Sign in to follow this  
[CG] LAWLTA

Update 1.1 Notes and Discussion

Greetings Defenders,

Update 1.1, the Wizards and Blizzards Update, has arrived! Our focus for this update is the arrival of the Adept (our new gender-swap hero), bringing Revenge of the Yetis Incursion to all platforms, updating many important systems, and paving the way for the addition of larger modes and variety to Etheria in our coming updates. Let’s dive into some chilling patch notes!

EoSR3Op.jpg
New Hero:  The Adept!

“A dedicated bookworm and talented mage, the Adept pursued the arcane arts from a young age. Unrivaled in her valley homeland, the Adept has come to Dragonfall to prove herself among the finest arcane masters and to take the fight to the Old Ones on the fields of battle.”

The Adept is our new gender-swap hero, and with her comes two new abilities and one new defense:

rAVXixO.gif
New Ability:  Arcane Bubble

The Adept creates a pulsing shield that reflects all enemy projectiles and periodically stuns all enemies within. It’s particularly useful against enemies that apply crowd control effects (*cough* Dark Assassins *cough*).

mQx7QVw.gif
New Ability:  Arc Lightning

The Adept sends piercing bolts of devastating lightning that damage marked targets and enemies caught in-between her and her mark.

IQpIdSx.gif
New Defense:  Hailstorm Tower

The Adept’s new defense is a powerful anti-air tower! The Hailstorm Tower fires a barrage of single-target damaging ice shards at flying enemies, which also weakens them to follow-up attacks.

hdO4Net.jpg
Try the Adept for Free!

Perhaps best of all, with the update out now, you’ll be able to try the Adept for free by visiting the Portal in the Heroes Marketplace! Once you enter the Portal, you’ll be given access to a normalized version of the Adept decked out in gear. If you like being able to try out a premium hero for free, please let us know.  

Check the Adept’s section of our Hero section for more information on abilities, towers, and shards!

58qXl7g.jpg
Revenge of the Yeti’s Incursion on PS4 & PC

This frosty Incursion is available on PS4 and PC in this update! Prepare to face the mighty Yeti and his abominable new minions on the Hot Springs map. Revenge of the Yetis is available in Chaos VII, prepare to overcome the cold or get frozen in your tracks.  Succeed in doing so, and gain the power that the Withering Blast Shard has to offer! 

Double EXP Weekend!

To help beat back this frozen behemoth and his horde of frozen allies, level up twice as fast this weekend!  The event runs from:

• Start:  Friday 4:00 PM EDT
  • End:  Monday 4:00 PM EDT

LadlEv2.jpg

User Interface

• New Cosmetic Manager UI!

• Shows costumes you have and do not have (including special events).

• New ways to browse costumes, accessories, and towers.

• Added a rotating preview model to hero customization.

• Last hero focused in customization will now be the focus when returning to your inventory.

• When going to hero details window, gamepad focus is set to the weapon slot.

Matchmaking

This update implements some major backend matchmaking updates, which we’ll be able to grow and improve the matchmaking experience upon. With this particular update, we’ve been able to address the following:

• Ascension minimum level requirement will be enforced when transitioning to the next map.

• Joining nearly completed matches is now less likely.

• Sticking with party members between maps has been improved.

• Custom session name will now preserve between maps.

• Default session name will change and update between maps.

• NOTE: Periodically the ‘Next Map’ option will instead send you back to the Tavern / Town. This is a temporary server-relief measure that we hope to remove in a future patch.

There’s plenty more we want to do with this new backend system in the future (like improving the Party System), so stay tuned for more updates!

Gamepad Improvements

• Pressing L1+R1 on PS4 or RB + LB on Xbox, in any order, will now use Ability 4 (Heal).

• On Xbox, when aiming at a defense, pressing RB+B will sell the defense; while pressing Y will upgrade the defense.

• Note: It will continue to function as before if you aren't aiming at a tower when you start interacting.

• On PS4, when aiming at a defense, pressing R1+ Circle will sell the defense; while Triangle will upgrade the defense.

• Note: It will continue to function as before if you aren't aiming at a tower when you start interacting.

• Swapping Heroes, in both gameplay and at the Inventory screens, now uses D-Pad directions without the L1 (PS4) or LB (Xbox) combination.

