Sign in to follow this  
fearlesskiller

Game has turned to poopy hug pee pee with this new loot progression....

@PandynatorDD quote:

@Paloverde zfogshooterz quote:

Wait? You mean if ever Ipwr returns, the leech system returns? You saying that it's impossible to combine Ipwr with the anti-leeching progression?

Have not said anything about the anti leech system.

Whoops, may have said this the wrong way, but what you said  seems to imply that once ipwr returns the leech system returns too.

Or as you say, implement a IPWR meter, and we will never care about stats, leech our way up if its "too hard", since we just equip crap gear, and so on. 

@MaJean quote:

One can agree or not about the contents, but I´m finding that the title of this thread is starting to grow on me... Emoji_Kobalt.png

Might want to see a doctor about that... :)

@ally quote:

Personally, I hope this "blue mule progression" thing goes away as well. It's silly.

It indeed is, but it's either this or leeching. Until we get proper host "power", we should stick with how it goes right now.

Maybe make it like DD1 and make character levels actually relevant instead of making leveling to 50 a joke (what is even the point of levels anyways right now?), and make items require a certain level to equip.

@Nefhith quote:

It indeed is, but it's either this or leeching.

"Blue mule progression" and "leeching" are definitely not our only 2 options. I've already posted another alternative that would prevent leeching and gets rid of the blue mule. And my suggestion isn't the only way to do it. I'm not even saying mine is the best. There are tons of options. We do not have to settle for either a "blue mule" or "leeching".

@Hom-Sha-Bom quote:
@Nefhith quote:

"Blue mule progression" and "leeching" are definitely not our only 2 options. I've already posted another alternative that would prevent leeching and gets rid of the blue mule. And my suggestion isn't the only way to do it. I'm not even saying mine is the best. There are tons of options. We do not have to settle for either a "blue mule" or "leeching".

Don't "Donald Trump" me and at least tell me the alternatives, lol.

@Nefhith quote:
@Hom-Sha-Bom quote:
@Nefhith quote:

But... You just quoted the text where I told you that there is already an alternative posted in this thread 

@Hom-Sha-Bom quote:
@Nefhith quote:
@Hom-Sha-Bom quote:
@Nefhith quote:

But... You just quoted the text where I told you that there is already an alternative posted in this thread 

Shhh... I just re-read everything and I'm the one who Donald Trump-ed.

This new loot progression is extremely hand-holdy. You either equip "upgrades" or you don't. If you don't equip the "upgrades" you have no chance of getting lucky and getting something good, you just get stuff at-level with what your gear level is at.

My problem with it is that it sucks all the excitement out of the game. You know there is no chance of getting super lucky and rolling that C3 item in C1.  There is no chance that, if a legendary drops and if you have a legendary for that slot, that it's going to be that much better. There is no sense of luck while progressing in this game... it's just a waiting game for the next upgrade which dulls down the experience from other games that have you grind.

I honestly preferred iPower over the current system. It wasn't perfect, but with a few adjustments it could have been far better than what we have now.

@PandynatorDD quote:

@mindlessdefender quote:

Bringing back Ipower would simplyfy things more, simply put highest Ipower gear on 1 character no spread sheets needed.

Which is the total opposite of what TE wants. 

They want us to care about the stats rolled, not an arbitrary number. 

What? iPWR is effectively still there - we just can't see it, we have to work it out via sell values which is a whole mess of unnecessary complication.

The stats rolled mean virtually nothing. By the time you're in c5 you can have an item that's the same rarity as what you have equipped but that has 100+ less main stat that the game considers "better" than what you have equipped. 

It would be wonderful if the game would use the stats for determining drops rather than some hidden iPwr parameter. That would make the how-to-get-better-loot riddle not a riddle anymore.

@Cuddles quote:

@PandynatorDD quote:

@mindlessdefender quote:

Bringing back Ipower would simplyfy things more, simply put highest Ipower gear on 1 character no spread sheets needed.

Which is the total opposite of what TE wants. 

They want us to care about the stats rolled, not an arbitrary number. 

What? iPWR is effectively still there - we just can't see it, we have to work it out via sell values which is a whole mess of unnecessary complication.

The stats rolled mean virtually nothing. By the time you're in c5 you can have an item that's the same rarity as what you have equipped but that has 100+ less main stat that the game considers "better" than what you have equipped. 

Which is what I am saying. 

The two do not mix well.

So they have to move away from the hidden IPWR and make it solely based on stats.

Make the stats roll higher so it's easier to see the difference.

Not gonna re write my whole post here. Maybe I wasn't clear enough.