborks: absolute effect, Hexers and Kobolts: require certain builders)

Thanks guys!

I'm with you there. I thoroughly enjoyed the Yeti Incursion. Challenging for the right reasons. No particular hard counters that make you unable to use a tower, but you still need to lay out your towers intelligently or risk being destroyed by the freezing mages or the yetis.

I did actually have a question though, wondering if its just bad RNG for me or if its a bug. I have cleared the Yeti Incursion 7 times and i received the sword and shard, 4 or 5 of those times but i have yet to get a shark pet. Do i need to keep farming or do you think there is an issue? I have gotten four or five legendary chests at the end to no avail for my flying sharky pet. Just wondering if its only me. 

It's interesting when most of the feedback is actually positive cause there aren't (almost any) no hard counters in play.

It's as if people really dislike hard counters and would prefer to use any tower, at any given time with just different elemental type of enemies. If only a game had done  this before so we could have an idea of what it's like....

Oh well. Guess we will never know.

/s

@Elyssae quote:

It's as if people really dislike hard counters and would prefer to use any tower, at any given time with just different elemental type of enemies. If only a game had done  this before so we could have an idea of what it's like....

Yeah... Difficult building a brand new game without years of testing and adjustments on a previous game finding out what people enjoy.

Shame.

@Elyssae quote:

It's interesting when most of the feedback is actually positive cause there aren't (almost any) no hard counters in play.

/s

HAHA!

@Elyssae quote:

/s

My thoughts exactly