• Selecting an item automatically focuses a valid equipment spot.

• Selecting a helmet highlights the helmet slot on the current selected hero.

• Selecting a relic chooses the first relic slot.

• Quest UI, Ping, etc. have been moved to L1 (PS4) and LB (Xbox) + D-Pad directions.

• Controller key bindings have been updated in the Options menu.

mUDFe8O.png
Leaderboards

We've introduced a new leaderboard feature on our site!  

• Compare the top scores on individual maps.
  • Compare scores for both single and multiplayer sessions.

Click here to check it out and see where you rank!

General Balance and Features

• Multiplayer Enemy Health Scaling

• Enemies now only gain 20% health per additional player (was 25%).

• Wisps are back on all game modes!

Hero Updates

Abyss Lord

Ascension Powers

• Abyss Knight Talent increases damage dealt and scales with ability power.

Adept

Abilities

• Arcane Bubble: The Adept creates a pulsing shield that reflects all enemy projectiles and periodically stuns all enemies within.

• Mana Cost: 80

• Cooldown: 25 seconds

• Tesla Coil: The Adept sends piercing bolts of devastating lightning that damage marked targets and enemies caught in-between.

• Mana Cost: 35

• No Cooldown

Towers

• Hailstorm Tower: An anti-air tower that fires a barrage of damaging ice shards at flying enemies, which also weakens them to follow-up attacks.

• Defense Cost: 40 DU

Shards

• Wither Shield:  Arcane Bubble withers enemies inside it increasing the damage they take by X%.

• Found in the Chaos 1 Shard Pack.

• Sanctuary: Heroes inside the Arcane Bubble shield heal X% of their health per second during the duration of the bubble.

• Found in the Chaos 2 Shard Pack.

• Icefall:  Hailstorm Tower attacks have a X% chance on hit to freeze enemies for 2 seconds.

• Found in the Chaos 2 Shard Pack.

• Thunderwave:  Arc Lightning deals X% Ability Power as damage to all enemies around you.

• Found in the Chaos 3 Shard Pack.

• Arc Shielding: Arc Lightning places a shield on you that lasts 20 seconds that absorbs X% of your Ability Power. Enemies that hit the shield are damaged for a total of Y% of your Ability Power over 3 seconds.

• Found in the Chaos 4 Shard Pack.

• Marking Bubble: Arcane Bubble will place a Mark on all enemies in the initial spawn area and increases Mark count X.

• Found in the Chaos 4 Shard Pack.

• Thunderbolts and Lightning:  Increases the damage of Arc Lightning by X%.

• Found in the Chaos 5 Shard Pack.

• Explosive Finale:  Upon completion, the Arcane Bubble explodes dealing X% Ability Power damage to all enemies in and around the bubble.

• Found in the Chaos 6 Shard Pack.

• Glacier: Every 10 attacks, Hailstorm Tower fires an icy boulder that explodes on impact dealing X% Defense Power as damage in a small area.

• Found in the Chaos 7 Shard Pack.

• Withering Blast: Enemies damaged by Arcane Barrier take 20% increased damage for 3 seconds. 

• Found in the Revenge of the Yeti Incursion.

Apprentice

General

• Secondary Attack projectiles no longer magnetize to targets, ensuring they always travel in a straight line. This increases their accuracy when trying to pierce and Mark multiple targets. Adept’s secondary attacks have been updated to use this new targeting as well!

Abilities

• Arcane Volley

• Due to an improvement in trajectory and visibility, projectiles reach their Marked targets sooner.

Shard

• Added - Withering Blast: Enemies damaged by Arcane Barrier take 20% increased damage for 3 seconds. 

• Found in the Revenge of the Yeti Incursion.

• Magic Missile

• Updated the description.

Huntress

Abilities

• Oil Flask

• Animation speed greatly increased.

Monk

Towers

• Skyguard Tower: Skyguard Tower has been bugged for a while, firing 4 projectiles from a single barrel instead of 1 from each of its 3 barrels. It now fires correctly, and we had to rebalance the damage-per shot to balance out kill times on packs of enemies.

• Defense Power ratio increased 5.5 -> 6.5 (+18%)

• Projectiles per attack decreased from 4 to 3 (-25%)

Mystic

Towers

• Serpent's Coil:  Now affected by Defense Speed.

