Sign in to follow this  
yly221

Defense Blockade HP

why is the Defense Blockade HP different from character to character even with the same relic and all ascension is put into Defense Health?

Relic use = Totem with max upgrade 6,899 HP with max Fortification shard add 34% HP.

Lavamancer: Maw of the Earth Drake = 2.8M HP and with 50 upgrade = 3.6M HP and with Max upgrade = 6.2M HP

Abyss Lord: Orc Blockade = 1.9M HP and with 50 upgrade = 2.5M HP and with Max upgrade = 4.3M HP

Squire: Spike Blockade = 1.6M HP and with 50 upgrade = 2.1M HP and with Max upgrade = 3.7M HP

Apprentice : Arcane Barrier = 1.6M HP and with 50 upgrade = 2.1M HP and with Max upgrade = 3.7M HP

Once i realize that Maw of the Earth drake have way more HP then all of the other classes blockade, it became my main choice of blockade to use due to the HP and can withstand a lot of damage besides from the other blockade with low HP and cant sustain that much damage. I cant use the other blockade in higher chaos tier because they will get destroy like nothing. they just dont have the sustainability like Maw of the Earth drake does with its massive HP.

take a look at their DU cost, that will explain everything :P

I will live and die by my squire blockades :)

And yes I am talking about chaos 7. Remember less DU into blockades is more DU into towers, and they say the best form of defense is offense and I can easily clear C7 with rank 1 towers with my blockades taking low damage, almost never repair in the whole game. 

Just play what you enjoy and if the build is good you will win regardless of tower choices :)

It is useful to have higher HP on blockades occasionally, but the squire's blockade is definitely good enough to get you through all chaos tiers.  Many of us have done it that way.  If you stagger your spiked blockades so that they aren't damaged simultaneously, you get twice the HP in that lane as well, for the same cost as a lavamancer blockade.  You do have to upgrade both (if you want to), but there are many strategies for getting more out of your blockades.  The fact that spiked blockades are in the cheapest category in terms of DU is one big part of their popularity.  The other part is that they have a decent attack speed for stunning I guess.

@lekkin007 quote:

It is useful to have higher HP on blockades occasionally, but the squire's blockade is definitely good enough to get you through all chaos tiers.  Many of us have done it that way.  If you stagger your spiked blockades so that they aren't damaged simultaneously, you get twice the HP in that lane as well, for the same cost as a lavamancer blockade.  You do have to upgrade both (if you want to), but there are many strategies for getting more out of your blockades.  The fact that spiked blockades are in the cheapest category in terms of DU is one big part of their popularity.  The other part is that they have a decent attack speed for stunning I guess.

shield blockade are nice since they aggro, but to me their HP just dont sustain it that well. Maw of the earth drake can replace 2 blockade plus the upgrade too and can hit flying target plus the chances of petrified the one that they hit in term of "stunning" without shards that also include the assassin.

Maw of the earth drake is not twice the width a squire blockade.  In some lanes, you can totally block with one maw when you need two spiked blockades, but generally speaking for total lane coverage (which is important for stopping rogue skeletons and lady orcs from occasionally ignoring them) the spiked blockade is the most efficient.  Actually, mystic's wall is the same price and wider, but I've had too many problems with the bubbles doing weird things.  If your walls are melting though, that just means you aren't laying down enough damage before enemies get there, and you need to learn better tower placement.  I play C7 and almost never have to even repair my blockades, much less upgrade them.

I Hope app Blockades get love soon. ATM CC is too valuable to not have. I would prefer App blockades with meteors back. @Trendy I want my App Blockade shard already....... 

@mordyo quote:

I Hope app Blockades get love soon. ATM CC is too valuable to not have. I would prefer App blockades with meteors back. @Trendy I want my App Blockade shard already....... 

Yeah.  Apprentice blockades are the only ones I have no use for.  They were better at 20 DU than they are now. At least then they had a cost difference. 

oh this make me remember 

i have played with 3 guys in plaza with just snake wall spamming

we did reach wave 4 with just hero dps

I can answer this original posting very simply put. Why are the blockades of different characters different HP? Because they are DIFFERENT characters, lol. Same relic and ascension is one thing, but the characters are different, so obviously they could naturally have different HP for their defences. Kind of a no-brainer if you ask me, just sayin.