Sign in to follow this  
MushroomCake28

Any update to the pet system?

And by update, I mean a whole update, not a rebalance like we had with pet abilities.

The current pet system is very old and work fine back in days of NM. The stats pets had were actually on par with NM4 gears (talking about hero and tower stats on pets). Now, we have 22k DP medallions with pets giving a max of 350 DP. Pet stats (damage and speed) is something that has been outdated since a long time.

Pet abilities are nice, but perhaps we can get something more? Something like pet shards? I don't know, but updating the current pet system would be nice, a nice refresh.

@MushroomCake28 quote:

The current pet system is very old and work fine back in days of NM. The stats pets had were actually on par with NM4 gears (talking about hero and tower stats on pets). Now, we have 22k DP medallions with pets giving a max of 350 DP. Pet stats (damage and speed) is something that has been outdated since a long time.

Pet abilities are nice, but perhaps we can get something more? Something like pet shards? I don't know, but updating the current pet system would be nice, a nice refresh.

i disagree with it working fine back in NM, the interaction with premium pets was, and still is, pathetic... the obvious solution to the biggest problem would be giving pet eggs set rarities

perhaps im the minority, but im very happy that pet stats (and damage) are marginalised, makes choosing which one you use less of a statistical impact and more of an aesthetic one, it also makes the difference between hybrid characters and a dedicated combat/builder character less than if they had good lategame stats

I wish damage that pets do with their normal attacks would scale with your gear! That way maybe they can kill an enemy or two lol.

Remember the Mega Chicken from DD1? We want that!

@PandynatorDD quote:

They have plans to rework it.

But don't we want proper endgame before that happens?

This exactly. It's on our list of things to do, but our current priority is endgame content. The pet rework is tentatively scheduled to come thereafter.