Bug Fixes

• Fixed an issue partially with mobs walking over blockades by increasing blockade height.  Please watch where you step.

• Fixed multiple split-screen crashing issues.

• Fixed multiple split-screen party invite issues.

• Fixed multiple split-screen party continuity issues.

• Fixed an issue where scrolling without a gamepad was not responding correctly.

• Fixed an issue when trying to turn off gamepad control without having a gamepad connected.

• Fixed an issue in sewers where North East sub-objective destruction was causing incorrect spawns the following waves.

• Fixed an issue where tower skins for the Apprentice, Huntress, and Squire were not purchasable.

• Fixed an issue where shop tooltips were appearing offscreen in 1920x1080.

• Fixed a description issue with Dragon Stance; changed to “Each enemy hit with a primary attack.”

• Fixed an issue where the Dryad controlled worse in the air than other heroes.

• Fixed an issue where the 8-bit skin for Dryad was not purchasable.

• Fixed an issue with the Weapon Manufacturer Damage talent display.

• Fixed Scourge Dragon Pet ability tooltip to include it happens “for the first 5 hits.”

• Fixed an issue where Initiate’s hand customization was not saving when exiting the shop.

• Added description to Betsy shards to warn users that only one of the shards will be active at any given time. (Equipping a Betsy shard to a Betsy weapon does not duplicate the effect).

• Fixed an issue where the Prince’s cannons were not dealing damage.

• Fixed an issue where EV2’s Buff Beam would flash red on the minimap without being low health.

• Fixed an issue where Drenching Broomnado shard’s drench was not working with storm damage correctly.

• Fixed an issue where upgrading an item could increase its required level.

• Removed unneeded tooltips for Hero Customization top row.

• Fixed default Shinobi Monk Head’s eyes.

• Fixed an issue where accessories descriptions weren’t displaying correctly.

• Fixed an issue with PS4 shader cache.

• Fixed an issue where the Xbox store was referencing the PlayStation store when attempting to purchase with insufficient gems.

• Fixed an issue where Hero Levels and Ascension Levels were not displaying correctly on the HUD hero name-plate.

• Concussive Chi shard now only affects one target at a time, has the same behavior as Overwhelm.

• Fixed accessory tab segment bug.

• Fixed several audio special effects that played louder out of the left channel, and all music playing louder out of the right channel.

• Fixed several spelling errors with shards.

• Added default skin names for towers.

• Fixed a bug where Demon Scythe’s secondary fire was dealing incredibly high critical damage.

• Demon Scythe’s secondary attacks should now fire in a straight line, using the same improvements as Magic Staves for the Apprentice / Adept.

• Fixed an issue where the gamepad on Xbox incorrectly displayed the R and L button bindings.

• Fixed several spelling errors with equipment.

• Removed option for Gunwitch to select tower skins.

• Lowered volume level of rivers.

• Fixed an issue where a number of shards were using negative numbers in their tooltips.

• Fixed an issue where loading screen pro-tip referenced practice maps.

• Fixed a volume issue with critical hit and headshot sounds.

• Fixed an issue with shop data and scrolling with gamepads.

• Fixed a sound issue when choosing a location for a tower.

• Removed an effect that was a remnant from Huntress’s Explosive Trap.

• Fixed a material issue for forest maps.

• Fixed a focus issue with the Petrinarian UI.

• Fixed default skins to not have tooltips.

• Added death volume in sections of Demon’s Lair/Molten Citadel map.

• Fixed an issue with gamepad performance on the Hero Customization window.

• Fixed an issue when opening the wartable when not in a party.

• Demon’s Lair Incursion steps for completion typo corrected (previous Demon Slayer Incursion)

Unless Incursions drop proper loot I don't see the new Incursion getting a lot of play.

Once you beat it and get Withering Blast, why play it again?

Ill get the Adept as I have all the heroes but we sorely need some content.

Good job on all the bug fixes though

Thanks for the update.

Do you plan on keeping the normalized mode to try ou all purchasable heroes before actually purchasing them? I really love this idea.

Opinions about lane wisps are rather different. I don't think we needed them back. Now I will be angry again if enemies leave their official path and see it as a bug. ;-)

There’s plenty more we want to do with this new backend system in the future (like improving the Party System), so stay tuned for more updates!

