Sign in to follow this  
xzxinflamesxzx

Chaos 6 suggestions

@xzxinflamesxzx quote:

Just getting into chaos 6. Can't seem to find a good counter to hex throwers and looking for suggestions.

Any help is appreciated.

terrain is the best counter :)

build so monsters have no line of sight on your walls, and to get it, they must stand in range of your defenses.

If this is not possible make sure you spawn kill those lanes

@geo981010 quote:

EV reflect walls, or figure out where to make kill zones for the snipers and deal with a lot of wall healing.

EV is a lot easier, and completely counters them if you put them down sensibly.

Unfortunately I dont have ev yet. Probably shpuldve specified

@Zimmermann quote:

@xzxinflamesxzx quote:

Just getting into chaos 6. Can't seem to find a good counter to hex throwers and looking for suggestions.

Any help is appreciated.

build so monsters have no line of sight on your walls, and to get it, they must stand in range of your defenses.

Which tower to spawn kill?

@xzxinflamesxzx quote:

@Zimmermann quote:

@xzxinflamesxzx quote:

Any help is appreciated.

Which tower to spawn kill?

whatever you are using, I use flame auras and Lightning Strike Auras. 

The point is, if they can out range you, change your strategy to where their longer range is no longer an advantage. That is done by abusing line of sight, or fighting closer to the spawn so they might be able to shoot your defenses, but you can also shoot them.. and you will always out DPS them.

@whaaaah quote:

no EV2 is really hard until u are over-geared

?  Gotta disagree with you there, love my EV2, even when she wasnt topped off with good gear.

And to the OP - I can only say I struggled badly in chaos 6 until I remembered to use EV2's reflect wall in front of blockades.  Honestly - kinda easy mode once you do that.

sor, my English is just so bad that let me sell my old sentence and rebuild it

it will be really hard without EV2 until you are over-geared

@Steiny quote:

@whaaaah quote:

?  Gotta disagree with you there, love my EV2, even when she wasnt topped off with good gear.

And to the OP - I can only say I struggled badly in chaos 6 until I remembered to use EV2's reflect wall in front of blockades.  Honestly - kinda easy mode once you do that.

Yeah I figured reflect beams would be great but I don't have ev year and not looking to spend cash to get her. I feel like my gear is good enough I beat chaos 5 with half the defense stats. Dont get it.

I found that earthshatters with earth toss do good work against hexes since they can attack through walls and can have pretty insane range with deadly strikes. Without the EV some lanes are always going to be an issue because you simply cannot play the LOS or range game. 

Really wish Trendy would reduce their range so that reflect beam isn't near-mandatory.

You'll probably have to do a lot of DPS if you don't have an EV2.  Personally I'd just buy or save up medals to get her.

@Kruntski quote:

You'll probably have to do a lot of DPS if you don't have an EV2.  Personally I'd just buy or save up medals to get her.

I am saving up defenders metals, but my next hero is going to be the lavamancer. I am just going to get max gear from chaos 5 and try six again. I can nearly beat it with the gear I have now, it is just extremely difficult and a lot of work. I enjoy a challenge, as I did when I first got into chaos 5, but this is just a little much. Those hex guys are crazy. If it wasn't for the occasional lady orcs, I could beat it no problem, but I have to spend DU's to counter them as well.

@xzxinflamesxzx quote:

@Kruntski quote:

I am saving up defenders metals, but my next hero is going to be the lavamancer. I am just going to get max gear from chaos 5 and try six again. I can nearly beat it with the gear I have now, it is just extremely difficult and a lot of work. I enjoy a challenge, as I did when I first got into chaos 5, but this is just a little much. Those hex guys are crazy. If it wasn't for the occasional lady orcs, I could beat it no problem, but I have to spend DU's to counter them as well.

Are you sure about that? Things may change, but right now the lavamancer is pretty much the worst hero you can buy.

His walls are ok in some special cases as you can use one of them to block a lane where the other walls don't quite cover it. Normally though you are just spending extra DU on walls, which means less DU for actually killing stuff. Oil Geyser can be decent, but I wouldn't call it powerful. The fissure is usually worse than flame auras and don't hit air, so don't really use them anymore. The volcano can be fun, but with geodes this is basically a good way to destroy your own towers (and still sometimes wastes too many shots at goblins on the other side of the map that will die instead of the big guys that are further in).

And while tanky, his DPS is not up to par with most and his abilities are a bit awkward and require mana from fissures.

he is by far my least used hero, and I would get him last after even getting a Dracho and most everything else you could buy with medals.

@geo981010 quote:

@xzxinflamesxzx quote:

@Kruntski quote:

Are you sure about that? Things may change, but right now the lavamancer is pretty much the worst hero you can buy.

His walls are ok in some special cases as you can use one of them to block a lane where the other walls don't quite cover it. Normally though you are just spending extra DU on walls, which means less DU for actually killing stuff. Oil Geyser can be decent, but I wouldn't call it powerful. The fissure is usually worse than flame auras and don't hit air, so don't really use them anymore. The volcano can be fun, but with geodes this is basically a good way to destroy your own towers (and still sometimes wastes too many shots at goblins on the other side of the map that will die instead of the big guys that are further in).

And while tanky, his DPS is not up to par with most and his abilities are a bit awkward and require mana from fissures.

he is by far my least used hero, and I would get him last after even getting a Dracho and most everything else you could buy with medals.

Interesting. I more so want him because I kept getting shards that buff his towers and abilities. Also, I like his design. Currently him, ev, the gunwitch, and the initiate are all I don't have. I might reconsider once I get 10,000 DU's. With that, I will probably be at C7 once I get to 10,000 anyway. With EV still be more worth it than the other heroes?

This was before the last major patch, when PDT's were still a thing; however, I did see in a few public C6 maps this setup in a lane:

Earthshatter, Blackade, FA, Blockade, FA, FA (overlapped).  It did... ok... not great.  You had to help the blockades until the FA's and/or ES's were 2 upgrades or so in.