I am not asking when this will be released... just asking when you will talk more about this... ;-)

Am not a big fan of the d-pad character change. 

It is working great in combat but you can no longer navigate with d-pad in My Deck menu. 

Another 10 gigs... I'm really scared to see a content update with new maps, gear, or Chaos Tiers. I'm going to have my HDD run out of space solely due to a game that has no content, lol. 

Marvel Heroes Omega recently got a hefty update, but has tons to do. Fortnite gets frequent updates of ~200MB, but again, has a ton to do. DD2 gets a 10GB update that has one character swap and one incursion...

@DrkrZen quote:

Another 10 gigs... I'm really scared to see a content update with new maps, gear, or Chaos Tiers. I'm going to have my HDD run out of space solely due to a game that has no content, lol. 

Marvel Heroes Omega recently got a hefty update, but has tons to do. Fortnite gets frequent updates of ~200MB, but again, has a ton to do. DD2 gets a 10GB update that has one character swap and one incursion...

It overwrites current data. It doesn't go 10GB + 10GB = 20GB. 

@DrkrZen quote:

Its a issue with using Unreal Engine 3. They can't do much about it.

Fixed a bug where Demon Scythe’s secondary fire was dealing incredibly high critical damage.

I had reported that issue. But I didn't report that it was dealing incredible high crit damage, but also no base damage. So now by removing the crit damage, Demon Scythe in C7 gear does around 100k dps with crit, when normal secondary attack of Abyss lord does 500k. So why would I choose a tome that nerfs my overall dps? This needs to be reworked. It now does damage that you would expect from a C4 weapon. Something is wrong there.

We need more content, we need higher chaos tiers, its not hard to just recycle maps and place mobs with higher stats and higher stats shards, please do it, I love this game and would love to play it for a long time but Im reaching end game and once you can solo the higher chaos level there is no fun anymore..

@Fozzie quote:

Unless Incursions drop proper loot I don't see the new Incursion getting a lot of play.

Once you beat it and get Withering Blast, why play it again?

Ill get the Adept as I have all the heroes but we sorely need some content.

Good job on all the bug fixes though

Yeah, was kinda surprised/disappointed when the incursion did not drop a weapons with a Locked shard. Was actually wondering what did the xbox version really drop?

But still, the map looks pretty cool and pretty interesting!

Now there is some questions that's nagging in my mind....

Is the "Revenge of the Yetis" currently a time limited map, similar to Dragonfall Carnival? (really hope not)

If it's not time limited and is here for good, will there be a non-Incursion version of that map?

(This might be a little delusional) Is the Adept fire mage regalia costume a limited costume that could be obtained through events or it's here for good too? (really hope it's here for good too)

@Lawlta quote:
  • Fixed an issue where Initiate’s hand customization was not saving when exiting the shop.

There will be no hand customization problem if she has no hands :D

FzEhtGV.jpg

@specialK quote:

Am not a big fan of the d-pad character change. 

It is working great in combat but you can no longer navigate with d-pad in My Deck menu. 

I second this to kingdom come. Either allow us to map shortcuts or put iT BACK AS IT WAS.

• D-Pad shortcuts are terrible at the moment. As SpecialK Said, in combat, it's not bad. for everything else it's absolutely TERRIBLE . You literally "fixed" something that was NOT BROKEN. There was NOTHING wrong with the previous shortcuts that have been used for ages now.
  • Inventory + Deck navigation on PS4 is now TERRIBLE. There's no way around it. Instead of QoL improvement, it's a shot in the foot. Everytime I switch from inventory to DECK the cursor defaults to the WEAPON of that char, which will clutter the whole deck screen until I select another slot that allows me to see the DECK . This is super frustrating and totally uncalled for. The previous system had it default to the hero/tower stats and/or Ascension/Cosmetic button if I'm not mistaken. PUT IT BACK.
  • Smart-Targeting : O M G ! Please PUT BACK THE CONFIRMATION. Ps4 doesn't benefit entirely for the more "precision" targeting as PC and sometimes you end up missing the tower you actually want to upgrade. Having auto upgrade/repair is annoying as hell. On the Devstream you mentioned placing an option for this if people were annoyed. CONSIDER ME ANNOYED.
  • Sound it's totally borked. ( Even before patch ). If I "turn off" all sound, it will still play sound effects, but it will make it sound I'm inside an aquarium. Also, when using a headset/earset, even if you slide the sound all the way left ( in theory, muting it. In fact, why not add a MUTE option entirely?!), sound effects will still play out, SUPER LOUD. Sometimes I can't even hear people over MIC cause of this. TLDR : If I try to mute sound, make sure it's muted, I wanna talk with people instead of having my ears blasted to kingdom come or feel like Nemo.
  • The tooltips for comparing gear are ENTIRELY BROKEN right now. I can't compare anything cause the tooltip goes OFF SCREEN and cut's the entire information. Basically, we gotta do it manually to even see if it upgrades anything, instead of looking at the Green/Red Text. Worse, if the item is located at the bottom of the inventory, the tooltip will be GONE ENTIRELY.
  • New Incursion Bug : Sometimes ( I haven't been able to accurately replicate it yet ) the yeti will throw the snowball to freeze you, your character will get the animation about being frozen, but you can still move around and do everything.
  • Adept Hailstorm Tower : As reported before, it's almost useless. It's base range is way too short and the fact it's a single target tower makes it super useless when compared to the skyguard. Sure, it costs 10 less DU, but the skyguard will have more range due to the nature of 360º attack by default, plus it can attack multiple enemies at once. 
  • Adept : I would've personally preferred to have kept the Frost theme for the Adept by replacing the blockade instead of frostbite tower. Since everyone get's the Apprentice by default, the Adept doesn't/didn't really need to keep the blockade, while it could've kept a Frost theme going.
  • Will the current map be added to C7 Trial rotation? Sorry if this was reported but I would really like to play this map without the incursion theme and just normally, as it's really pretty. 

Will report more as I play, but so far, on the PS4 it has become an exercise of frustration to play with the shortcut + smart targeting changes. Please revert this or give option to revert or keep in the menu.

My suggestions:

Hero swapping

• I liked it better how it was before. It was just as quick to use LB+D-pad, and it felt more satisfying. Just using the D-pad feels cheesy. I think LB is more fitting for hero swapping, and just D-pad is better for dropping mana, bringing up the Quests UI, and Ping.
  • Lots of people have complained about not being able to use the D-pad in the hero inventory. That's definitely a big regression.
  • Plus, if it was reverted to LB+D-pad, then we could even use LB+D-pad to swap the active hero while on the loot side of the Inventory. How handy would that be! We could switch to the appropriate hero without having to LB over, swap to the correct hero, then RB back.

Tower maintenance

• I don't like the immediate upgrade/repair/sell on RB+Gamepad. I consistently act on the wrong defense, and I have to be careful to pause and either stare at the correct defense and make sure it's the right one, or to be extra safe make sure I'm staring off into space away from any defenses when I activate upgrade/repair/sell. This is annoying during build phase and even worse during combat phase.
  • In addition to getting rid of the immediate upgrade/repair/sell, I'd really like two things: Number one, I'd really like to be able to jump over obstructions while in a maintenance mode (after hitting RB+Gamepad). I often go to upgrade something and then realize I need to hop over an environment obstruction or tower to select it. I wish that the jump button would still work as jump while in a maintenance mode, and we could use our choice of hitting RB again, or pressing right trigger (RT) to confirm the upgrade/repair/sell.
  • Number two, I'd really like it if (at least during build phase) upgrade/repair/sell modes could be "sticky", so after I hit RB+Gamepad button, I'm in Upgrade or Repair or Sell mode, and I can for example upgrade all the defenses I want by pressing (per my suggestion above) RB or RT on them. When I'm done I hit the Back button ("B" on Xbox).

So for example: I can enter upgrade mode, and upgrade a single defense to tier 3 just by pressing RB or RT 3 times on it. Or, I can upgrade multiple defenses just by hitting RB or RT on them. And if an obstacle gets in the way, I can use the jump button to jump and get to them, without having to exit and re-enter upgrade mode.

I think this would be a much better experience during the build phase. For during combat phase, I think the same button changes would be handy but maintenance modes should not be sticky.

Please fix the servers. The game is fantastic but I would be moving around in the town, tavern, or in a campaign mission and it would be difficult to get to the place I'm going to because I would teleport. The game doesn't need any change other than that in my eyes at least.

Platform is Xbox One